View Poll Results: Casey has no contract after this season, so what happens?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gets extended after successful season

26 40.63%
  • Is fired during the season

6 9.38%
  • Is not resigned and replaced

32 50.00%
Page 2 of 128 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Dwane Casey

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    That's a treadmill team by definition. I'm anti-tank but trying to squeeze into the playoffs end of season to be eliminated first round by playing vets is horrible planning. Blame BC or Casey but Casey is the only one left. Casey needs to show some ability to guide a team past the first round to keep his job.
    This is a management decision, not the coach's.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    This is a management decision, not the coach's.
    Now management has been changed. If Hayes, PsychoT and Fields play before JJ and Bebe it is Casey. If Lou Will is chucking without any accountability its Casey too. I'm waiting to see but its been a consistent pattern.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Top10 team in both O and D. While starting and playing two sophomores 25+. That's a feat in it's self. Not many coaches can say that. If any actually lol.

#ProveEm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Now management has been changed. If Hayes, PsychoT and Fields play before JJ and Bebe it is Casey. If Lou Will is chucking without any accountability its Casey too. I'm waiting to see but its been a consistent pattern.
    I don't think Psycho T or Fields get playing time because Casey barely played them last year. I can see Hayes playing over Bebe and that would piss me off. Hayes is just so shit lol. That would be all on Casey though

5. Like MunsMunny liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    I don't think Psycho T or Fields get playing time because Casey barely played them last year. I can see Hayes playing over Bebe and that would piss me off. Hayes is just so shit lol. That would be all on Casey though
    Casey only plays veterans who suck when they are expiring. Not hating but it happens every year. At least nobody can blame BC.

Raptors Republic Superstar special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of people seem to have already made up their minds on Casey. Posters here seem to discount the fact that he started two sophomore players and gave our young guys plenty of run (even though they made their mistakes). All the while we were top 10 in offensive and defensive efficiency.

I think it's time posters realize that this is a different Dwane Casey (post BC). Masai and Dwane seem to be on the same page and Casey has said recently that he will play whoever helps the team win, regardless of their salary.

I really disliked him after the "come hell or high water" comment BUT i'm over that now. He really seems to be able to get the most out of his roster and i agree that he is an above average coach (when everything is considered).

8. Like Puffer liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I specifically remember Casey saying during the playoffs regarding T-Ross, something along the lines of, "If he didn't have so much potential he wouldn't be playing right now". Ross was playing like crap and still getting basically the same minutes he did in the regular season. The guy was shooting 29.8% FG and 16.7% from 3 for crying out loud.

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    A lot of people seem to have already made up their minds on Casey. Posters here seem to discount the fact that he started two sophomore players and gave our young guys plenty of run (even though they made their mistakes). All the while we were top 10 in offensive and defensive efficiency.

I think it's time posters realize that this is a different Dwane Casey (post BC). Masai and Dwane seem to be on the same page and Casey has said recently that he will play whoever helps the team win, regardless of their salary.

I really disliked him after the "come hell or high water" comment BUT i'm over that now. He really seems to be able to get the most out of his roster and i agree that he is an above average coach (when everything is considered).
    I could agree that BC influenced Casey in how he handled Bargnani... but he basically did the same thing with Rudy early last year and that was under Masai's watch. If salary isn't the deciding factor for playing time, then why was Rudy given free reign to continue to chuck up bricks?

The "come hell or high water" remark will continue to be a concern for me because of Rudy's play... If Lou Williams chucks up a bunch of bricks, is a stiff on defense, and hurts team chemistry but continues to get over 20mpg it will be on Casey in my opinion. I'm hopeful that it won't happen because Lou will be playing for a contract. But I'm afraid that it could and I'm even more afraid of how Casey would handle it.

Raptors Republic Superstar JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Top 10 defense isn't that great. Houston had similar defensive numbers. If the team focus is defence being top ten sucks. Charlotte was 6th.
    Top 10 isn't that great I guess lol, but better than at least 20 other teams.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Top 10 isn't that great I guess lol, but better than at least 20 other teams.
    Yup and we only had the 9th best Net Rating (ORtg - DRtg) in the league. But yeah not great, only better than 70% of the league.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup and we only had the 9th best Net Rating (ORtg - DRtg) in the league. But yeah not great, only better than 70% of the league.
    Not top 5-6 in either is worse then top ten in both. Rather be 4th Def and 15th Offense. Elite defense and average offense or Elite offense and average defense. The gap in the middle isn't that big but elite is a big difference. The gap between #1 and 10 is larger than #10 to 30.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Not top 5-6 in either is worse then top ten in both. Rather be 4th Def and 15th Offense. Elite defense and average offense or Elite offense and average defense. The gap in the middle isn't that big but elite is a big difference. The gap between #1 and 10 is larger than #10 to 30.
    Yeah I'd rather be the 05-06 Raps with their elite offense (5th) and horrible defense (29th) and 27-55 record.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'd rather be the 05-06 Raps with their elite offense (5th) and horrible defense (29th) and 27-55 record.
    Defense is always preferable and directly effects playoff success. Terrible defense always means losses. Heat and BKN sacrificed defense for offence but was not terrible on either. Knicks, Lakers were terrible on defense which is why they lost so many games. Charlotte isn't a great defensive team based on players but top 6 defensively with a defensive coach. Casey hasn't moved the needle as much in the same time with equally young players.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Defense is always preferable and directly effects playoff success. Terrible defense always means losses. Heat and BKN sacrificed defense for offence but was not terrible on either. Knicks, Lakers were terrible on defense which is why they lost so many games. Charlotte isn't a great defensive team based on players but top 6 defensively with a defensive coach. Casey hasn't moved the needle as much in the same time with equally young players.
    The Lakers were 21st in offense so I have no clue wtf you're talking about.

How in all hell has Casey not moved the needle?

The year before he got here we were 20th on offense and 30th on defense.

Post Thanks / Like

The Lakers were 21st in offense so I have no clue wtf you're talking about.

How in all hell has Casey not moved the needle?

The year before he got here we were 20th on offense and 30th on defense.
    Hornets were equally bad. They moved to 6th. Laker offense sucked but they also were second in pace, they just had no players to convert. All the elite teams are good or better defensively. Being 9 and 10 means nothing. If we are a defensive team we should be at least close to Charlotte.

Post Thanks / Like

Hornets were equally bad. They moved to 6th. Laker offense sucked but they also were second in pace, they just had no players to convert. All the elite teams are good or better defensively. Being 9 and 10 means nothing. If we are a defensive team we should be at least close to Charlotte.
    I can't believe what I'm reading. The fact that you don't see how crazy good it is that we were top 10 in defense and offense with a team that started two sophomores (who made MANY mistakes defensively and offensively), has a starter in Demar who isn't the greatest defender, has a backup point guard who couldn't stay in front of a turtle and has a backup center in Chuck Hayes who is slow as fuck and can't alter or block a shot if his life depended on it blows my mind. Oh well, it's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

19. Like 007, imanshumpert liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie MunsMunny's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lol what are you guys talking abot. You would seriously have Bebe play over Hayes or PschoT??? Your crazy

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MunsMunny wrote: View Post
    lol what are you guys talking abot. You would seriously have Bebe play over Hayes or PschoT??? Your crazy
    The beauty of the unknown.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe what I'm reading. The fact that you don't see how crazy good it is that we were top 10 in defense and offense with a team that started two sophomores (who made MANY mistakes defensively and offensively), has a starter in Demar who isn't the greatest defender, has a backup point guard who couldn't stay in front of a turtle and has a backup center in Chuck Hayes who is slow as fuck and can't alter or block a shot if his life depended on it blows my mind. Oh well, it's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
    If I laid out all the def rtg you could easily pick good defensive teams from the other 30, without prior knowledge. Picking Toronto def rtg from result in the middle would be hard. Clippers to Houston was 102.1 - 103.1. Good teams ranged from 96.7 -101.2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MunsMunny wrote: View Post
    Not Psycho T but Hayes yes. He can't be any worse than Hayes in all honesty. The ONLY thing Hayes is good at is guarding big men who are good at scoring in the post. He can't make the easiest layups (no touch around the basket), he can't block or alter any shots and he isn't good as the pick and roll defender because he's slow as hell. It's a big struggle for him to recover to his man after he hedges. Oh and he's a decent rebounder. I only put Bebe over Psycho T because I know Casey dislikes Psycho T for whatever reason and barely played him last year so he will probably do the same this year.

Page 2 of 128 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread Information