Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should raptors try and intercept Anthony Bennett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. In fact, I'd be pissed if they made a trade as silly as this...
    AKA Chief Rocka @ RaptorsHQ

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Neither do I, and I wouldn't give up Ross for him. Doesn't mean I only value him at "bust" level.
      I don't think he's a bust either, but I can't see any reason for the Raps to acquire him (unless it's for peanuts) other than the whole "he's Canadian" angle. He doesn't serve any need to help us compete yet people constantly mention him as someone to acquire. If he were from Texas I bet we'd never see his name on here. Canadian passport isn't a trait to trade for.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        I don't think he's a bust either, but I can't see any reason for the Raps to acquire him (unless it's for peanuts) other than the whole "he's Canadian" angle. He doesn't serve any need to help us compete yet people constantly mention him as someone to acquire. If he were from Texas I bet we'd never see his name on here. Canadian passport isn't a trait to trade for.
        Really? First overall draft pick from Texas disappoints (due to crappy dysfunctional team, injury, fitness), shows promise at the end of his rookie season and during summer league, has low value and might be had for cheap, and no one would have any interest?

I personally was interested in buying low on Wesley Johnson (#2 overall pick) every year since his rookie year. Is he Canadian? Because I wouldn't want to accidentally want him here if he's not.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Really? First overall draft pick from Texas disappoints (due to crappy dysfunctional team, injury, fitness), shows promise at the end of his rookie season and during summer league, has low value and might be had for cheap, and no one would have any interest?

I personally was interested in buying low on Wesley Johnson (#2 overall pick) every year since his rookie year. Is he Canadian? Because I wouldn't want to accidentally want him here if he's not.
          Johnson was a #4 pick, probably mixing him up with Derrick Williams, former #2 pick who hasn't yet done much of note.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
            Johnson was a #4 pick, probably mixing him up with Derrick Williams, former #2 pick who hasn't yet done much of note.
            Ah true. Point stands.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Ah true. Point stands.
              Not arguing that.

Comment

What a foolish idea. Who in their right mind, at the stage where the raptors are right now, would trade PPat and picks for Bennett?? That's insane. Honestly, these dog days of summer really do bring out some ridiculous ideas.

As if the raptors don't have enough projects and prospects as it is. And now you want to give up a good stretch 4 for Bennett? Wtf has Bennett done that warrants that?? Don't forget Bennett is making over 5 million a season which is just under the 6 million PPat is getting.

Also, trading Landry at this point is foolish too. Why not see what he has this year? Masai has already shown he can get value out of expiring contracts (see the salmons trade). Come trade deadline if Landry is of no value he'll be gone and we'll land a draft pick, role player or prospect for him.

THEN on top of that you want to give up a draft pick too?? Thank GOD you are not a general manager. Wow.

Probably one of the worst ideas suggested this summer.
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                  Not arguing that.
                  Yeah, I realize. Williams is another good example - could be had dirt cheap, and his potential is still there - playing in Minny and SAC are not the most conducive environments for development.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

That said, I do think the proposed deal in the OP is ridiculously overpaying. If you can move vets you might lose anyway (say, Amir and Fields) without moving a pick I think you have to consider it. I don't think there's a fit right now (with Philly offering Thad Young I doubt you want to pay more than that), but that doesn't mean we should write off potentially acquiring him just to counter our assumed bias towards Canadians.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      This particular thread and poster is always playing up the Canadian angle (check some of his other threads). But, it's not like people only mention Canadians either. It seemed like a lot of posters on here had massive hard-on for Harrison Barnes as a buy-low. Probably a lot of them still do.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                        What a foolish idea. Who in their right mind, at the stage where the raptors are right now, would trade PPat and picks for Bennett?? That's insane. Honestly, these dog days of summer really do bring out some ridiculous ideas.

As if the raptors don't have enough projects and prospects as it is. And now you want to give up a good stretch 4 for Bennett? Wtf has Bennett done that warrants that?? Don't forget Bennett is making over 5 million a season which is just under the 6 million PPat is getting.

Also, trading Landry at this point is foolish too. Why not see what he has this year? Masai has already shown he can get value out of expiring contracts (see the salmons trade). Come trade deadline if Landry is of no value he'll be gone and we'll land a draft pick, role player or prospect for him.

THEN on top of that you want to give up a draft pick too?? Thank GOD you are not a general manager. Wow.

Probably one of the worst ideas suggested this summer.
                        but but buuut... Bennett = Blake Griffen!
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

@ golden

The Harrison Barnes hype machine first rolled out when he was still in middle school...

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_210059...more-hype-than

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            @ golden
                            The Harrison Barnes hype machine first rolled out when he was still in middle school...
                            http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_210059...more-hype-than
                            Oh, I know. And now people are starting to call him a bust. If he doesn't break-out this season, then he could be the ultimate "buy-low" type of player. Or, he could simply be one of those guys who just couldn't cut it at the NBA level. Is he worth getting? Again, it all depends on acquisition price.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...new-brand-bust

Comment

Bennett would be perfect as a replacement for Hands as a PF and be better than Hamilton as a SF. Offensively and rebounding he is better than either and no worse defensively. Wouldnt trade 2Pats but if Philly wanted to dump his contract I would do this.

OT: Minny might send Shabbazz Mohammed for Young instead meaning Bennett's value is lower. Getting Bennett from Minny would be easier. It isn't because he's Canadian.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                Bennett would be perfect as a replacement for Hands as a PF and be better than Hamilton as a SF. Offensively and rebounding he is better than either and no worse defensively. Wouldnt trade 2Pats but if Philly wanted to dump his contract I would do this.

OT: Minny might send Shabbazz Mohammed for Young instead meaning Bennett's value is lower. Getting Bennett from Minny would be easier. It isn't because he's Canadian.
                                He is worse defensively. I mean he was a rookie, so it's tough to judge his potential on that end, but he was bad defensively at UNLV as well. He's generally looked more on the absolutely terrible side defensively so far.

Hamilton is not bad defensively. Fairly solid. Hansbrough is as well. He's not an anchor or shutdown guy, but he's not bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X