Everything James Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything James Johnson

This guy's defence is going to be fun to watch. He already understands Casey's system so he'll contribute right away on the defensive end and the offensive end. He shows many improvements during the Grizzlies season where he learned to move without the ball. Going to provide a spark off the bench.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8fV4NtLI0I

He plays alot around the rim and is a pretty good finisher around the rim. In a way he's kinda of like Landry except for the high IQ and a better jumpshot.

http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart...de=performance

I think overall he's going to add more toughness to the team just like how Psycho did at the beginning of the season. Also adds some playoff experience not doing to bad with the Grizzlies playoffs averaging about 6.3 Points and 2 Rebounds in 9 Minutes.
    Last edited by chch166; Thu Jul 24, 2014, 08:56 PM. Reason: Power out yesterday
    Nevermind what haters say,
    ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Great post OP, really showed me a new perspective to the guy.

Comment

his windmill is horrible
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

his windmill is horrible
        Looks pretty damn good for a 6'9 guy haha

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
          Looks pretty damn good for a 6'9 guy haha

And about 250 lbs. Took him a couple of steps to get going lol.

Comment

I Just like that he'll challenge T Ross every day at practices. Keep him on his hell. Ross seems to have a problem with keeping his motor up. With JJ ready to come in at any time he better keep it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

People here seem to remember a different JJ than I do. The James Johnson I remember always cheated on defense and had to get reigned in a ton.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                People here seem to remember a different JJ than I do. The James Johnson I remember always cheated on defense and had to get reigned in a ton.
                i didn't watch too many Grizzlies games. Was he the same?
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  He does cheat a lot

However, he is so good at recovering from his cheats, he is still a really good defender

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    He does cheat a lot

However, he is so good at recovering from his cheats, he is still a really good defender
                    Agreed!
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

James Johnson is the best shot blocking wing in the NBA
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Masai got him for his wingspan. If you got long arms chances Masai will like you, he is a madman I tell ya!

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          I Just like that he'll challenge T Ross every day at practices. Keep him on his hell. Ross seems to have a problem with keeping his motor up. With JJ ready to come in at any time he better keep it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          This will be a huge factor of having James Johnson here, Ross won't be able to just blend in and still get minutes. Also, the fact that Bruno has shown that he can hit the NBA 3 will also help to push Ross as well, Bruno might not get much burn this year, but he will be looking for minutes in the near future.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Bruno?

Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.

He's terrible.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              Bruno?

He's terrible.
                              I'm putting you in my signature
                              Last edited by stooley; Wed Jul 23, 2014, 08:37 AM.
                              "Bruno?
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X