No announcement yet.

Knicks>Raptors? Ryan Ruocco thinks so!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would watch a couple of their games though.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Running the triangle offense is great. Defending an opponent's offense is a different story.

There's a better chance of Stephen Hawkins do a salsa tomorrow than to see Bargnani or Stoudamire rotate on defence. Hell the only rotation Bargnani will be doing is seeing Valancuinas run circles around him!
      Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

Lemme try to play Devil's Advocate here

Calderon > Lowry (started over him like 4 years ago)
        THJ > Tross (Look at how Ross played in playoffs, what a joke)
        Melo > DD (obvious)
        Bargnani > Amir (come on! I'd way rather have Bargs taking summer 3s than Amir)
        Dalembert > JV (Dalembert brings that vet presence that JV doesn't have yet)

Comment

I said it all of last season and I'm saying it this season. The Raptors were as good as they were last season because of their defense which was top notch after the trade of Rudy Gay up until the All Star break, but started to drop off after the break. Their offense wasn't anything special.

If they can play the type of D they did before the break then we have a great shot at a top 4 seed again this year, but if they start to play like it's their scoring that brought all that success then it's going to be a step backward type of season.

I'm praying that the bit of success they've had has not gotten to their heads and they come back focused on D, which was their strength last season.

Comment

No team with Bargnani in their rotation is a threat to do anything.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

really good video on the ins and outs of the triangle. thanks for posting.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

you guys act like bargs is actually going to play though
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

It's hard to get a read on just where the Knicks will be next season. New management, new coach, new offense, roster changes, etc.

Comment

Guys, who cares.
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Just because someone says it doesn't mean you have to listen.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Great find. The triangle always sounds great in theory, because of its success, but it takes a very intelligent, willing and committed lineup to execute it well. Melo is a great cornerstone for the triangle in theory but it requires him to pass the ball...a lot, something he has potential to do well, but is reluctant to do. I just don't see Bargs working in the triangle. He likes to float on the outside and is an absolute ball stopper if he catches anywhere in the post (won't happen often as he'll play the 4, not 5). He doesn't have the quickness/handles/finishing ability to catch the ball on cuts, and will instead opt for long jumpers. Not ideal. Amare? He's a wildcard. Could be exactly the offence he needs, or could destroy his post game.

Will be fun to watch though.
                        There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

NYK didn't have troubles scoring. Unless there's a triangle defence Knicks will suck

Comment

Who's going to be running the top of the triangle. Normally you need a really good passer at the top. Gasol ran it really well. I don't think Bargnani is good enough to make the offense work well. In addition to that, they defense is shit. So they better hope to out score people.

Comment

you really don't need that great of a PG to run the triangle, hence derek fisher being a starter for so long. being able to hit open shots to keep teams from collapsing on the "inside" players is more important.

hence, calderon. i've long said he'd be perfect in a triangle offense.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

like, the knicks roster last year was hilarious as is but they also had Woodson coaching them who's even more inept running offensive plays than *coughdwaynecaseycough* so it is what it is. i don't like melo and i really don't think he's a franchise, winning player, but he is a very good player. and yeah he takes a LOT of shots but lately it's been out of necessity. who else was he going to pass to? raymond felton? shumpert? the only other "scorer" they had was JR and he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. i'm using the term effective very, very loosely.

now melo's got guys around him that can make shots. calderon, ellington, bargs (no but seriously) and early. their bigs suck, no question, but at the very least there's some options. not great options, but options nonetheless. add in a system that caters to melo's strengths as well as a handful of the players and i think you'll see a better team.

if they can somehow trade shump and stat for something ANYTHING useful they'll only be better. i'm guessing they'll semi tank this year, sit on amare's contract and use the capspace next year. be a much better team.

i mean hate on melo all you want, i do, but the fact is when he was with the nugs they were a couple botched inbounds plays away from being in the finals, and that was in the western conference.

don't sleep on the knicks now that phil's got some semblance of organization going on.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X