Raptors 2014-15 Projected Wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feet85 wrote: View Post
    @DanH i'm just curious are you a math major?
    Engineering.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Although I think it makes sense in terms of injury avoidance, I really doubt KL will play only 30 MPG
      PCOS Charity

Comment

I think 49 Wins, same as last year. Here is what will change: some teams we swept or beaten in 3 or 4 game sets (WAS, PHI, CLE, ORL, DET) we might lose to them one more than last season, but the teams we got beaten or swept last year by (MIA, CHA, IND, ATL, F@#* BKLYN), we will win one more than last season.

Comment

I think adding Lou and James to the Raptors bench is a significant upgrade. James is also a situational player who could play with the starting unit when the opposing match-up dictates. Having a better bench is a huge advantage.

There is going to be increased competence from internal growth on such a young team, in particular by JV and Ross, both of whom come back bigger and stronger.

I don't think Lowry loses a step. I think, after being handed the keys to the team and being snubbed for the all-star game last year, he comes back with all of the fire in his belly he showed last season, if not more.

I think DeRozan changes his game with better handles, a better 3 pt shot and gets to the rim more, along with fewer loooog twos (a full shopping list for DeMar).

I think Casey and staff analyse the previous seasons losses, and particularly the playoff series and improve their defensive schemes (as the players improve their understanding of help defense -I'm looking at you JV and DeMar - as well as their offensive plays (inbounds plays anyone).

Continuity will lead to improved offense simply because the players will understand each other better and will come into the season having greater trust in each other, so despite an improved Eastern Conference, I expect the Raps to hit 50 wins.

Comment

I'm going to predict 51 wins.
            We will never blow anyone out and we will never get blown out.
            We will win a double overtime game by a game winning put back dunk by jonas on bosh and the heat.
            Bruno will get posterized by someone and will go off for 23 points.
            Austin daye drops 32 in his infamous return to t.o
            Ross will posterize mozgav twice
            Dd will average 21/5/6
            Bebe gets a head and shoulders endorcement deal because of his luscious hair.

We will sweep Miami in round 1 and take Cleveland to 7 games but lose on a heartbreaking offensive foul call on lowry in the final seconds due to garbage officiating in round 2. Adam silver will be in attendance...those are my predictions
            Last edited by yabadabayolo; Sun Jul 20, 2014, 11:13 AM.
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              That's fair.

Potential positives this year:
              Val/Ross improvements
              James Johnson big upgrade for defense on wing

Potential negatives this year:
              Stronger Eastern conference
              Likely to be more injured than last year
              Lowry/PPat/Vasquez may not duplicate various parts of their performance
              We are lacking a big beard for the first time in a long time

I think we hover at 48 or slightly lower. A big year from Val pushes us over 50.
              Hey! We still have that 15th spot available on the roster! Maybe we'll sign a PG growing the James Harden
              @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
                Hey! We still have that 15th spot available on the roster! Maybe we'll sign a PG growing the James Harden
                I heard the game can ball haha
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

A lot of high expectations for win totals around here. I personally think they will win fewer games (going with 46) but will be a better team. East is going to be better. Lowry was healthy last year for the first time in his career, unlikely to repeat that; and losing him for 10 games is likely a tough stretch for us.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    I'm going to predict 51 wins.
                    We will never blow anyone out and we will never get blown out.
                    We will win a double overtime game by a game winning put back dunk by jonas on bosh and the heat.
                    Bruno will get posterized by someone and will go off for 23 points.
                    Austin daye drops 32 in his infamous return to t.o
                    Ross will posterize mozgav twice
                    Dd will average 21/5/6
                    Bebe gets a head and shoulders endorcement deal because of his luscious hair.

We will sweep Miami in round 1 and take Cleveland to 7 games but lose on a heartbreaking offensive foul call on lowry in the final seconds due to garbage officiating in round 2. Adam silver will be in attendance...those are my predictions
                    Austin Daye won't do shit in his return to Toronto haha
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      A lot of high expectations for win totals around here. I personally think they will win fewer games (going with 46) but will be a better team. East is going to be better. Lowry was healthy last year for the first time in his career, unlikely to repeat that; and losing him for 10 games is likely a tough stretch for us.
                      How is last year the first time Lowry has been healthy?

07-08: 82 games
                      08-09: 77 games
                      09-10: 68 games
                      10-11: 75 games
                      12-13: 68 games

The only seasons he really had big health issues were his first season and 11-12 (the season he was getting serious all-star consideration early before getting hurt and losing his starter spot).

Plus I think Lowry won't have to play as many minutes this year.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post

The only seasons he really had big health issues were his first season and 11-12 (the season he was getting serious all-star consideration early before getting hurt and losing his starter spot).

This comes up a lot. He was sidelined by a freak bacterial infection. Calling him injury prone or a contract year stud is just trolling.

Comment

50 wins. I think we'll be trying extremely hard to hit that landmark this season. The difference between 48 and 50 wins is usually how seriously you're taking the end of season games. I don't see us letting off the gas until we hit 50 wins.

Comment

I call 14 missed games a lot.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              I call 14 missed games a lot.
                              Then I guess Kobe had injury problems early in his career as well.

Comment

To be fair, he predicted that Lowry would miss 10 games… which seems to be right around on average for him and may even be giving him the benefit of the doubt when looking at his average games played.

Edit: He plays 63-64 games per season on average over his career. Remove his rookie season where he only played 10 games and he plays just under 71 games on average. So yes, predicting that he'll end up missing 10 games seems very reasonable.
                                Last edited by Fully; Mon Jul 21, 2014, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X