Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto-New York-Portland

Toronto out: Terrence Ross, Landry Fields, Amir Johnson
    Toronto in: JR Smith, Thomas Robinson, Meyers Leonard, Portland's 2015 1st round pick, 2nd round pick

New York out: JR Smith, Iman Shumpert
    New York in: Landry Fields, Dorrel Wright

Portland out: Meyers Leonard, Thomas Robinson
    Portland in: Amir Johnson, T-Ross, Iman Shumpert

Lineups
    Lowry/GV/3rd PG
    JR/Lou Will
    DeRozan/JJ/Bruno
    2Pat/T-Rob/Hansborough
    Val/Leonard/Hayes/Bebe

Why Raptors: We acquire a decent PF project in T-Rob who I think will have a better career than Amir Johnson and he's young, could be our starting PF. JR will bring some highlights for the Raptors and move DeRozan at the 3 spot. Meyers Leonard is a decent backup C behind Val while we also acquire Trailblazers' picks next year in exchange for Ross and Amir. We also shed Fields contract

Your posts are like a car accident. I don't really want to see, but curiosity gets the best of me. Portland comes away with easily the best haul in this deal. Their pick isn't worth enough to offset them not giving up much in this deal
    Ball Don't Lie

Comment

And the knicks get fleeced in this deal.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
        And the knicks get fleeced in this deal.
        Wow, trade is bad if you manage to find less value going out then what the Knicks have on the roster.

Comment

The Blazers get under the salary cap with Fields expiring contract and perhaps he can offer them some defensive presence. Or they can try to flip him at/before the deadline for an SG/SF. Supposedly, he has a high basketball IQ. The Raptors get a chemistry guy who is a solid, yet offensively-challenged, defensive back-up center.

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
            The Blazers get under the salary cap with Fields expiring contract and perhaps he can offer them some defensive presence. Or they can try to flip him at/before the deadline for an SG/SF. Supposedly, he has a high basketball IQ. The Raptors get a chemistry guy who is a solid, yet offensively-challenged, defensive back-up center.

Fields makes more money than Robin Lopez, but the Blazers get under the salary cap?

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
              Fields makes more money than Robin Lopez, but the Blazers get under the salary cap?
              Uhhhhh yeaaah. It's called reverse psychology. Ain't you never heard of it? 😁
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Masai and Portland GM have a phone call:

Masai: Hey, how about a trade for Lopez?

PGM: Who are you giving me?

Masai: Look, I know you want to get under the salary cap, so I'll give you Fields.

PGM: Hmm, I do like being under salary cap, so... (looks at Fields' and Lopez's contracts) wait! Fields makes more money!

Masai: What? I definitely did not know that...

PGM: Not doing that deal.

Masai: Listen, Fields makes less money, You get under salary cap, you are getting sleeepyyy...

PGM: So sleepyyy...

Masai: Now do the deal.

PGM: Ok, sooo sleeppyyyy...
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                X