Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Fields play in the NBA after this contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the recent surgery was basically clean up from the major one.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
      Yeah with the pellis
      Wow.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        Wow.
        I'm not that surprised he signed a contract; veteran that can pass, shoot, and defend. We all forget, despite some of the bad play to end the season, and those free-throws I will never forget against Oklahoma City, he was a huge contributor off the pine for the Raptors this past season. We also forget that he has been an NBA starter at a point in his career, and arotational player for years; he's a solid player with skills and experience. It's just, we're no longer in need of the veteran-ship, when a guy like James Johnson + draftees bring same thing to the table in terms of skills. That's why a younger team like the Pelicans went out and got him.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
          he was a huge contributor off the pine in January for the Raptors this past season.
          Fixed that for you.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

My comment on Fields, is I hope he stays with the Raptors on a much cheaper deal. Extremely smart basketball player, finished around the rim, can pass, handle the ball, create for others, defend, rebound, and moves so well without the ball. He is one of the best all-around players in the league, it's just unfortunate he's been held back with injuries ever since he joined the team back in the Summer of 2012.

We've seen in stints, that he brings a great deal of skill to the table. He's as close to a lockdown defender there is, the guy is also so professional. Even if he doesn't sign back with the Raptors, I hope it's with a team that utilizes his skills well. IF he recovers from the nerve damage he's had in his right arm.

IF he recovers, and can return to some of the shooting that he had in New York, than all the more better for him and the team.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
              He had his surgery in November 2012.
              He had another surgery last year as well. The first one was not as successful as hoped.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                Fixed that for you.
                Hey.... C'mon now!

Okay:

he was a huge contributor off the pine in January, February, and some of March for the Raptors this past season.

Comment

Sure, he'll get a deal someplace else. Miracles do happen.

Does anyone have anything on him working out/doing anything basketball related this offseason? A TV show, and he's been on honeymoon for the better part of July. Looks like he's mailing in this last year...
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Fixed that for you.
                    So far...

Kings trade useless Salmons
                    Pels release useless Casspi
                    Pels sign Salmons
                    Kings sign Casspi

Moe smacks both King and Pels with one slap

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                      Hey.... C'mon now!

Okay:
                      Ehhh. I thought so as I lived the season, but looking back at the stat lines he put up, he was terrible awful anytime but January.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                        Fields does have that Stanford degree, so he should be set to find a job.

Fields is a great locker room guy and is a terrific defender. He also has a high basketball IQ, and on the offensive end, makes terrific cuts to the basket.

I think he can get a contract.
                        When Jeremy Lin was looking for a home in NY, Fields let him sleep on his couch. That's all I need to say about locker room guy from Fields.

Comment

Ehhh. I thought so as I lived the season, but looking back at the stat lines he put up, he was terrible awful anytime but January.
                          I guess you've got a point there. But.... vets wins games.

Comment

Fields is a no risk, low-mid reward player. The skills he does have (defense, passing, screening, moving without the ball, high IQ) aren't affected by whatever has broken his shot, and will only break down (barring other injuries) after he's on the other side of 30. Since he's only 26 now, he will definitely get another contract.

Low usage players who know their role and are happy to play within the system are always useful. AND That's assuming that teams don't think they can fix his shot. If a team thought there was any hope of that (and you now have to assume that a broken forever shot, may be a possibility) He'd probably get a 2-3 year deal at 4 mil/year. As it stands, I wouldn't be surprised if gets 2.5-3 mill/year on his next contract.
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

To reiterate (I am a LF fan) the timeline for potential normalcy for most nerve damage issues is about 18 mos. I have also seen comparisons to the feared ACL injuries where nerves are also affected (see Lou Williams). The overall rehab also includes the psychological affects of low confidence a pro bb player must have to overcome when dealing with making shots or quick cuts/lateral movements. Anyhow, coincidentally, this season will tell the tale on the validity of the 18 mos. recuperative timeline. Hope it comes about both for the players and the Raptors.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                                To reiterate (I am a LF fan) the timeline for potential normalcy for most nerve damage issues is about 18 mos. I have also seen comparisons to the feared ACL injuries where nerves are also affected (see Lou Williams). The overall rehab also includes the psychological affects of low confidence a pro bb player must have to overcome when dealing with making shots or quick cuts/lateral movements. Anyhow, coincidentally, this season will tell the tale on the validity of the 18 mos. recuperative timeline. Hope it comes about both for the players and the Raptors.
                                Wasn't there also talk that he was having back trouble at the end of this season? Casey was catching flak for only putting him on JJ once, but I thought I read that Fields basically couldn't play bc of back trouble.

It feels like a bit of a pipe dream to hope Fields recovers enough to be useful this season, but that would sure be great. He's a much more skilled player, when healthy, than James Johnson.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X