No announcement yet.

Tim Lieweke leaving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since it was basically a condition on him coming to Toronto that the league give us the 2016 all-star game, I always thought of the end of that season as his likely earliest exit.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      He has a 5 year contract which he is only 1 year in to yet he is committed to season at hand?

Hmmmmmm.

Where there is smoke there is fire.
      Or a bunch of stoners talking out of their asses

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

what he means by "they're sick of him"?????

Leiweke is a brash, obnoxious executive who has years of building and handling billion dollar businesses.

The Staples Center and Anshultz Entertainment Group didn't grow to what it is today with small time thinking.

What has Bell and Rogers done outside their respective monopolies?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Or a bunch of stoners talking out of their asses
          Hahaha, maybe.

But not this time.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Hahaha, maybe.

But not this time.
            I don't know. I'm sure the guy is looking around at opportunities in general. He is an aggressive businessman so nothing would surprise me. I don't know what to think of any rumours at this point, though, and still find myself way more on the skeptical side than believing them.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

It would be pretty funny (and sad) if the most noteworthy accomplishment of his tenure was spending $100 million on two soccer players.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Well in this one he say SEASONS and not SEASON so now I don't know.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Apparently he has a 2 year non compete clause with previous employer in LA. He could go back to LA after this season ("seasons" includes all MLSE teams in my mind). Pure speculation - has he been talking to Ballmer? His family likes SoCal and there's a new billionaire owner in town...
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                        Well in this one he say SEASONS and not SEASON so now I don't know.
                        I believe "the seasons" are plural because of the multiple teams in the MLSE stable.

Comment

@ S.R.

Ballmer & Leiweke...both brash...birds of a feather. Ballmer's secret ambition is really to have a team in Seattle. TL could work on that even though there is competition.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            I believe "the seasons" are plural because of the multiple teams in the MLSE stable.
                            True. Well this sucks
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              @ S.R.

Ballmer & Leiweke...both brash...birds of a feather. Ballmer's secret ambition is really to have a team in Seattle. TL could work on that even though there is competition.
                              Leiweke's dream is an NFL team.

The Clippers aren't going to Seattle.

Ballmer can't own two NBA teams.

My guess is any return to LA is prompted by getting an NFL team there.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                                True. Well this sucks
                                MLSE found Leiweke...they'll find someone else. It would have been worse if MU left. TL has done zilch with the Leafs and marginal with TFC. He must have also been involved with the Bills sale but striking out there as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X