Terrence Ross = Klay Thompson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...advanced::none

if you wanna see comparison when they were same age.
    Last edited by MixxAOR; Fri Jul 25, 2014, 10:25 AM.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

The wishful thinking comparison list:

Kyle Lowry = Chris Paul
      Demar Derozan = Paul George
      Amir Johnson = Blake Griffin
      Jonas Valanciunas = Pau Gasol

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
        The wishful thinking comparison list:

Kyle Lowry = Chris Paul
        Demar Derozan = Paul George
        Amir Johnson = Blake Griffin
        Jonas Valanciunas = Pau Gasol
        Lol pretty much

Comment

Everyone knows Demar = Kobe - handles

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            this thread is amazing
            hey, which is one is more amazing.. this one? or the one comparing Demar and Melo?

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
              hey, which is one is more amazing.. this one? or the one comparing Demar and Melo?
              I've got a write in vote: James Johnson had a better season than Jimmy Butler last year.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                I've got a write in vote: James Johnson had a better season than Jimmy Butler last year.
                Everybody knows James Johnson = Jimmy Butler + Jumpshot

Comment

Hold up! I just read that BOTH Amir + Patterson are basically the equivalent to Tim Duncan at this point.

Next season we're rolling out:

Lowry
                  Carmelo
                  Klay Thompson
                  Duncan (w/ another Duncan as his back up!)
                  JV

And a better version of Jimmy Butler will be our 10th man.
                  Last edited by Fully; Fri Jul 25, 2014, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Yeah I thought DeMar was totally Kobe 2.0

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                      I would propose that statistically he did have better season than Jimmy Butler. It remains to be seen though if Johnson can actually maintain that level of efficient production playing 40mpg though like Butler does (which I doubt he could).

The counter-argument to this has frequently been used against DeRozan in the past. With people using efficient players who take on much less volume and usage, and using that to discredit DeRozan as an "inefficient chucker" or something to that effect.

Comment

While I don't think TR is anywhere close to Klay, I think everyone's overlooking the teammates he's playing with. Klay's a decent defender, but it's not like he's the guy who made GS a top defensive team last year. They had Iggy guarding the elite wings and a somewhat healthier bogut/O'neal manning the paint (bogut was out most of the 2012-2013 season).

Meanwhile TR is playing alongside Derozan who's nowhere near the level of iggy defensively.

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
                          While I don't think TR is anywhere close to Klay, I think everyone's overlooking the teammates he's playing with. Klay's a decent defender, but it's not like he's the guy who made GS a top defensive team last year. They had Iggy guarding the elite wings and a somewhat healthier bogut/O'neal manning the paint (bogut was out most of the 2012-2013 season).

Meanwhile TR is playing alongside Derozan who's nowhere near the level of iggy defensively.
                          Agree with this. It's something that's often ignored, but in 2012-13 Bogut missed most of the season and the Warriors hadn't acquired Iguodala yet. They had an average, 14th ranked defense. The following year (last year), Bogut was healthy and Iggy was acquired. They shot up to 4th in defense without a lot of other major changes to the roster (if anything the rest of the roster got worse defensively with the loss of Jack at backup PG).

I think their elite d has a lot to do with having arguably the best defensive wing in Iguodala and at least a top 5 rim protector in Bogut.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                            I think their elite d has a lot to do with having arguably the best defensive wing in Iguodala and at least a top 5 rim protector in Bogut.
                            Yes, that's what i said lol

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
                              Yes, that's what i said lol
                              Mark Jackson helped too. Kerr is going to run and gun them though.

Comment

Yeah, when I said worst case we got a Klay Thompson-esque player, I didn't mean right now, I meant later in his career. Maybe I shoulda cleared that up. Maybe that IS too high a floor. But I digress.

Thanks for making fun of me.

Comment

Working...
                                X