No announcement yet.

Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What case thinks of the early start time...

Last edited by alguuu; Fri Apr 15, 2016, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• DeMar and Lowry playing smarter and better basketball has made this offense tolerable. The defense has been at least above average to downright stellar (with certain lineups) for the majority of the season. For that Casey, you earn a solid B+.

But fielding a starting lineup with a glaring and obvious flaw all season (without attempting once to bring a certain someone off the bench) is a big time sin. You get dropped to a C. Succeed in the playoffs or be damned.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        There is no inconsistency. You are confusing operational decision-making and goals with strategic decision-making and goals.
        I don't see it like that at all.

The strategy is to build a franchise, team and culture that embodies passion for the game and sustainable winning, for the long-term.

MU publically stated the operational goals (each season), yet it seems as though he's not holding the operation (the team) accountable, even when they fail to achieve the stated operational goals (more playoff success than a game-7 1st round knockout). Doing so after a 1st round exit this playoff, would be the second straight season of failing to hold the head of the operation accountable for the failure.

I understand that the operation (team) has many components, but MU himself addressed 2 of them this past offseason - key assistant coaches & key rotation players were upgraded. The only components that remain intact are the core players (DeRozan & Lowry) and the head coach (Casey). If the team fails again, something's got to give, and I can't see how the accountability wouldn't fall on Casey.

Comment

• I think Casey's "we're a work in progress" comments are first and foremost aimed at motivating his players. He's going to keep reminding them they haven't achieved anything yet, haven't done anything yet - that's been a message all year and it's been coming up in post-game player interviews, from Casey, and from Masai. They know from the last two years that if you take your foot off the pedal at all because of your regular season success, it'll all mean jack if you get ousted in the first round again. They all know that.

Masai is also trying to shut down the noise re: Casey's future. These guys are focused on winning the first round.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• What's funny is how silly the "pound the rock" metaphor seemed when we first heard it. But it's so accurate now. Taking an unrecognizable pile of nothing, and slowly chipping away until it turns into a piece of art.

Was Casey punking us all along?

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              The only components that remain intact are the core players (DeRozan & Lowry) and the head coach (Casey). If the team fails again, something's got to give, and I can't see how the accountability wouldn't fall on Casey.
              Don't worry. (Almost) Everyone has their pitchforks sharpened. They may as well hand those out before the game instead of low quality shirts.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                Don't worry. (Almost) Everyone has their pitchforks sharpened. They may as well hand those out before the game instead of low quality shirts.
                What's lost in the discussion, as well as my assessment, is that I believe it's all going to become moot. I think the Raptors will have a relatively easy time getting out of the first round and, if healthy, should be favored in the second round. I think they're better than Charlotte (despite the history) and evenly matched (at least) with Miami.

Even with playoff success, I'm very intrigued to see how the offseason plays out for the Raptors.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                  Where did Masai say that Toronto shouldn't be considered a favourite? He doesn't even mention the opponent once. I don't think at all that he was softening the blow in case they get upset again. Grange clearly states Masai was speaking about the franchise as a whole.

He's responsible for a lot more than just one season's W-L record. I guess that could be considered a cop-out, smokescreen, or as Sinbad states "an insult to the fanbase's intelligence", but it's not the job of any GM to appease the fanbase. Especially when the majority of it wants to hear one thing - if the Raps lose, heads will roll.

Though I agree, it's fair to think that DD and Lowry are finished products - though it was also fair in previous years and ultimately incorrect. Add JJ, Scola, JT and Carroll to the list. Out of the 9 other players on the roster who isn't a work in progress? Masai brought in 7 new players after last season. But you don't agree that the team as a whole might not be a finished product?

Maybe winning and losing is all that matters, but otherwise there were very few similarities between the last two playoffs and I doubt there will be many this year as well.
                  To quote former Buffalo Bills head coach Doug Marone "results matter".

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    What's lost in the discussion, as well as my assessment, is that I believe it's all going to become moot. I think the Raptors will have a relatively easy time getting out of the first round and, if healthy, should be favored in the second round. I think they're better than Charlotte (despite the history) and evenly matched (at least) with Miami.

Even with playoff success, I'm very intrigued to see how the offseason plays out for the Raptors.
                    IF Raptors make it to ECF they have to make sure they don't approach the offseason the way Houston did last offseason.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                      To quote former Buffalo Bills head coach Doug Marone "results matter".
                      Isn't Marrone the guy who quit on the team?
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

IF Raptors make it to ECF they have to make sure they don't approach the offseason the way Houston did last offseason.
                        Not being snarky, but I don't understand what you mean by that.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

we don't have a howard like player. we will be good. we don't have players trying to get their teammates traded behind their backs

Comment

• Anyone think Casey makes the correct adjustments? I hope we dont see DD guarding George, Ppat plays much more, little to no Scola and more Powell.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              Anyone think Casey makes the correct adjustments? I hope we dont see DD guarding George, Ppat plays much more, little to no Scola and more Powell.
                              I think there's a good chance that Demar won't be guarding George (and if he is, Casey should be fired mid-game). I don't expect anything else to change.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                Not being snarky, but I don't understand what you mean by that.
                                In the offseason Daryl Morey thought they had championship caliber team and only needed to add a piece to be serious title contenders. They got Ty Lawson which was a bad fit , James Harden spent his offseason chasing the Kardashians. Their dream that they were legit title contenders was fools gold. The whole organization seriously misjudged where they were at.

Comment

Working...
                                X