Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the Best Future in the Eastern Conference and who has the Worst?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the Best Future in the Eastern Conference and who has the Worst?

Based on a combination of Cap flexibility, Internal Growth, Draft Picks, Likeliness to attract Free Agents and Current Roster who would you say has the best and worst future in the East? In my opinion it's:

Worst: Brooklyn Nets

Best: Washington Wizards

I would definitely put Toronto in the Top 3 for Best Futures.
    #BringBackUzoh

Worst: Brooklyn, no question

Best: Cleveland (assuming LeBron signs resigns in two years)
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

call me crazy but

Worst: Miami (Bosh is not a franchise player, Wade is on decline, Deng is a short term contract) I just see the Heat having an absolute bust of a season, and being forced to blow it up cause none is gonna want to step into Lebron's shoes.

Best: Obviously Cleveland- best player in the game today with either A. the projected best player in the game in the future (wiggins) or B. the best PF/top 5 players in the game today thats only 25 in KLove + a young core just entering their prime (Kyrie, Thompson, Bennett, Waiters)

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
        call me crazy but

Worst: Miami (Bosh is not a franchise player, Wade is on decline, Deng is a short term contract) I just see the Heat having an absolute bust of a season, and being forced to blow it up cause none is gonna want to step into Lebron's shoes.

Best: Obviously Cleveland- best player in the game today with either A. the projected best player in the game in the future (wiggins) or B. the best PF/top 5 players in the game today thats only 25 in KLove + a young core just entering their prime (Kyrie, Thompson, Bennett, Waiters)
        But they have draft picks.. BKN doesn't

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Worst: Brooklyn to the power of 9000!!!

Best: Depends on how you view the future. If it's something more present, you have to say Cleveland and I don't need to explain. But I'll make the case for the Raptors. Obviously the team's one reason. Depth, cap space, easy conference+easiest division ever, Drake and the emergence of Toronto as a viable destination and you have yourself a bright future.
          Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

Worst: Tough to guess. The 2016 free agency will mean so much. The new TV deal, Brooklyn and Miami will have a ton of cap space, both are very attractive locations. They could end up with empty hands, or they could reload.

It could be one of them, but I'll say Atlanta. Al Horford is injured, Millsap has just 1 year left. Millsap will definitely be targeted by other teams next summer. Also, neither of them is very young. If Millsap leaves, I don't know what they do. If Millsap stays, their future doesn't seem very bright either.

Best: Cleveland. As long as they stop being their own enemy. It's silly to offer Wiggins when (A) the next best offer is an aging David Lee + a scrub (Harrison Barnes), and (B) they can sign Love next summer. They should hold firm. If they keep Wiggins, they'll either get Love in a trade anyway because Minnesota runs out of options, or they sign Love next summer, or they sign some other very good free agent next summer.

If they trade Wiggins for Love, I'd still put them at the top of this list. But in that case some team could catch up. Kyrie isn't the healthiest player, LeBron could start declining, a lot of teams will have cap space and can add good players. I could see some team getting ahead of Cleveland.

Comment

I can't say Brooklyn has the worst future as long as they have thier billionaire owner. They will just lay low for a seson or two and accumulate assets then go back to making a big splash and their spending ways and into the tax. I still think a team like Millwuakee will continue to be really bad despite landing Parker. They never seem to have a clear plan on how to get better and aren't a desirable destination for free agents.

Brightest immediate future I think belongs to Chicago.The instability at the top of the East has left the door wide open for them to step in and claim the #1 seed this season and if Rose comes back remotely healthy that team is a serious contender.

Comment

I HATE how Washington stole our shine as the young up and coming team that'll be a big threat in a couple years. We were that for the majority of the season but then they stole it when they got to the second round and we didn't.

Comment

worst: ATL, probably. no one wants to go there. zero fan base. good enough to not get a blue chipper through the lottery but not good enough to ever really do anything.

runner up: bucs. another team no one wants to play for. their office is a complete mess, too. i LOVE Po and think he's going to be a better version of shawn marion but he's going to be in a sad situation for a long time. reminds me of KG in minnesota.

best: Cavs, potentially. yeah yeah they have lebron but they also have a TON of good, young talent. question is will they develop it? if they trade for Love this goes out the window since me putting them here hinges big time on wiggins.

runner up: Raps. i really like our young guys and we've got 2 first rounders in 2016, the same year durant becomes a free agent plus we've got the best president and GM in the business. i trust them completely to put is in position to succeed and be contenders in the next couple years.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The Raps are in a group of young teams that have a chance of doing something special in the future. There are so many factors that can increase or decrease chances over the seasons, that none of us knows whose got the BEST future.

That said, I'll say the Raps, because they have the BEST fans!!

Comment

Worst: take your pick. Atlanta (@ceez), Milwaukee (front office ineptitude), Brooklyn. I'll go with the Hawks because they have no cornerstones in place, just kind of in a holding pattern with horford, Teague and millsap. Brooklyn will find ways to compete, so long as that ownership sticks around, Milwaukee has the ROY in Jabari.

Best: Philly. not in the next few years, but I have been impressed at the amount of assets they have been able to accumulate since the Iguodala deal. A core of MCW, Noël and Embiid has mind blowing defensive potential. And they will be adding at least one more blue chipper in 2015 draft. They also have the best cap situation in the league for the foreseeable future (til MCW re ups in 3 years). They are the new OKC East IMO.

*Obviously CLE has the best immediate future with or without wiggins. But as long as you have LeBron the team will remain a house of cards, albeit a very luxurious one.
                      Last edited by IROR; Fri Jul 18, 2014, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Worst: Sixers ... going to be so bad again this year ... 2 high picks this year will not even play. Maybe Saric never comes over ... Noel and Embiid with injury problems ... not chance of any FA choosing Philly for a long, long time.

Best: Raptors will have max cap space next year, all 1st rounders in tact plus more, adding to a top 3 finish with a young core mostly under 25.
                        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Hard for me to define future.. if future is 3 years from now then I'd say the worst is probably Miami. Don't like the max contract on Bosh at his age.. before Lebron they were never a free agent destination and won't really be getting good draft picks either.

The best will probably be Cleveland. Have to pick the team that has the best player on the planet playing for them. Hate the Irving contract but he could easily be dealt in a trade despite his contract.

Comment

Best Outlook: Cleveland, best player in the league, Kyrie on the verge on being in his prime, other young assets. If they don't trade Wiggins they'll have an opportunity to go on a Spursian run. And have close to two decades of 50+ win seasons. (Cap space could ruin things though).

Best Outlook (runner up): Philly. How anyone can say they have the worst outlook is crazy to me. They have tons of young assets. Yes it'll take 4-6 years for those guys to reach their potential, but I think they've made a lot of smart moves. Building the right way (draft/young pieces) instead of settling for the treadmill they were on since 2000.

Worst Outlook: Brooklyn. No chance, no draft picks. The way the East has shaped up, I don't think they make the playoffs. (Sidenote: Owner's shouldn't made proclamtions...)
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                              Best Outlook: Cleveland, best player in the league, Kyrie on the verge on being in his prime, other young assets. If they don't trade Wiggins they'll have an opportunity to go on a Spursian run. And have close to two decades of 50+ win seasons. (Cap space could ruin things though).

Best Outlook (runner up): Philly. How anyone can say they have the worst outlook is crazy to me. They have tons of young assets. Yes it'll take 4-6 years for those guys to reach their potential, but I think they've made a lot of smart moves. Building the right way (draft/young pieces) instead of settling for the treadmill they were on since 2000.

Worst Outlook: Brooklyn. No chance, no draft picks. The way the East has shaped up, I don't think they make the playoffs. (Sidenote: Owner's shouldn't made proclamtions...)
                              I'd say they 76ers have been on the treadmill since about 04. Before that, AI had them killing the east.
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                              X