No announcement yet.

Tim Lieweke leaving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe I'm being cynical but maybe his sticking around has more to do with his followup plan hitting some speedbumps. But who knows.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
      Maybe I'm being cynical but maybe his sticking around has more to do with his followup plan hitting some speedbumps. But who knows.
      Does anyone know what his follow up plan is anyways?
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        Does anyone know what his follow up plan is anyways?
        After-Market Ticket Sales Company to compete with StubHub.

This is fantastic news, even if it doesn't really mean anything. More TL is a good thing.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          After-Market Ticket Sales Company to compete with StubHub.

This is fantastic news, even if it doesn't really mean anything. More TL is a good thing.
          Makes me think DLeague team is now as good as a definite.

Comment

• The whole thing reads like "we can't find anyone better than Tim".

From a star article on the matter.
            "In a November interview with the Star, MLSE board chairman Larry Tanenbaum said the new CEO would have to combine Leiweke’s grand vision and public profile with past president Richard Peddie’s ability to deal with internal matters."

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              The whole thing reads like "we can't find anyone better than Tim".

From a star article on the matter.
              "In a November interview with the Star, MLSE board chairman Larry Tanenbaum said the new CEO would have to combine Leiweke’s grand vision and public profile with past president Richard Peddie’s ability to deal with internal matters."

Basically what he is saying is we want someone to come in and revamp the entire operation but not hurt my feelings in the process.

No wonder MLSE is a joke and Tanenbaum is a joke when it comes to MLSE.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Basically what he is saying is we want someone to come in and revamp the entire operation but not hurt my feelings in the process.

I didn't get that at all.
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                  I didn't get that at all.
                  Besides TL's wife not liking winter weather, there has been rumours reported that Tanenbaum did not appreciate the manner in which TL went about telling him and the MLSE board the reasons behind needed changes.

That quote only reinforces those rumours, in my opinion.

He doesn't want someone who calls his bullshit, again, my opinion.

Comment

• Heard on one of the radio shows that the Cassaday (?) guy balked at the last min. on compensation. Ostensibly because of Babcock's deal (who was going to get paid more than him). LOL. These guys are like the clown car with everyone grabbing the wheel on their way down the hill. And what of TL? Obviously he doesn't have anything lined up and glad to get paid. Wish MLSE can reorganize their ownership issues

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

TL has been exactly the medicine MLSE needs. The longer he stays on the better as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        TL has been exactly the medicine MLSE needs. The longer he stays on the better as far as I'm concerned.
                        He is a legend and very well respected in southern California. His name carries a lot of weight and we were lucky he choose us.

Comment

• Why I continue to hope TL stays:

Now he left off Masai's $15M so Raps should be at about $45M.

By the work on my own napkin, that means he owes Raps about another $80-100M to keep things 'fair' within the company.

Comment

Working...
                          X