No announcement yet.

Hassan Whiteside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I caught my first glimpse of Raptors summer league .... the second half of last night's game. I may never watch summer league again!

I realize that it is unfair to judge anyone from that horrid team display (and no, RR, it has nothing to do with the (small) size of the sample. It is about its non-randomness) but his play was atrocious in the second half and his attitude was even worse.

Unless he showed something remarkable in the other games to indicate that last night was a weird aberration, I would not want Whiteside anywhere this team in the future.

Comment

He doesn't really finish well around the rim unless it's a dunk. He somewhat reminds me of Bynum; the way he moves, except his skills are nowhere near Bynum's.

If he was younger with a better attitude, I'd take him. However, he's 25 with limited NBA skill except for size & strength and a thug like mentality (w/ a low BBIQ).
      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

how much does the 15th man and 8th big on our team need to move the needle?
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          Enough to warrant taking up a roster spot and moving us closer to the tax line. It is, after all, a spot we could need. Maybe we need the extra spot to take an extra body back in a trade. Maybe we want to sign a veteran later in the year to help with a playoff run and don't want the fact that we signed Hassan Whiteside to sit on our bench pushing us into tax territory.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
            At the very least he can clog the lane a bit like Aaron Gray did so big's like Demarcus Cousins won't abuse us that much. An athletic big like Jonas and an undersized big Chuck Hayes are rendered useless when defending a real big centre thus there is a need for that.
            That's what I figured as well. He's probably slightly worse offensive player than Gray but a better rebounder. Entirely situational and would come cheap.

Comment

I would rather resign Buycks or #Bring Back Uzoh
              #BringBackUzoh

Comment

I prefer we go into camp with 14 players and fill the 15th spot with an unguaranteed or 10-day D-league players, when we have need of an injury replacement. You need to have some roster flexibility at the start of november.

As for best free-agents available at a league minimum contract, Okafor is the only one that comes immediately to mind. But, I'd also want Sim Bhullar to be our unofficial team mascot, but I don't think we sign him.
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Bebe should have that spot. Dude is mobile and knows how to play. did you see that bounce pass he made to whatshisface? He has a high IQ and he's energetic. Plus he blocks shots and has a decent FT line jumper, pretty sure he's guaranteed a spot on the roster this season.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    Bebe should have that spot. Dude is mobile and knows how to play. did you see that bounce pass he made to whatshisface? He has a high IQ and he's energetic. Plus he blocks shots and has a decent FT line jumper, pretty sure he's guaranteed a spot on the roster this season.
                    Like BeBe but High BBall IQ not so much. He has shot passes of the backboard and sent passes to no one. He looks good but he's going to make JaVale McGee plays too. He might be our best passing big. People say he plays like Tyson Chandler but he reminds me of a very raw Noah. Terrible defensive rebounder

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      Like BeBe but High BBall IQ not so much. He has shot passes of the backboard and sent passes to no one. He looks good but he's going to make JaVale McGee plays too. He might be our best passing big. People say he plays like Tyson Chandler but he reminds me of a very raw Noah. Terrible defensive rebounder
                      He's definitely a project but he's mobile and is willing to learn. I think he can turn into a good player for us

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                        I prefer we go into camp with 14 players and fill the 15th spot with an unguaranteed or 10-day D-league players, when we have need of an injury replacement. You need to have some roster flexibility at the start of november.

As for best free-agents available at a league minimum contract, Okafor is the only one that comes immediately to mind. But, I'd also want Sim Bhullar to be our unofficial team mascot, but I don't think we sign him.
                        I'm pretty sure Sim Bhullar signed with the Kings

Comment

Looked like he could have killed a guy on the court last night haha. He's a guy with mediocre skills, and Garnett anger issues.
                          A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            Having a cheap insurance couldn't hurt especially when its a young big 7ft who will play for a minimum and can rebound the ball fairly well.

Comment

Whiteside had a great summer league?

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                                I'm pretty sure Sim Bhullar signed with the Kings
                                I knew it! That owner wanted to make a splash in India, but I thought he was smart enough to only have NBA players on his roster. Damn it, I lost the bet with myself.
                                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                                X