Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you want to see improved from each Raptor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to see slight improvements of JV in rebounding and less turnovers, Ross needs to be consistent, Demar with improved jumpers, handles and defensive awareness
    Amir with less 3s, more rebounds and less turnovers... I've seen him try to drive like a small forward and lose the ball like too many times

and most importantly, major improvements in athleticism for Bruno
    If Bruno was as athletic as Giannis was... I think he could have cracked the starting line up by the mid season
    As for everyone else, as long as they play as expected, should be fine
    (EX: Kyle lowry, keeping the same level of intensity from last yer)
    Last edited by Triplethreat89; Thu Jul 17, 2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Casey: offensive sets that move the ball more, including utilizing our bigs as finishers near the rim where they can get some easy buckets. Better timeout and rotation management. Out of bounds plays that don't make me want to commit harakiri everytime I see them.

Lowry: Get even thinner
      DeMar: Handles, keep working on that 3 pt shot, and most importantly better D
      Ross: Gain a bit of weight, work on ballhandling and decision-making
      Amir: Can he get ankle transplants?
      Jonas: Slim down, become consistent at jumpers, add a couple of post moves...continued improvement on D (should be easier if he's slimmer/faster)

Greivis: Keep doing what he's doing...don't expect him to suddenly get better at individual D for instance
      Pat: Get a hook shot or something. Seeing him fade away in the post over smaller defenders gets frustrating. Hopefully add just a bit more muscle to help bang down low.
      JJ: Really commit to fixing his shot and becoming a decent outside shooter, play within himself
      Lou: Umm....don't know, just stay healthy
      Hayes: Thin up a bit to hopefully get a bit of speed back (Chuck wasn't always so chunky)
      Tyler: bodyslam one player every game
      Fields: Learn to shoot lefthanded...might be his only hope

Comment

Lowry: Prove it wasn't a contract year effort. Become a consistent lock down defender on the ball.
        Derozan: Improve defensively (hopefully Gary Payton is going to get him to play with an edge). More three's and fewer contested long two's.
        Amir Johnson: Stop rolling ankles (fingers crossed). Stay away from the three point line. More blocks from the weak side.
        Valanciunas: Get stronger and have better fourth quarter stamina. Staying out of foul trouble. Refine back to basket game.
        Patterson: Do what you did last year for 75+ games and no complaints here.
        Vasquez: Limit turnovers. Otherwise see Patterson above.
        Ross: Get stronger and play with more consistency and intelligent agression at both ends. Become less streaky as a shooter.
        Bruno: Be a sponge. Hit the weights. Begin your jouney to becoming the Brazilian Nicolas Batum (realistic comps FTW...take that fraschilla).

Comment

Lowry: Build upon last year's production. I'd be happy with the same numbers. Improvement in the mental aspects is what I want to see, and improved leadership.

Derozan: incremental improvement in all areas (continue), with focus on the 3 point shot, ball handling/screen and roll awareness.

Ross: aggression, intensity and consistency. Has the skills, once the game slows down for him a bit more he will be deadly.

Amir: improvement in midrange and back to the basket game. Basically become more of a threat on offence.

JV: incremental improvement in all areas, with focus on those short jumpers and moves on the block. Better team D

------

Vasquez: continue to shoot the 3 well, little post up game would be nice, better knowledge of Casey's defensive schemes

Lou Will: a return to form with the help of our world class medical staff.

James Johnson: know your role, jabroni. A consistent corner 3 would do wonders.

Patterson: increased knowledge of defensive schemes, incremental improvements in his areas of strength. Hopefully he is attending the Amir Johnson School of Screen Offence this summer.

Hayes: continue building on leadership ability

Hans bro: more muscle to deal with bigger bigs

Buycks: improved jumper to compliment his drive and kick game.

Fields: take your pick. Keep workin

*not going to touch on rooks because they obviously need to improve everything.
          **good health is implied w all players.

Comment

Lowry: Stay Healthy and do what you did last season

Demar: Handles

T-Ross: Try and get another 50+ point game (but really just becoming a more consistent player)

JV: Shot Blocking/Rim Protection

Amir: Tape those ankles up heavily before every game, wear Hi tops, do what ever u got to do to keep those fragile ankles safe

Patman: He has the pick and pop game down now he needs to develop a better pick and roll game and obviously needs to hold Gotham City down

Lou: Try and get back to your pre-injury days and create a rap single with Drake

Gravy: Don't get too shot happy, try and run a good 2nd unit offence because you have weapons now

Psycho T: Give a proper interview

James Johnson: Everytime we play the Nets (F*** Brooklyn) make Iso-Joe (whack ass nickname btw) cry

Fields: Become a better singer

Chuck: Enter the Dunk Contest and show these young bloods how it's done

The Brazillians: Try and contribute Quincy Acy style
            #BringBackUzoh

Comment

feet85 wrote: View Post

Fields: Become a better singer
              ^This
              And start looking for a job in hollywood and let players who actually have a bright future, have his minutes

Comment

Lowry: play like a contract year, every year; stay healthy
                DeRozan: improve on defensive end; decrease ISO & improve shot selection with time on shot clock
                Ross: play to your potential consistently
                Amir: keep doing what you do
                JV: defense, rebounding, defense, rebounding, defense, rebounding.....oh, and midrange jumper

Vasquez: play more controlled, improve defense
                Williams: return to 6th man of year contention form, have a bag ready around trade deadline
                Johnson: say what you mean and mean what you say i.e. truly accept your role
                Patterson: play like a contract year post Gay trade....again
                Hayes: keep working on that one foot runner, have a bag ready around trade deadline

Buycks: or whoever this is, keep the bench really warm and friendly
                Fields: keep being the stellar teammate you are, have a bag packed around trade deadline, get healthy, I love your wife
                Bruno: tear up the D-League, get stronger, learn english
                Hansbrough: stay psycho, my friend; have a bag ready around trade deadline
                Bebe: get stronger but stay mobile

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  DeRozan: improve on defensive end; decrease ISO & improve shot selection with time on shot clock
                  JV: defense, rebounding, defense, rebounding, defense, rebounding.....oh, and midrange jumper

Williams: return to 6th man of year contention form, have a bag ready around trade deadline
                  Hayes: keep working on that one foot runner, have a bag ready around trade deadline

Fields: keep being the stellar teammate you are, have a bag packed around trade deadline, get healthy, I love your wife
                  yeah this is a good one. consistency. definitely his most glaring deficiency.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I want every player on the team to take a look at their Nylon Calculus shot charts:

Then they can either eliminate their worst shooting locations from their game, or put the requisite time in to improve their percentages from their.

Corollary of that is to learn the shot chart for their team mates. Maybe they already know, and that is why DeMar refuses to pass to JV when he is on the left base-line jumper position.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                      I want every player on the team to take a look at their Nylon Calculus shot charts:

Then they can either eliminate their worst shooting locations from their game, or put the requisite time in to improve their percentages from their.

Corollary of that is to learn the shot chart for their team mates. Maybe they already know, and that is why DeMar refuses to pass to JV when he is on the left base-line jumper position.
                      Easier said than done. Players know where their hot spots are, and other teams gameplan to take players off these spots. You can't always get the shot you want.

Comment

Key improvements have to come from JV and Ross for this team to take that next step. For everyone else I pretty much hope they have the same season they had last year. If they improve in any way it's a bonus.

Comment

IROR wrote: View Post
                          Easier said than done. Players know where their hot spots are, and other teams gameplan to take players off these spots. You can't always get the shot you want.
                          So just learn to shoot from everywhere lol become Kobe basically
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

^^^^^^This

With the addition that Casey needs to double down on his Strengths. Start by delegating the Offensive system to Jesse Mermuys. Then implement the most comprehensive defensive system he can dream up.

Oh and DeRozan should dump the 3 ball from his repitoire. Nobody takes it seriously unless he's heaving a prayer late in the clock. Why bother get to league average on this when he can keep getting further elite at midrange and long two game?

****I can hear the eyes rolling, just hear me out.
                            Defences are willing to give up the mid-long range 2 more and more because its low percentage. Every club has access to basic metrics that chasing people off the 3 point line and protecting the paint forces teams into low yield shots. Demar fucking excels at them. So if that's what they give up late in games, and its his go to, and he's been working on it we get a couple outcomes. 1.) He hits a couple and now that's a threat oppositions take seriously, meaning there is space opening up somewhere else on the floor. 2.) He misses a couple times so he and Casey finally decide Lowry is our closer and we draw up some options so he's not stuck fighting thru the trees to put up contested layups.

Not bad right?
                            Last edited by Raptor Jesus; Fri Jul 18, 2014, 10:03 PM.

Comment

IROR wrote: View Post
                              That's the job of the coach...run plays with options that allow players to go through a couple of screens on the way to their spots. Again, easier said than done, but that's why coaches get millions a year and I make suggestions for free.

Comment

JV - mid range jumper, work on mobility and help D, continue playing like he did in the playoffs. Be aggressive!
                                Ross- get stronger, work on handles and pull ups. Ross has the ability to be the best player on this team
                                DeMar - Handles, keep doing what he's doing, he's shown growth in every year
                                Kyle - Don't change a thing, play like you did last year
                                Amir - continue working on your post game, I hope you have a healthy year
                                Vasquez - improve all around game, he's a great back up PG, just keep getting better
                                Patterson - post moves, and continue what you started last year
                                Lou Will- regain your pre injury form, trust your knees... you are our Jamal Crawford
                                JJ- continue playing awesome D, play within the offence, work on your range
                                Fields - I really hope he can find his shot. It's too bad he suffered the injury he did, very smart player!
                                Bruno- Strength training, learn English, and improve your game all around. We have high hopes!
                                Bebe- same as Bruno

Comment

Working...
                                X