Hassan Whiteside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    On the bold, that works for my argument too. Very few Cs can do what McGee can in terms of the constant mistakes and stupidity.

Drummond is not nearly as bad as McGee in that respect.
    McGee makes boneheaded plays, Drummond fouls out. Demarcus used to get technical that cost games. At least McGee is funny. McGee just didn't work hard, he could have been great. Healthy, he was still better than 75-80% of starting Centers. Perkins, Stiemsa, more that I can't think of are worse..

Comment

Yeah...I still think maybe it woulda been best to just leave the last roster spot open.
      Maybe. Open roster spot is getting about the same minutes. He's just stealing Bebes garbage time minutes.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        McGee makes boneheaded plays, Drummond fouls out. Demarcus used to get technical that cost games. At least McGee is funny. McGee just didn't work hard, he could have been great. Healthy, he was still better than 75-80% of starting Centers. Perkins, Stiemsa, more that I can't think of are worse..
        So what you're saying is he's a joke that doesn't work hard? That was pretty obvious from very early in his career.

And the guys you compare him to are not starting Cs, and even Perkins in his prime was at best an average starter (who I think most people would prefer to what McGee has shown...at least you knew what to expect, and maybe more importantly, what not to expect from Perk).

Comment

• i watched every summer league game. We gave him a shot and he shit the bed...end of story. If anything SL favors bigs because of all the bad shots they can board on both ends, the garbage points a plenty and shot blocking.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Good god.... OP posted so many horrible trade ideas in the trade forum, and yet he could see the talent in Whiteside....

I think we've found Bryan Colangelo.

Comment

So what you're saying is he's a joke that doesn't work hard? That was pretty obvious from very early in his career.

And the guys you compare him to are not starting Cs, and even Perkins in his prime was at best an average starter (who I think most people would prefer to what McGee has shown...at least you knew what to expect, and maybe more importantly, what not to expect from Perk).
              McGee averaged a 20 PER for 4 years before breaking his leg. Perkins never broke 10 in the same time period and actually managed a negative PER in the playoffs and he was a starting Center.

Comment

McGee averaged a 20 PER for 4 years before breaking his leg. Perkins never broke 10 in the same time period and actually managed a negative PER in the playoffs and he was a starting Center.
                no he didnt.

Comment

• Bruh what are you guys talking about on this thread!!! Hassan Whiteside is a BEAST!!! Masai made a HUGGGEEEE Mistake not taking over stiems and hamilton. Just to prove my point, today he got a trip dub with 14 points 13 rebounds and 12 BLOCKS. The blocks is a franchise record for MIA. If we had him from the beginning we might have a much better record than we do now.

Comment

no he didnt.
                    17.0,17.4,19.9,20.7 with 2 partial 60 and two full 80 I'm on a phone, hard to check charts

Comment

• WhatRhymesWithCash wrote: View Post
                      Bruh what are you guys talking about on this thread!!! Hassan Whiteside is a BEAST!!! Masai made a HUGGGEEEE Mistake not taking over stiems and hamilton. Just to prove my point, today he got a trip dub with 14 points 13 rebounds and 12 BLOCKS. The blocks is a franchise record for MIA. If we had him from the beginning we might have a much better record than we do now.
                      If we had him from the beginning he wouldn't have played. Look how much Steimsma has played, Whiteside would've been end of the bench if he was with us. He only played for the Heat initially due to injury. NBA is all about opportunities and Whiteside wouldn't have had it with us.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        Let's get this guy. Right now.
                        I think its safe to say the Heat aren't letting Hassan go anytime soon.

Comment

17.0,17.4,19.9,20.7 with 2 partial 60 and two full 80 I'm on a phone, hard to check charts
                          17 and 20 are not the same thing. Saying they are doesn't make it so.

Comment

17 and 20 are not the same thing. Saying they are doesn't make it so.
                            Average it out. Sorry. It's still pretty good.

Comment

Average it out. Sorry. It's still pretty good.
                              It also tells you that PER does not come close to telling the whole story. Do you watch JaVale play? Have you noticed how rarely he has a positive impact on his team's chances to win? How his team is often worse with him on the floor, regardless of whether he's putting up numbers or not?

I'm done with this argument dude. You're the only person I've ever seen defend this guy's contract.

*And averaging it out still isn't 20...

Comment

It also tells you that PER does not come close to telling the whole story. Do you watch JaVale play? Have you noticed how rarely he has a positive impact on his team's chances to win? How his team is often worse with him on the floor, regardless of whether he's putting up numbers or not?

I'm done with this argument dude. You're the only person I've ever seen defend this guy's contract.

*And averaging it out still isn't 20...
                                Most people defend it I'll post links. It was an injury. Josh Smith and Fields is a bad contract McGee was bad luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X