No announcement yet.

15th man- Backup Centre or 3rd PG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy I really liked for this team before we signed JJ back was Dante Cunningham. Solid defender at the 3/4 spot but would be redundant with Johnson filling that role.

I'd leave the roster spot open until after cuts. A good player that Masai has had his eye on could become available. At this point, we aren't going to find anyone who necessarily fills any need, so like Stone and Buycks last year, need to find a player worth trying out and see if it works out. 15th man and min salary, not much expectation.

With all of Cleveland's acquisitions, a guy I'd watch to become available is Delleadova. Solid pesky defender who can run the point occasionally.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• yeah I say bring Kabongo and Machado to camp and let them fight to the death for that 3pg spot
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• "The Kings have until Saturday to decide whether or not they will bring Quincy Acy back."

just sayin....

Comment

• man i'd bring acy back in a heartbeat. what a hard working dude. plus whenever he did get spot minutes he pretty much always produced.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Kinda late - but we aren't getting a backup center at this point. We're getting a 3rd stringer, aka, the 15th man on the bench.

So saying Hayes and Bebe aren't great is kind of irrelevant, whoever we'd get will be at least as bad.

A different discussion is: where is our area of need?

The obvious answer is backup center. So if we make any trades, I see that being the area addressed.

Although I think Masai is hoping Bebe/Hayes will do for now (when we aren't contending) and Bebe will eventually be that really solid backup when we ARE contending.
            Last edited by stooley; Tue Jul 22, 2014, 11:35 AM.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Why can't we get a backup C in Udoh

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                Why can't we get a backup C in Udoh
                Is Udoh better than Hayes, Bebe, Hansbrough?

I don't really see it.

He might get a couple minutes here and there, but he won't be the "back-up center", as in play 10-15 minutes every night. He'll be an end of the bench guy.
                "Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                  Why can't we get a backup C in Udoh
                  if the raptors are trying to get a backup C how much do u think emeka okafor would cost? we are 1.62 away from tax line so would vet`s min get him considering there no reports of competition for his services?

Comment

• pauljondy wrote: View Post
                    if the raptors are trying to get a backup C how much do u think emeka okafor would cost? we are 1.62 away from tax line so would vet`s min get him considering there no reports of competition for his services?
                    I don't know.... I don't see it's happening.

Maybe the raps have spoken with him and they couldn't agree on a price. If he's hanging around later and hasn't found a better contract AND the organization feels pretty good about his back, a deal could happen.

But I'm not counting on it.
                    "Bruno?
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• I still have gut feeling that Andray Blatche will sign with raptors,not a lot money is left and all the guys who aren't signed are looking for jobs.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                        I still have gut feeling that Andray Blatche will sign with raptors,not a lot money is left and all the guys who aren't signed are looking for jobs.
                        I wouldn't be surprised either. He's waiting out for more money than what we offered him but I highly doubt he gets it. Hopefully we've moved on from him though.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          I wouldn't be surprised either. He's waiting out for more money than what we offered him but I highly doubt he gets it. Hopefully we've moved on from him though.
                          You would hope Masai could find a better fit, but who knows. Maybe he will have the "Magic Masai Chat" with him. How many people would have said that Kyle is a "problem child" at the time he was hired? Not on the Blatche level but still. If James Johnson settles down, and a reformed Blatche comes on board, Masai will wind up with a regular gig on Dr. Phil's show.

Worse case scenario, Blatche could be trade bait if the Raptors don't find a use for him during the season, or if he doesn't fit with the team. Always someone else willing to take a chance on a guy. I'm not advocating getting him, but it seems like the GM and coaching staff aren't afraid to take on situations. And correct them as required.

Comment

• Supposedly Raptors are looking at this point guard Will Cherry to be their third stringer. He played well in summer league and in the d league last year. He seems to be able to pass the ball decently. Can't shoot that well but gets into the lane pretty easily. Anyway to me this means we are looking for a third string point guard over a center.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Don Cherry's kid.

Comment

• These are my thoughts: We need a better backup for the 5 spot. If JV gets injured, (like we saw in the 2012-2013 season), our team will suffer because Hayes really doesn't fit the Starting Centre, he's decent at rebounding, but not solid at scoring. Nogueira isn't really a backup centre, more like a backup, backup centre, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X