Everything James Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    The bench has enough scoring, they need JJ in the second unit for defense.
    Never enough scoring, as long as the D doesn't suffer. JJ is pretty fast up the floor. I can see the second unit out scoring 70% of of the second units in the league, and holding their own against a lot of first units, if one of the bigs rotates in a little early.

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
      do you honestly feel that way dude? You think it's smart and good game management to put your extremely raw "2 years away from being two years away" rookie on the reigning MVP?

I don't think i need to spell out why that's a bad idea, regardless of their similar body composition, but I'll leave you with this: VETS WIN GAMES! :P
      That's just it, the only reason I feel like he would play against someone like KD is because of his body composition. He'll play garbage minutes, and or match-ups, against guys like KD, Antetokuomnpo, or of similar body type. I feel a lot better having Bruno defend KD anyways, rather than Amir. Goodness.

Bruno has the lateral quicks, the length, and the raw athleticism to move with those sort of guys. I doubt he actually does play against KD, just saying IF anything, IF he were to get some minutes, it'd be match-ups. Match-ups, match-ups, match-ups.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Watch James Johnson vs OKC in Sports | View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

22 min. 11 pts (4-8, 1-2 from three), 1 rebound, 3 assists, 2 steals. +/- of +8

Watch James Johnson vs Bucks in Sports | View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

28 min. 15 pts (7-13, 1-3 from three), 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, 6 blocks. +/- of +7

Watch James Johnson vs Suns in Sports | View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

22 min. 6 pts (3-7, 0-2 from three), 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 2 blocks, +/- of +19

Watch James Johnson vs Rockets in Sports | View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

25 min. 10 pts (5-9, 0-1 from three), 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks, +/- of +2

Watch James Johnson vs Dallas in Sports | View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

25 min. 17 pts (6-11, 2-4 from three), 1 rebound, 1 assist, 4 blocks, +/- of -12

Watch James Johnson vs POR in Sports | View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

12 min. 8 pts (3-5, 1-3 from three), 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, +/- of +9
        Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed Jul 30, 2014, 01:24 AM.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Thank you!!!
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

He's so good at recovering defensively, and has some solid help instincts. On-ball defence is good, has bad habits, but for the most part, like what the Raptors already know, excels defensively. Also, interesting thing they kept saying during the video, is that he was the league leader in rejecting 3-point attempts.

Comment

JJ is also really good at slashing/getting to the basket from watching these videos. Even though most of his defenders play off of him daring him to take the three or the jumpshot he is still able to maneuver his way to the basket whenever he wants. It's mainly because he has a really good first step and has good ball handling skills. This is what Derozan doesn't have and is a big reason why he takes a lot of long 2's. If his man is playing off of him like they do to JJ he isn't able to get to the basket.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                JJ is also really good at slashing/getting to the basket from watching these videos. Even though most of his defenders play off of him daring him to take the three or the jumpshot he is still able to maneuver his way to the basket whenever he wants. It's mainly because he has a really good first step and has good ball handling skills. This is what Derozan doesn't have and is a big reason why he takes a lot of long 2's. If his man is playing off of him like they do to JJ he isn't able to get to the basket.
                In contrast to the shot creation between JJ and DeRozan, JJ is absolutely awful at moving without the ball, DeRozan, is one of the league's best - where he does most of his scoring.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                  In contrast to the shot creation between JJ and DeRozan, JJ is absolutely awful at moving without the ball, DeRozan, is one of the league's best - where he does most of his scoring.
                  DD is definitely better at moving without the ball and he is the better player but I wouldn't say JJ is horrible. There were some plays where he moved without the ball and made a play or they tried to pass it to him but ended up turning it over.

Comment

But maybe stats say something else. I don't know

Comment

But maybe stats say something else. I don't know
                      Fair enough, I guess statistics will only back-up the statements. But, from watching a few Memphis games, he tends to wait for the ball to come to him. Also, he tends to clog spacing when passing it out to the perimeter, because he doesn't know what to do afterwards.

However, there is a difference in being known as a guy who can move without the ball, compared to doing it once in awhile.

Comment

Fair enough, I guess statistics will only back-up the statements. But, from watching a few Memphis games, he tends to wait for the ball to come to him. Also, he tends to clog spacing when passing it out to the perimeter, because he doesn't know what to do afterwards.

However, there is a difference in being known as a guy who can move without the ball, compared to doing it once in awhile.
                        Let me offer another reasoning why JJ may not be too inclined to move without the ball....that there were no plays or screens run for him where he was a forethought option on offense. DD on the other hand is mostly the major if not first on many plays. and of course we are unaware of his coaches instructions re his offense...could it be he was used as a decoy for spacing or be first back on D? I maybe reaching with that one but we dont really know.

Comment

Thank you!!!
                          I'm re-uploading them on Veoh so hopefully quality is better.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            I'm re-uploading them on Veoh so hopefully quality is better.
                            When you do let me know

Comment

When you do let me know
                              Reuploaded. Edited it in my original post. Hopefully Veoh works better.

Comment

Disappearance of James Johnson article.

http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/2014/03/...james-johnson/

Comment

Working...
                                X