Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give and Go, SI.com: Which team had the most underrated offseason?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fully wrote: View Post
    I love the Gasol pick up for the Bulls but I think they're being slightly overrated right now. I have a hard time seeing Rose hitting the ground running as a player that is anywhere close to his MVP level. He's played 39, 0, and 10 games respectively over the last three regular seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes close to a full season to get him ramped back up, and that's assuming that he doesn't have any more physical setbacks between now and then.
    Agreed. He was an average starting pg last year in his 10 games, and that was with 1 year off.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I love the Gasol pick up for the Bulls but I think they're being slightly overrated right now. I have a hard time seeing Rose hitting the ground running as a player that is anywhere close to his MVP level. He's played 39, 0, and 10 games respectively over the last three regular seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes close to a full season to get him ramped back up, and that's assuming that he doesn't have any more physical setbacks between now and then.
      I think the Chicago love has mostly to do with the state of the conference. The Central division looks like it is most likely to produce the top seed, and of those teams, there are catches for all of them.

Cleveland....lacks experience and continuity, and arguably depth as well. They have the best player on the planet though. Even if this team can grow, for this year, it's probably all on LeBron again.
      Indiana....has decent experience and continuity, but the latter took a blow with Lance gone. Depth is not good. Seem to have taken a step back.
      Chicago....has experience, continuity (I'd argue that Gasol will do just fine stepping in for Boozer and be an upgrade despite not being with teh team before), slightly improved depth, and the big "if" is Rose's health.

If Rose can stay healthy, even if it takes him 3-4 months to get back up to speed, they have a good mix of the things needed to be successful.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        Rose runs the fastbreak by himself with Butler and Noah chasing as clean up, so Pau can hang back and McDermott can spot up for trailing 3.

I think Pau will really help Rose run the half court game. A skilled 7' post player who makes good passing makes everything easier, and now the Bulls have 2. Noah is better passing and Gasol is better scoring on the block, but they allow for a lot of diversity on offence. I could see Rose playing more off-ball with the ball in the post.
        I do think Rose will change his game this year to reduce his risk of injury and utilize the changes to the Bulls roster.

Comment

He may be playing for USA basketball in Aug so we should get some idea of where he is at.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
            I think Wizards, Hornets, Bulls and us went up.

And Miami, Pacers and Nets went down.

EDIT Forgot about the Cavs lol.

Love the change of teams duking it out for the east championship. Not a lot familiar names there save for the Bulls.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

I am looking forward to see Chris Bosh be the man with the Heat and play to that contract.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                I think the Chicago love has mostly to do with the state of the conference. The Central division looks like it is most likely to produce the top seed, and of those teams, there are catches for all of them.

Cleveland....lacks experience and continuity, and arguably depth as well. They have the best player on the planet though. Even if this team can grow, for this year, it's probably all on LeBron again.
                Indiana....has decent experience and continuity, but the latter took a blow with Lance gone. Depth is not good. Seem to have taken a step back.
                Chicago....has experience, continuity (I'd argue that Gasol will do just fine stepping in for Boozer and be an upgrade despite not being with teh team before), slightly improved depth, and the big "if" is Rose's health.

If Rose can stay healthy, even if it takes him 3-4 months to get back up to speed, they have a good mix of the things needed to be successful.
                For sure. My earlier response probably sounded like I was down a lot more on the Bulls than I actually am. I think they'll be one of the better teams in the Conference, and probably somewhere between 50-55 wins. I just think the hype is getting a little out of control and that people are taking a big time leap of faith in assuming that they'll get a rejuvenated Rose for a full season.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Its not as simple as adding and subtracting "win shares". Players are humans not plug and play simulations
                  And I think imanshumpert nicely qualified what he was trying to do: "Gonna try to do this mostly using WS. This is probably not going to be done that well, but whatever I'll give it a shot."

I am pretty sure that iman and the rest of us realize that "Players are humans not plug and play simulations."

I guess someon has to state the obvious periodically. I THOUGHT that was my job, but if you want to help, go for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X