No announcement yet.

Jordan Hamilton signed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's difficult to see who will pick up Fields. Perhaps Masai will play around with trading Bebe?

/ I digress.

Comment

• Hmmm out of everyone I think Hansbrough is most likely to go for a small asset like a 2nd rounder, from maybe the Cavs or Hawks.
      He's the only tradeable guy that has fell out of rotation b/c we simply have better options and he doesn't really fit in with our offensive schemes.
      Tbh he deserves more burn.

Comment

• I think this is another instance of Masai having a sympatico with his players for the most part...like has there ever been a player or agent who has dissed him. Simply put I think players "trust" the content of the conversations he has with them and Hamilton (MU traded for him in Denver) has a history with him. Even Nene (and I stand corrected here) said nothing derogatory after being signed and then traded...like he expected the possibility. Wilson Chandler is another one he cajoled into signing with the Nuggets when the Raptors and others were hot on for him.

One other point: re being over the cap...the penalty for this does not kick in unless the infraction occurs at the end of the season...so there is much time to pull back from that brink. This is my understanding.

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
          Hmmm out of everyone I think Hansbrough is most likely to go for a small asset like a 2nd rounder, from maybe the Cavs or Hawks.
          He's the only tradeable guy that has fell out of rotation b/c we simply have better options and he doesn't really fit in with our offensive schemes.
          Tbh he deserves more burn.
          The 5th big usually gets 10MPG and per minute Hands is valuable as a scorer. Hamilton can't replace those minutes in the post.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Holy crap man. I don't know what you're not getting here. Maybe he had no good offer.

Also, playing on a bad team with more of a roster opening does not equal better situation. How many crappy players from Philly's roster last year are finding good jobs in the NBA?

Hamilton might prefer the tougher option, where he'll have a harder time cracking the rotation, but if he does he's a role player on a successful team, and probably sets himself up for actual offers to stay in the NBA as that will be appealing to NBA execs. More appealing than a guy who obviously has flaws in his game that he's not really working on as he jacks up shots on a terrible team.

*Just to add, I think Hamilton knows his ceiling is a role player, and is looking for the "right" situation. We still have no real SF behind Ross. Everyone is assuming JJ, but that's a guy who's bounced around a lot and has clashed with our coach before. If Hamilton can bring more consistency, coachability and a better outside shot, he could have a real chance at cracking the rotation.
            I think JJ is definitely ahead of Hamilton in the depth chart.

Watching some of his clips, Jordan reminds me of a less athletic George Hill. Although, I live in Hamilton and may be a little biased. (although I'm currently working in Calgary)

Comment

• he must be a very streaky shooter... I don't understand how we got him for so low/little $$

Comment

• Pele wrote: View Post

Watching some of his clips, Jordan reminds me of a less athletic George Hill. Although, I live in Hamilton and may be a little biased. (although I'm currently working in Calgary)
                How does a 6'7 swingman remind you of a point guard? George Hill isn't especially athletic, so is Hamilton like Steve Novak in your opinion?
                Ball Don't Lie

Comment

• Pele wrote: View Post

I just meant that JJ's place in the pecking order is not necessarily secure. On top of that he's found his way out of rotations before.

Comment

• Maybe a JJ insurance policy to keep him straight and true?

Comment

• I hope there is a trade, I'm really bored.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• So I was looking back into this career and he got traded for Aaron Brooks during the middle of the 2013-14 season.

The more I look into his game, his offense is where JJ WANTS to be, where as JJ makes up with his defense.

This really seems like a direct replacement for Landry Fields the more I look into it....

Comment

• The Raptors got Hamilton because of his reputation as an enforcer.

Comment

• I think his offensive capabilities far outweighs his defense.

Him, GV, Klow, Lou Williams, and pattypat, and you could have one of the best 3pt shooting lineups in the league.

Comment

• I think he is here just to really challenge jj. Casey likes to pit similar players against each other in practise so they can push each other to get better. He puts gv and lowry and like ross and dd to pit against each other. Dd always says things like I attack ross in practise, that's why he is what he is. Gv usually says the same thing about lowry.

So I think Hamilton is there to pit against jj since they are kinda like opposites and strive at things the other lacks. It pushes them to each get better. That's why stone and buycks were on the team at the same time, to make each other better. They literally had nothing else to really do.

I don't know, just speculating right now.
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• It's a strong theory. You can also assume that MU is doing that w/ Bebe and Brazilian Durant.

Comment

Working...
                                X