Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Raptors get off to a good start this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Raptors get off to a good start this season?

Under Dwane Casey, we have never gotten off to a great start in a season:

2011-2012: 23- 43 (Lockout year)
    We never got off to start this season lol ==> 4-13; 8-19; 9-23

2012-2013: 34-48
    We started 4-19, a rough start was expected with a new PG in Lowry, but we could not live up to even decent expectations (ie. 9-14 start would have pushed us into the playoffs with a 39-43 record)

2013-2014: 48-34
    I believe expectations were higher than 6-12 at the start as we had the same starting 5 coming back that finished the season at a .500 mark (but we had a sh*tty bench), but Mr. Gay's heroball just killed any belief that fans had of getting off to a better start.

I am wondering whether we can for once under Dwane Casey get off to a decent start.

You can never correctly predict the Toronto Raptors
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

The schedule was brutal at the start of last season though.

Is this year calendar out?
      Myself (March 2014):
      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Need to see the schedule first.

Knowing our luck we will start with @SAS, @OKC, vs. CLE

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
          Need to see the schedule first.

Knowing our luck we will start with @SAS, @OKC, vs. CLE
          and then beat them all
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I think they can regardless of who we play in the start of the season. I think with bringing the band back together it will only add to their confidence going into the season and they will come out really strong.

Comment

Chances that Raptors start slow trade Demar ala Rudy Gay, start Ross at SG and Bruno at SF go on another run post trade.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Chances that Raptors start slow trade Demar ala Rudy Gay, start Ross at SG and Bruno at SF go on another run post trade.
                Do you write your own material or do you have guys paid to come up with it. Either way it's some pretty good stuff. Thanks for the laugh.

Comment

Bruno is clearly not ready. If he plays we are going nowhere. He probably should go to D league to get playing time.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    Bruno is clearly not ready. If he plays we are going nowhere. He probably should go to D league to get playing time.
                    It was a joke. He is no less ready than TRoss was after the Gay trade. Sink or Swim, same goes for Bebe.

Comment

I dont think the sched comes out till late August.... I also might be wrong...because I'm suddenly unsure...and my google finger is broken
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Depending on our schedule, I think there is a good chance we start strong. Much of the team and staff are likely motivated and excited for the season.

However, I can picture the team trying to get Bruno and Bebe going early when there is less pressure and in hopes of them developing faster than expected, which may cause some early struggles.

It's surprising enough that casey and ujiri have decided to keep Bruno with the team at all, but it's still difficult to determine how much playing time he can actually expect. (If Jonas' development is any indication, he may get PT early on, albeit on an extremely short leash)

Comment

It was a joke. He is no less ready than TRoss was after the Gay trade. Sink or Swim, same goes for Bebe.
                          He's way less ready. Terrence Ross was a 22 year old 2nd year player. Bruno will be a 19 year old rookie described at the draft as being two years away from being two years away. That description may not be accurate, but he's still extremely raw.
                          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            I dont think the sched comes out till late August.... I also might be wrong...because I'm suddenly unsure...and my google finger is broken
                            Google is pretty vague. Says schedule comes out sometime in august.

Comment

Last year they started 6-12. This year the same key players have had 2/3 of a season plus playoff experience under their belts plus are much deeper and stronger at the wings which makes the bench ( second unit ) should be much more productive especially LW and JJ. This has not even factored in the natural growth and improvement in the young core. The schedule could not be any tougher which suggests even in the tougher Atlantic division we should be able to win over half our games. We have also eliminated about 3 very unproductive team mates. The 2 Brazilians especially Bruno after working hard all summer and in the early part of the season practicing every day against the starters and attending meetings and video sessions not to mention the excellent practice facility 24/7 With patience and all that hard work Bruno and Bebe will be gradually be weaned into increased playing time which would make the team that much deeper for playoffs. Finally the teams improved depth should allow the coach to better rest some key starters so they are not burned out or injured for the playoffs. STEVE FISHER

Comment

Working...
                              X