Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Hamilton signed?

Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Don't we already have a full squad?
    #BringBackUzoh

Comment

feet85 wrote: View Post
      Don't we already have a full squad?
      Thats what I'm thinking.

I honestly like the pickup if it's true but I'm confused

Comment

Obviously has to be a 2 for 1 trade or someone with a hot wife is getting waived.

Or his contract is unguaranteed which I would be surprised to hear. I thought he could get a guaranteed minimum deal.

Comment

We do have a full squad, which makes this move weird.

Basically, the only ways this can make sense:

1. We're signing Hamilton and stretch-provisioning somebody else - probably Landry Fields. But why stretch Landry for Jordan Hamilton? Hamilton doesn't move the needle enough to make one say "yeah, let's use the stretch provision."

2. We're signing Hamilton and trading somebody somewhere else. But we have no assets we both want to move and that anybody else wants. I can't see Masai signing Hamilton and then trading away a draft pick or something to bribe Philly to take Landry off our hands. Again, this doesn't make sense.

3. We're signing Hamilton because we're trading him. I can see this happening: we sign Hamilton and then, say, he goes to Cleveland or Minnesota to make money work a little better in the Kevin Love trade, we get a second-round pick for our trouble.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Obviously has to be a 2 for 1 trade or someone with a hot wife is getting waived.

Or his contract is unguaranteed which I would be surprised to hear. I thought he could get a guaranteed minimum deal.
            I meant trade in works.

Unguaranteed deal meant camp invite.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post

1. We're signing Hamilton and stretch-provisioning somebody else - probably Landry Fields. But why stretch Landry for Jordan Hamilton? Hamilton doesn't move the needle enough to make one say "yeah, let's use the stretch provision."

2. We're signing Hamilton and trading somebody somewhere else. But we have no assets we both want to move and that anybody else wants. I can't see Masai signing Hamilton and then trading away a draft pick or something to bribe Philly to take Landry off our hands. Again, this doesn't make sense.

3. We're signing Hamilton because we're trading him. I can see this happening: we sign Hamilton and then, say, he goes to Cleveland or Minnesota to make money work a little better in the Kevin Love trade, we get a second-round pick for our trouble.
              1. Sure but why not just waive him outright? Raps have to pay the contract regardless. Why carry pain over into '15 and '16?

2. A trade in works is possible.

3. Can't trade a FA signed until dec15

Comment

maybe trading hayes and fields or fields and hans or hans and hayes for a back up big?
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post

This is really a weird signing even though I like it. But your third option where we would trade him still doesn't make that much sense. Why would we go through signing Hamilton just to help out Cleveland or Minnesota to end up getting a second round pick? Jordan is probably better than any second round pick we would get. I don't know. Maybe I'm off base
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    1. Sure but why not just waive him outright? Raps have to pay the contract regardless. Why carry pain over into '15 and '16?

2. A trade in works is possible.

3. Can't trade a FA signed until dec15
                    is reference to your third point does that mean only Landry, Hansbrough or Hayes can be traded? Of like the guys we would be willing to trade of course.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                      is reference to your third point does that mean only Landry, Hansbrough or Hayes can be traded? Of like the guys we would be willing to trade of course.
                      Anyone on roster last year and still under contract can be traded (unless resigned).

Comment

IF we can somehow unload fields to PHI with a 2nd rounder I'd be ecstatic.
                        Myself (March 2014):
                        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

So Bruno will be in the D-league?
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                            So Bruno will be in the D-league?

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

So that means MASAI AIN'T DONE WITH THE TRADES YET!
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                              X