Chi, Cle, Ind, Wash can all shove it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    I honestly don't even know what your arguing anymore, it feels your just shitting on the raptors now. How Tf does pierce have anything to do with internal development.

And if you remove dd, wall has to be removed as well, their basically the same age. Btw, it's not a random list, it's the players on each team that can internally improve for next year...I thought that was clear.

I don't get where your getting at other than saying Washington is better than us, which is not true.
    that doesn't even make any sense. if you remove wall because hes 'basically the same age', then you remove ROSS because he IS the same age as wall.

the argument being made is the wizards have been making decent moves (like we are) to fulfill holes that were needed. theres no obvious way to tell that we're actually better than them in any way (and vice versa) besides just biased homerism.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      Lowry improved last year, Vasquez is likely to improve because he missed training camp last year due to ankle surgery. T-Ross is hanging out with dd and Lowry all summer so he should improve plus have even better chemistry. JV will probably be featured more so he should also improve. Lou Williams is healthy this year and will have a training camp unlike last year. DD will have improved handles at least which at this point what more do u want ? How many teams have players averaging 22 4 and 4?

So yes I think our internal development will be better than washington overall
      Everyone's got a different thinking when it comes to internal growth.

My take, is that whatever age you are, you can't stop improving. Lowry was 26 after having the best year of his career, Vasquez has been in the league for a bit and improved on certain aspects of the game. We can use examples from all over, like LeBron James adding a post game at about age 27/28. Kobe, same thing, getting older, had to develop his ability to go back-to-the-basket.

Because someone is a certain age, does not mean they cannot improve in certain aspects of their game, whether it be their dribbling, shooting, way to score, defensive instincts, or to go as simple as their speed, or even their confidence. The difference, however, is by the time they reach a certain part in their career, you know what type of player they are, and that's why the jury is still out on guys like Ross, JV and Wall, Beal. Does everyone know what exactly they are at this point? No, because they're still young and have only spent a few years in the league.

The question, is whether these guys become great players, or take steps to becoming terrific talents.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Lowry improved last year, Vasquez is likely to improve because he missed training camp last year due to ankle surgery. T-Ross is hanging out with dd and Lowry all summer so he should improve plus have even better chemistry. JV will probably be featured more so he should also improve. Lou Williams is healthy this year and will have a training camp unlike last year. DD will have improved handles at least which at this point what more do u want ? How many teams have players averaging 22 4 and 4?

So yes I think our internal development will be better than washington overall
        everyone was saying rudy gay with a full training camp was going to improve us last season as well.

statistically, players right after their contract year play WORSE. we will see how lowry pans out.

meanwhile, i'm sure all the wizards players (oh wait, according to yabalobabolo only 1 single wizards player is allowed to internally grow apparently!) are just sitting on their asses so of course its only raptors that are internally improving.
        Last edited by iblastoff; Tue Jul 29, 2014, 09:33 PM.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          john wall is the same age as terrence ross. why would he be removed from this random list?

who cares about otto porter at this point.

wizards have been filling holes that they needed with serviceable players. everyone said miller wasn't going to do anything for the wizards last year cause he was old. he played great. in fact that one game against the raptors he murdered us. humphries and blair are super decent players as well that were sorely needed. since everyone loves chuck hayes and his 'vet locker room' intangible, then paul pierce has got to be worth 10000x than that. you know, the guy that lead that shitty old brooklyn team to beat us in the playoffs.
          Nope Terrence Ross is born 1991 and John Wall is born 1990
          Not the same age
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Not the same age
            Mack your a stickler for details!

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              Not the same age
              both are 23. so technically, we're both right

Comment

Yes but September 6 you won't
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

It's extremely clear that our first round exit has made iblastoff VERY conscious about our team. The way he has been acting this offseason is like a complete 180 from the guy that was posting on this forum during the season. The reason why i'm probably not so negative this offseason is because I never expected us to win that series against the Nets so when they lost I wasn't as hurt as some. I was actually very impressed. A lot of our guys played better than I expected. iblastoff really thought we would win so now that we lost he has lowered his expectations a lot. Can't blame him though. I know how much experience is key in the playoffs and that's why I always expected Brooklyn to pull it out. Regular season stats don't mean much when your team is extremely young and inexperienced.

Anyway I think Washington and us are on the same level. We won't know who is officially better until the season gets started. Both teams depend on the development of two keys players to take them over the edge. In Washington's case it's Beal and Wall. In our case it's JV and Ross. The only thing is I think we have two other guys that can still make improvements in DD and 2Patt whereas Washington only has one in Porter and he hasn't proven or shown anything other than in this years summer league. And you normally take that with a grain of salt. Time will tell. I won't sit here and say Raps are for sure better than Washington but I also won't say Washington is for sure better than us either.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

We're gonna be third seed, book it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

but wall has 2 more years of nba experience and 3 more years of playing as a starter, which should probably slow his curve at this point, statistically speaking, that is

edit: and the contract year thing applies to gortat as well.
                      Last edited by stooley; Wed Jul 30, 2014, 08:36 AM.
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I'm a subscriber to SiriusXM and I payed for the premium package so I can listen to the NBA channel.

So for those of you that don't know, Chicago is the favorite to win the division according to all the "experts" on that station. They cite Derek Rose as the main reason why and some how think that McBuckets and Mirotic are game changers, oh not to mention that Pau Gasol has turned back the clock and is now the dominant healthy nightmare of a match up in the post.

So Chicago is the #1 seed. Cool.

Cleveland is #2. LeBron is that good and I don't think anyone would argue that, however this team is terribly flawed. Kyrie is somehow a "superstar" even though his teams have averaged like 30 wins since he's been in the league oh and he's ball dominant and can't play off the ball (see the tiff between him and Waiters for confirmation of that) Thompson is good as a 6th man I guess but I don't think he moves the needle all that much, Varejao can't stay healthy so he's a non factor to me. Oh and they have a great coach in Blatt but, he's never coached in the NBA let alone a LeBron James and the egos of Kyrie and Waiters. They should be at the least very interesting.

Next on the experts list is Washington. Sweet Beal and Wall are great, Nene is good when healthy, Gortat is a freak and is probably on steroids so that's pretty good but then they lose Ariza and replace him with the corpse of Paul Pierce and somehow you're going to be better than you were last year??? I must be missing something. But I guess I'm being foolish because Otto Porter was really good in summer league and since that always translates directly the NBA they should be real excited.

I don't think I have to break down my view of Indiana but I suppose I will... Hibbert is um, well hes kinda not all that scary anymore. Paul George is good but he's no star, West is old but still serviceable, George hill is gonna have the ball a lot which is probably not that great and they lost their biggest nightmare/most important player in Lance Stephenson. Oh and they don't have anyone worth while coming off the bench unless you like Scola.

Now we're at our Raptors who they lump in with Charlotte, Brooklyn and the KNICKS!!!!! Hahahahahahaha

So there you have it the experts have us slated somewhere in the 5-8 seed with a chance of not making the playoffs.

I say, they can all shove it.
                        I listen too and sometimes call in. Flying under the radar is not a bad thing. We are as good as anyone in the east. Team chemistry is a huge factor and we have chemistry. Bulls and Cavs will have to develop chemistry.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                          It's extremely clear that our first round exit has made iblastoff VERY conscious about our team. The way he has been acting this offseason is like a complete 180 from the guy that was posting on this forum during the season. The reason why i'm probably not so negative this offseason is because I never expected us to win that series against the Nets so when they lost I wasn't as hurt as some. I was actually very impressed. A lot of our guys played better than I expected. iblastoff really thought we would win so now that we lost he has lowered his expectations a lot. Can't blame him though. I know how much experience is key in the playoffs and that's why I always expected Brooklyn to pull it out. Regular season stats don't mean much when your team is extremely young and inexperienced.

Anyway I think Washington and us are on the same level. We won't know who is officially better until the season gets started. Both teams depend on the development of two keys players to take them over the edge. In Washington's case it's Beal and Wall. In our case it's JV and Ross. The only thing is I think we have two other guys that can still make improvements in DD and 2Patt whereas Washington only has one in Porter and he hasn't proven or shown anything other than in this years summer league. And you normally take that with a grain of salt. Time will tell. I won't sit here and say Raps are for sure better than Washington but I also won't say Washington is for sure better than us either.
                          Lol reversal of rolls. Reality likely sonewhere in the middle.

Comment

I agree. The problem is they don't put the Raptors there despite all of the flaws of the other teams. Sure the raptors have their own issues but I'd put them ahead of Indiana for sure and I think our depth puts us above Washington. Healthy Derek Rose and a somewhat healthy Pau will be an issue but there's no guarantee of either. The cavs will win 50+ because of Lebron but I don't see the Pacers winning anywhere near 50. They'll be in the 5-8 seed.

Raps had the best record against the west since Dec 8 (15-7) and it could have been 17-5 if it wasn't for a bogus call and ejection of Lowry against Sacramento and the dud they threw up against the Lakers when Swaggy P went off.

I think anything less than a top 3 record is a disappointment in the east.
                            Don't forget 2OT loss at home to OKC that we should have won.

Comment

that doesn't even make any sense. if you remove wall because hes 'basically the same age', then you remove ROSS because he IS the same age as wall.

the argument being made is the wizards have been making decent moves (like we are) to fulfill holes that were needed. theres no obvious way to tell that we're actually better than them in any way (and vice versa) besides just biased homerism.
                              Hold up, never once have I said we are better than Washington, the entire time I've been saying we are the same. I'm saying that the 'experts' don't know what their saying. I'm saying that there is no way Washington should be listed as the third seed while we are lumped with the fucking Knicks.

And you changed the whole premise of the argument here, we were first talking about internal development and then you started talking about how good washing tons moves were. Cool, they made sick moves, but that doesn't disregard that you changed what was being argued.
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                Lol reversal of rolls. Reality likely sonewhere in the middle.
                                Agreed.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X