15 Man Roster Complete, this is how it looks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    I'd also hate an organization for treating players that way.
    Meh. Players used to re-sign with their teams all the time. They still get paid, usually the buyout happens same day and they can re-sign without ever reporting to their new team. Players know how the business works.

But yeah, that's all in the past. No re-signing a player you traded away until the following July 1st now.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Meh. Players used to re-sign with their teams all the time. They still get paid, usually the buyout happens same day and they can re-sign without ever reporting to their new team. Players know how the business works.

But yeah, that's all in the past. No re-signing a player you traded away until the following July 1st now.
      If you were Danny Granger and received an offer from the Pacers, would you have resigned there?

(Hypothetical discussion)
      Myself (March 2014):
      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

If you were Danny Granger and received an offer from the Pacers, would you have resigned there?

(Hypothetical discussion)
        Yes. If it was agreed that I would be waived upon being traded.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Guess I'm the oldschool one.
          Myself (March 2014):
          The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Guess I'm the oldschool one.
            Old school how? If a team trades a player away without their consent, sure, they'd be pissed and not re-sign. Most players though understand and see the benefits of a trade-and-re-sign, and teams in that situation often will not do the trade without the player's consent, as the veteran player can be more valuable than the minimal return they would get or cap room they would clear. Teams were able to do it so often precisely because players wanted to do it.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              Old school how? If a team trades a player away without their consent, sure, they'd be pissed and not re-sign. Most players though understand and see the benefits of a trade-and-re-sign, and teams in that situation often will not do the trade without the player's consent, as the veteran player can be more valuable than the minimal return they would get or cap room they would clear. Teams were able to do it so often precisely because players wanted to do it.
              This is pretty much what I was referring too, see Kyle Lowry with Houston.

As a player I would have no issues with being part of a sign and trade.
              Myself (March 2014):

Comment

This is pretty much what I was referring too, see Kyle Lowry with Houston.

As a player I would have no issues with being part of a sign and trade.
                Historically, every player who has been waived and re-signed with their team knew and gave the go ahead for the trade in the first place. In the hypothetical Hayes scenario, we wouldn't be trading him and pissing him off and trying to re-sign him. We'd be telling him before we traded him that a) we were trading him to clear cap room and b) he would be waived by the receiving team and still get all his money and c) we would re-sign him to keep him on the team, and he'd actually get even more money because his new contract with us would be above and beyond his money from his original contract.

That's how that stuff went down.

Doesn't matter now, since it is illegal. But there were never examples of players getting traded and being pissed about it and then getting re-signed after being waived.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
                  As a third-string PF, I don't mind Hansbrough. I'd prefer to see Hayes get flipped because he's too small to play PF/C. Not agile/fast enough to play SF. I'd trade him for cash and a second rounder if it'd free up a roster spot.
                  Hayes is only good if he can out-muscle guys like Munroe, Cousins and (I'm dreaming) Dwight under the hoop. If not, then there's no point to him being in the NBA.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
                    Hayes is only good if he can out-muscle guys like Munroe, Cousins and (I'm dreaming) Dwight under the hoop. If not, then there's no point to him being in the NBA.
                    Unless we are trading Chuck at the trade deadline in 2015 for a young asset he is not going anywhere till then. Chuck has the body to box out just about anyone playing the 5 in the league, HOWEVER he has no hops so we have to augment him when he is on the floor with a guy who can get up and clean the glass while Chuck leans all over the opppositions offensive rebounders. Chuck is a true pro, is low mainteance, and shows up every day. We could do much worse.

If GM for a day I would have made an offer to Emeka Okafor and stashed Bebe for another year in Europe. But I am not so we go with what we have and its going to be enough unless JV goes down. Then we are in a helluva hole till he gets back in the middle.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
                      He's made a career of "outliving his usefulness". I have to applaud his tenacity.

Comment

Bebe is on board!

http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                          Bebe is on board!

So NBA contracts are signed in coffee shops with some random guy as a witness. Seems legit.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            So NBA contracts are signed in coffee shops with some random guy as a witness. Seems legit.

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              That's not a random guy, that's Bruno Lol
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                                That's not a random guy, that's Bruno Lol
                                haha you beat me to it!

Comment

Working...
                                X