No announcement yet.

Should we go all in to win now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patience, even if there is a larger chance to get to the finals, I don't see a move that makes us a lock for them or even the ECF. An injury or another team having a ridiculous year closes that window for us. It's not worth the risk. I'd rather

Free agency is risky for everyone. Houston already has two superstars, space to sign a max player, a great location... basically all things we used to say you needed in order to sign big name free agents. They missed out on Melo, Lebron, and even the home town kid, Chris Bosh. The only knock against Houston, would be that they didn't have the "right" two superstars, but you can't split hairs that thin. I'd rather trade for an impact player with over a year on their contract, or try to sign them in free agency, yeah it's a crap shoot, but it's a crap shoot for everyone.

We aren't good enough to try to give up assets to "win now".

JV and Ross need a year or to more of development time, that's when you look at going all in.
    Last edited by ezz_bee; Tue Aug 5, 2014, 06:35 AM.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
    X