Tor-Clev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor-Clev

I understand Cleveland is considering trading Bennett to Philly for Young. How about Johnson for Bennett and Powell?

Yep, I'll take it. That's a good gamble.

Nice idea.

Thad Young probably makes more sense for their roster, though (assuming they get Love). A backup 3 will be a much bigger need. Thad is a 3/4.

Comment

Minnesota wants Young so it makes sense that Young and Bennett are to be part of a three way deal on Aug. 23 or 24 that sends Love to the Cavs, Bennett to Philadelphia, and Wiggins, Young, and a Cavs first rounder to the Twolves.

Comment

Oh, so Thad would be going to the Wolves. That makes sense.

I don't know if that piece of info makes dacallb's trade idea more or less likely. Both Amir and Thad Young make some sense next to Pekovic, and neither is perfect. The Wolves really need an Ibaka. A shotblocker who can shoot and defend 4s. Thad Young fits a little better than Amir IMO, but I could see them being interested in Amir as well.

Anyway, of all the many trade ideas of how Toronto could leech from the Cavs and / or Wolves, this Amir - Bennett angle makes the most sense to me.

Comment

Apologies for not mentioning the fact that the Wolves were interested in trading Bennett for Young after they get him from the Cavs. Might be a good start to the Canadian content on the Raps.

Comment

dacallb wrote: View Post
            Apologies for not mentioning the fact that the Wolves were interested in trading Bennett for Young after they get him from the Cavs. Might be a good start to the Canadian content on the Raps.
            Raps should see if they can get Bennet for Fields and Toronto's 2016 first. 76ers have no use for him , he isn't injured.

Comment

Bennett is going to 76ers!

Comment

Masai is the miracle maker. If he wants Bennett he'll get Bennett.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Raps should see if they can get Bennet for Fields and Toronto's 2016 first. 76ers have no use for him , he isn't injured.
                  But we don't have any use for Bennett either.

I like having Ross and Derozan at the smaller wing positions. Their games compliment each other's nicely.

Bennett is a bigger body who could be a better defensive SF. He could also work in the post, but I wouldn't want him playing at the 4 yet. And plus, we have Amir, Patt, and Hansbrough at the 4 spot already.

I think that he would fit well on the 76ers. He would make an interesting player to pair alongside of MCW and Noel. As a bigger plus, Wiggins would be free to work on his game in Philly while he would be buried under the depth chart fighting just to stand on the court if he were to be traded to the Raptors.
                  I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                  -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

How about trading or signing Asik for next year and keeping Amir.
                    Than the PF & C - Jonas, Asik, Amir & P Pat, I believe that would give a strong 4 front court rotation.
                    KL, DD ,GV and TRoss. There is your back court and wing rotation. One more wingman to step up to the plate.

Comment

Working...
                    X