No announcement yet.

Bandwagon Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think boycotting is done intentionally as protest against a team for the most part. It's just that a team that is a bottom feeder is not much fun. You have no prospects for achieving anything, so every game basically amounts to an exhibition, except with bad players.

Sometimes there's some fun in cheering for the team of the future, but there's also better entertainment options out there.
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

The idea of boycotting is also ignoring the global brand. I live in Halifax and have cheered for the Raps since the beginning (but I'll watch any good game). Other than the year I lived in Toronto, I do not attend games. I rarely buy apparel anymore except maybe baby clothes or the odd shirt/hat (once you hit 30, it's harder to wear that stuff without being at a game). So MLSE gets no direct money from me. But I watch/record every game I can. I watch post game interviews online. I post (several thousand times) on RR. I use the Raps for NBA2K.

Everything a Raps fan should do, but since I can't go to live games, then my impact is irrelevant financially to them. So the idea of boycott simply isn't feasible for anyone outside of the GTA, which makes me question the effectiveness of it for even those in the GTA. If you have been on RR for a while, you know that we have users from all over Canada and some overseas (shout out to the Lithuanians on here!). We are the hardcore Raps fans and many of us don't register on the MLSE financially screen, so how much impact do you expect by boycotting?
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I think if you want to make a difference you have to let the team know through media. Social media, news talk, online forums, however you can get the message out is the only way to get your opinion out there. Then you need to hope that you have an owner who cares because if the owner doesn't care none of it matters.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
        X