Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong in my definition of leader, but offensively DeMar has a much higher Usage (by 40%), more front court touches, takes more shots and scores more points. DeMar also plays more minutes.
    The leader on your team doesnt have to take the most shots or have the highest usage.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      If you watch this clip...the first four minutes are infuriating as anything but the last minute redeems it. I'm glad Pierce brought up Houston. They've had about the same playoff record as us for the past 4 year but (up until Pierce did), I don't hear them called a "great regular season team". I use that phrase because they Philly site, after we showed we could beat them back to back in very different ways, complimented us by saying it's ok to lose to a "great regular season team". How does this losing franchise (76ers) get on their high horse to say that? I realized I said "F Pierce" before but in fairness, he played them in the 3-6 match up and beat them and then on a new team, played them in a 4-5 match up and killed them. Stay tuned...this video will be seen in another thread.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        The leader on your team doesnt have to take the most shots or have the highest usage.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        JUst curious. How do you define leader?
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Draymond is the leader of the warriors and is like the 4th option on offence.

Comment

• I hadn't seen the entire clip before now and feel that there is a lot of validity. Pierce certainly has his reasons to feel as he does as we know. Lowry was unquestionably the leader during the last playoff failures (and really only the Net and Wizard losses were true disasters....though the near loss to the Bucks last year was painful) and I agree that he still is the emotional leader of this bunch. His failures like Demar's in past years had a lot to do with the system, the whistle and the lack of depth. The referees still worry me a lot but I feel like the other factors are more in our favour; plus Demar is now close to superstar status (provided he isn't up against Wesley Mathews)

Comment

• Dwane Casey went up ten notches in my book for having OG's back here. Way to show some fire, coach!

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Dwane Casey went up ten notches in my book for having OG's back here. Way to show some fire, coach!
                Yeah I was pretty happy with that.

I don't think OG had any malice intended. He got the steal, which even though the game was pretty much over, it was close enough that we could still give a fuck on D. And then he was being pressured down the court so the natural reaction is to beat the pressure to the rim and he probably didn't notice the clock too well. If the Hawks laid off him he may have looked up and just dribbled it out.

And all that aside, wtf is wrong with Budenholzer? Most of the time when a play like that happens, the coach will yell at the other team's coach, not necessarily the player. If he thought OG was classless, well it's equally classless to try and pick an argument/fight with a player, and a rookie no less, as he's quietly walking off the court. It's not like OG was boasting or anything about the dunk. I don't even think he really wanted to give Delon that gimme five.

Anyway, really nice to see Casey stick up for his rookie. Again, I'm sure he mostly took issue with Bud going after the player and not him. And I bet if he had gone straight at Casey, Casey probably would've taken the classy move and apologized for the dunk.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Budenholzer should stick to being a coaching genius and savant and not worry about talking trash.... oh, wait.

Comment

• Loved seeing Casey stick up for OG.

Maybe coach Bud should yell at his own players for turning it over instead of yelling at Raptors for stealing the ball.

Comment

• As an aside, the mobile site is still f--d up for me.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                        As an aside, the mobile site is still f--d up for me.
                        Download Tapatalk

Comment

• 2018 New Year's resolution - give Casey credit.

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• If the Raps keep winning, I could see Casey as the East coach of the ASG. Stevens had it last year so is disqualified. Just need to keep beating the Cavs in the standings and he'll get it.

Comment

• No Big Ups for the Eastern Conference Coach of the Month - Dwane Casey?!?!?!?!?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                If the Raps keep winning, I could see Casey as the East coach of the ASG. Stevens had it last year so is disqualified. Just need to keep beating the Cavs in the standings and he'll get it.
                                Our schedule is tough but the Cavs' schedule may be even tougher. I hope he gets it and then somehow brainwashes LeBron to think he is a chicken once the playoffs come.

Congrats to DC on winning head coach of the month.

Comment

Working...
                                X