demar derozan predictions!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    I'm expecting 42ppg 11rebounds and 10 assists a game with a true shooting percentage of 75 on 52 minutes per game. You may call these unrealistic expectations...you may say I'm crazy...and you would be right
    If he puts up these kinds of numbers you might be able to begin convincing me that his contract isn't bad
    Last edited by JimiCliff; Sat Jul 26, 2014, 06:46 PM.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
      34% from corners is horrible. he already shoots better than 34% from there.

no idea how his 'improved dribbles' will make him get fouled more AND have more assists. whats the correlation there?? also considering he will ideally be playing less minutes as well.

I honestly dont know how he shoots from the corners. I think that if he can improve his dribble it would help him get fouled more and get more assists because of the following reasons:

- He would be able to create more space on the perimeter from a one on one defender and it would allow him the space to drive and get closer to the basket thus drawing either more double teams or getting the defender out of position for a late blocking foul.

-Assuming the rest of his teammates like JV and TRoss improve on offence and are increased in there offensive usage the above point would result in more open shots for him.

-Driving vs shooting contested midrange jumpers results in more fouls being called and shooting more efficiently or at least shooting from more efficient areas. Yes he will play less minutes his minutes should only be decreased from just over 38mp to 32 or 31. His minutes won't be decreased past there. At the very least that would be his averages optimized for per 36 minutes per game.

So to sum this all up more efficient play coupled with the improved play of his team mates should lead to these numbers. He has already shown he can be a 20 point scorer and I don't see that dropping off. The least that he will average is 18-20.... The difference is he will be shooting less shots more efficiently so instead of taking 20 shots to get 20 points, like Bargs did, he will take probably an average off 13-15 shots per game and go to the line at least 4-7 times.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        I'm expecting 42ppg 11rebounds and 10 assists a game with a true shooting percentage of 75 on 52 minutes per game. You may call these unrealistic expectations...you may say I'm crazy...and you would be right
        Forget Carmelo!

Demar DeRozan = Oscar Robertson

......with a lot of overtime games?!?!?!?

Comment

DeMar DeRozan = Heir Canada, 23.5ppg, 5rpg, 3apg = 2nd time NBA Allstar

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            I hope so.

It is the only way he is going to improve those facets of his game.

*fingers crossed*
            Agreed.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I say
              24ppg/5rpg/4.5apg/1.5spg/0.5bpg shooting 45%FG & 33%3FG on 37 mins per game

with a per of anywhere between 18.5~20.5

All star and best SG in the East
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                If he puts up these kinds of numbers you might be able to begin convincing me that his contract isn't bad
                Bwahahaha!!!!

Comment

guy works to hard to not keep getting better
                  if ross develops half the in between game that demar has, we're laughing

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    34% from corners is horrible. he already shoots better than 34% from there.

no idea how his 'improved dribbles' will make him get fouled more AND have more assists. whats the correlation there?? also considering he will ideally be playing less minutes as well.
                    I definitely think improved handles and more assists correlate. He will be a lot more apt to drive to the hole, at which point he will be double or triple teamed by defenders, either leading to more fouls against him or he can kick it out to an open teammate for an easier bucket.

I just don't want to see the same indecisive DeMar we have seen so much of in the past, where he drives hard in the paint but inevitably goes up for a soft layup attempt or gets stripped of the ball.

I believe last season gave these guys a lot more confidence in their own personal game, which will translate into an even better squad this year. Now, I'm not saying they will surpass 48 wins, but the cohesiveness of the same group of players and coaching staff will go a long way in a much tougher Eastern Conference.

Comment

Hopefully it will be less PPG than last season, as it should mean JV and Ross are being utilized more often and are up to the task. A balanced attack would be ideal for me. But hey if he ups his averages as well as efficiency I'd obviously be pretty damn happy

Comment

Hypothetically, if dd averages 34 points on 34% shooting next year and 22% from 3. And we go on to win 60 games, would you be cool with that?
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                          Hypothetically, if dd averages 34 points on 34% shooting next year and 22% from 3. And we go on to win 60 games, would you be cool with that?
                          If that happens half this forum will be all over him for the 22 losses.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            You can hypothetical all you like, but proposing a scenario that has literally never happened before (just speaking in terms of points and FG%) is not constructive to either side of any debate.

Looking only at players who qualified for the points/game leaderboard (based on total games played and minutes played), and filtering to players who shot 34% or less from the field and 22% or less from three, there were 6 results. 6 player seasons ever that fit those descriptions. No player averaged more than 5 points.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

There have been 14 player seasons where a player averaged 34 points or more.

Lowest FG% was 42.8%.

DD's FG% last year was 42.9%.

Of that list, only Kareem Abdul Jabbar's Bucks in 72 won 60 games. His FG% was 57.4%. The highest by far on that list.

Of that list, there are more teams below .500 than above 50 wins.

Again, propose hypotheticals if need be, but if you choose a hypothetical like that, you aren't coming across as having made a real point.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I would like for DD to bring his FG % higher by being more selective on his shots and getting to the line more.

These long two's need to be curbed, and hopefully they will in favor of a better 3 point shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X