No announcement yet.

What's your starting 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I'm saying is that removing a better player and a proven fit in Amir from the starting lineup in order to start Patterson under the guise that it's to keep Amir healthy when PP has actually proven to be the more injury prone player seems like everyone is trying to get a little too fancy. This line up was very good last year. Top 10 offence and a Top 10 defence, no? I'm all for Patterson getting plenty of minutes this season too, hopefully whatever it takes in order to keep Amir fresh for the stretch run, but he can do it off the pine. And really, Why not keep PP in the role that he excelled in as well?

Comment

And I won't even touch the comments asking for James Johnson in the starting line up from day one.

Comment

As much as you guys think that patterson will start over amir, its not gonna happen. it will be the same starting line up as last year mainly because Amir is better difender than pat, and u know casey is all about defense first.

Comment

same as last year with ross not starting against the bigger 3s I am more interested how the bench flows with the addition of lou

Comment

A better question is which 2 will be in street clothes.

Comment

I would've thought it was pretty obviously the same 5 as last year, although I can kind of see why people may want to go with Patterson. I think Amir is slightly better when healthy though, better rim protector. I felt Patterson struggled rebounding the ball at times, and he just seems like a good guy to come off the bench and provide some points, spacing, defense and high IQ basketball. Amir and Patterson also played extreeeeeeeemely well together, so I hope there is quite a bit of that as well, although it will be interesting to see how they manage the front court minutes.
              Ross obviously starts over Johnson, like wtf.

Comment

fields may be showcased at the two after {if he recovers his shooting touch] for trade senario's
                Last edited by rightsideup; Thu Aug 14, 2014, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Love Amir. If we had more depth at center, I would definitely start Amir over Pats.

Amir will, inevitably, have to guard other teams 5's. Expecting him to start but also back-up JV in must win situations seems like a lot to saddle on one guy, that's all.

Comment

i wonder how many minutes the 3rd string guys will actually get. 3rd PF might see some minutes. 3rd SF will get "once in a blue moon" minutes. 3rd C ... hmm ... that's difficult. if Nogueira had opted to play with the Brazilian national team this summer, he might have made a case for 2nd C. Hayes is gonna get his minutes because coach Casey likes him so much. 3rd SG? is that Ross or Cherry?

Comment

I can't see Amir being taken out of the starting line up yet. JV isn't ready to carry the defensive load yet, as he would have to do with PPat.

If DD can improve his man to man coverage and prevent blow bys it'd definitely improve the likelihood of PPat starting but I don't see it right away.

I like PPat as the first big off the bench, take JV out and have Amir move to the 5. I guess for Amir's sake Casey will need to keep him around the 25-28 minutes per game range but that will obviously be heavily dependent on match ups.
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
                        i wonder how many minutes the 3rd string guys will actually get. 3rd PF might see some minutes. 3rd SF will get "once in a blue moon" minutes. 3rd C ... hmm ... that's difficult. if Nogueira had opted to play with the Brazilian national team this summer, he might have made a case for 2nd C. Hayes is gonna get his minutes because coach Casey likes him so much. 3rd SG? is that Ross or Cherry?
                        I'd think you platoon most of the backup SG minutes between GV and Williams, basically. It's a little complex though. Lowry, GV, and Williams can all play PG or off the ball, DD is left in with the bench sometimes, and TR can slide over to the 2 as needed. That's 5 players who can play SG depending on match-ups and situational needs. Cherry will see the floor about as much as De Colo, Buycks, and Stone did last year.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Would trade Amir Johnson plus 1st round for Greg Monroe and filler to mke it work financially

Comment

We need to keep the same starting 5 as last year. Lowry-DD-Ross-Amir-Big Val

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              Lowry/DeRozan/Johnson/Patterson/Valanciunas

no way James Johnson starts. he's only there for matchup issues which is only a few teams. Ross is the future and this will only improve when there young players start playing consistent. JV,Ross

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                                same as last year with ross not starting against the bigger 3s I am more interested how the bench flows with the addition of lou
                                Ross started in every single game after Rudy was traded, did he not?
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X