Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subtract Salmons, Novak, and DeColo. Add Lou Will and James Johnson...Are we really that much better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    His shot will have to have seriously improved though for Casey to trust him again. He's going to have to tear it up in preseason minutes, otherwise probably another season on the bench....which would also mean his only trade value is as salary filler for a team that would want an expiring contract.
    Agreed, and I really hope that he has rediscovered his rookie touch.

Anyone remember when he broke Tim Hardaway Jr's ankles? It was during the preseason, and I can recall feeling very happy and full of hope in regards to Fields redeveloping confidence in his ability to score.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-i2C62Mn_0

I would also really love to see Patterson come back with a stronger post-up repertoire. He used to fade away quite a bit, and it would be great if he added the ability to backdown players and finish with a more reliable hook shot off the glass.

As for Derozan, if he can continue to develop his 3 point shot and become a more responsible and reliable defender, that would be a tremendous +1.
    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
      Nando and Novak might be decent players in this league, but neither did a single thing for the Raptors, so I don't think losing those players matter in the slightest to this team. Salmons was who he was, didn't provide much on the court for us, but hopefully the yougins learned a thing or two about being a pro. If Lou Williams can regain form from a couple seasons ago, that's already an upgrade over those 3 put together. And call me crazy, but I really believe JJ will accept his role as a defensive stopper, and play within the system. I know Casey had talked to him a few times before they signed him, so he knows he's on a short leash.

With that being said, I believe it's going to be much tougher this season in the East, as it appears to be much more balanced.
      I don't see why we can't top last seasons franchise record win total, if everything goes according to plan.

So to answer the question of "are we really that much better?", I would say yes. Continuity in the game plans, the coaching staff, the front office, and the players will be very beneficial. I don't expect more than 50 wins, tops, but I think the playoff experience from last season will prove valuable come April, and I plan on watching them in second round.
      In agreement. They key pieces are back and defensively we are better. I wish we could dump Chuck Hayes.

Comment

rapba wrote: View Post
        Gotta find a way to unload Landry Fields. The guy will make 8.5 million this year.
        There won't be any takers. Another BC misstep.

Comment

rapba wrote: View Post
          Gotta find a way to unload Landry Fields. The guy will make 8.5 million this year.
          Why are you concerned with what he will make?

The number fans should be concerned with is his cap number. That's 6.25M. And the best way to unload Fields is to wait for next summer. Poof! Gone.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Why are you concerned with what he will make?

The number fans should be concerned with is his cap number. That's 6.25M. And the best way to unload Fields is to wait for next summer. Poof! Gone.
            Would be nice to get some value out of Fields. How could BC pay a ridiculous contract to a guy who shot 40% at the line?

Comment

IMO we are better JJ, Bruno, Bebe and Lou >>>>>>> Salmons, Stone, De Yolo and Novak
              #BringBackUzoh

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Would be nice to get some value out of Fields. How could BC pay a ridiculous contract to a guy who shot 40% at the line?
                What are you talking about? 40% at what line?
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  What are you talking about? 40% at what line?
                  Free throw. He was damaged in his sophomore seasoin

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    In agreement. They key pieces are back and defensively we are better. I wish we could dump Chuck Hayes.
                    Why is everybody so obsessed with dumping Hayes? He's expiring. Sure, it would be great for a roster spot for somebody else, but he's a clear-cut professional, and does his job well when he's in the game.

Defends, and rebounds. Doens't do anything else, but he's an absolute rock, and he holds his own, even while giving up height to bigger Cs.

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    BC never planned on acquiring Fields, it was a move to block NY from acquiring Nash. We got the shit end of that stick when we got Fields, and didn't get Nash.

However, in hindsight, that seems to be the better choice, since Nash is just as useless as Fields, and would've vost more.

Comment

Crazy to think that BC offered a 38 year old Steve Nash $36M over 3 years, and even went to the extent of acquiring Landry Fields for $21M..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post
                        Why is everybody so obsessed with dumping Hayes? He's expiring. Sure, it would be great for a roster spot for somebody else, but he's a clear-cut professional, and does his job well when he's in the game.

Defends, and rebounds. Doens't do anything else, but he's an absolute rock, and he holds his own, even while giving up height to bigger Cs.

BC never planned on acquiring Fields, it was a move to block NY from acquiring Nash. We got the shit end of that stick when we got Fields, and didn't get Nash.

However, in hindsight, that seems to be the better choice, since Nash is just as useless as Fields, and would've vost more.
                        Ironically that whole series of events worked out beautifully for us because we ended up with Kyle Lowry (who was our plan B after Nash) and we now have him re-signed plus Fields is expiring off the books giving us 6M to play with at the deadline or next season. Funny how things work out..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

better team on paper? yes. but who knows what bizarre lineups casey will conjure up. good players coming to toronto just end up sucking due to misuse, mismanagement of minutes, or too much of casey thinking so and so is our guy.

i think we'll have a winning record but won't match 48 from last season.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            better team on paper? yes. but who knows what bizarre lineups casey will conjure up. good players coming to toronto just end up sucking due to misuse, mismanagement of minutes, or too much of casey thinking so and so is our guy.

i think we'll have a winning record but won't match 48 from last season.
                            really, though? is there a history of that with Casey?

Everyone had career years last year.
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Louis Williams > De Colo @ bench combo guard
                              James Johnson > Salmons @ bench combo guard

JV 14/15 > JV 13/14
                              DD 14/15 > DD 13/14
                              TRoss 14/15 > TRoss 13/14

-Continuity and experience says we got a lot better when we brought back Lowry, 2Pat and G.
                              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                                Crazy to think that BC offered a 38 year old Steve Nash $36M over 3 years, and even went to the extent of acquiring Landry Fields for $21M..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                                That's why he has yet to get another GM gig.

Comment

Working...
                                X