Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    But that's been the scouting report since 2007.

Game three was wonderfully coached. Unfortunately, the story of Casey's career here is that for every game 3, there is a game 1 and 2 where completely nonsensical strategies/rotations are used.
    In theory the game plan for game 1 was right. The Cavs absolutely slaughtered the Hawks with 3 pointers, so it made sense to run them off the 3 point line into Biyombo. The trouble was that Biyombo wasn't at the rim often, which Casey adjusted to.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
      In theory the game plan for game 1 was right. The Cavs absolutely slaughtered the Hawks with 3 pointers, so it made sense to run them off the 3 point line into Biyombo. The trouble was that Biyombo wasn't at the rim often, which Casey adjusted to.
      Yeah, but that was the problem with the game plan! They sacrificed everything that made them successful in the season, which anyone could tell you would result in layups and the wrong kind of blowout. Then they did exactly the same thing in game 2, not making any adjustment at all except starting Scola.

In game three they finally smartened up and forced the Cavs to make jumpers to win. I give credit for getting it right, but I definitely also assign serious blame for screwing it up in the first place.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Shout out to Casey for taking one for the team. He is growing on me ahahah.

Comment

• That's 25k well spent, coach.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
            That's 25k well spent, coach.
            It remains to be seen..

Comment

• Kudos to Casey and the coaching staff.

Hopefully MLSE steps up and takes the ($25,000) Charge.

Fines in, Dhantay Out
              Jones suspended, Casey fined by NBA for Game 3 actions
              Last edited by Raptor Jesus; Sun May 22, 2016, 07:36 PM. Reason: link

Comment

• I wanna see a Dwane Casey team without DeMar and Scola replaced with competent two-way players. Don't have to be all stars but are pluses on both sides

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                  Kudos to Casey and the coaching staff.

Hopefully MLSE steps up and takes the ($25,000) Charge.

Fines in, Dhantay Out
                  Jones suspended, Casey fined by NBA for Game 3 actions
                  Somebody better step up and pay that fine for him. He said what needed to be said and now it's in the public eye as well(not that that matters a heck of a lot). There's no way that the team could let this crap continue without saying anything, and he is the one that needed to say it. Kudos is right!

Love you, Dwane, til the next time you piss me off. 😆

Comment

• so.. Who's going to set-up a gofundme page? Make a video about bad calls? = More public scrutiny for the NBA.

Comment

• When I connected to RR today I read the article on th home page as Dahanty Jones suspended, Dwane Casey Fired. Hat a wtf? moment.

Comment

• Hats off to Dwane. Two back to back great coaching games.

4th quarter run was pretty bad but other than that it was a great game.

Gotta admit I was on the Fire Casey bandwagon before the playoffs and during the first couple rounds but he's taken the team much further than ever expected. He's earned that contract extension.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                          Hats off to Dwane. Two back to back great coaching games.

4th quarter run was pretty bad but other than that it was a great game.

Gotta admit I was on the Fire Casey bandwagon before the playoffs and during the first couple rounds but he's taken the team much further than ever expected. He's earned that contract extension.
                          My favourite Casey moment of the playoffs was him running over half court and grabbing the ref at the end to call timeout. I thought that guy was going to have a heart attack.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            My favourite Casey moment of the playoffs was him running over half court and grabbing the ref at the end to call timeout. I thought that guy was going to have a heart attack.
                            i liked the back ground defensive stance helping biz double team from the sidelines

Comment

• Congrats Casey!

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                That shit must be scary. Guy is focusing on the game at hand. For all he knows it could be a fan. He jumped pretty good. Also loved the Drake-like clapping he did on that Kyrie 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X