Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocwell wrote: View Post
    why 3? 16 players still left
    My bad. You're right, 16 players still left.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Hopefully Demar makes it!
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Wonder how much Demar playing for a Canadian team improves his chances. FIBA is ratings driven and without a viable Canadian team this year having DD captures at least the 4th largest city in North America. I don't think Mason Plumlee has the same draw.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Wonder how much Demar playing for a Canadian team improves his chances. FIBA is ratings driven and without a viable Canadian team this year having DD captures at least the 4th largest city in North America. I don't think Mason Plumlee has the same draw.
          I would have to think Team USA couldn't care less about that. USA is looking to win; if they think Demar helps them with that, then he'll make it.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
            I would have to think Team USA couldn't care less about that. USA is looking to win; if they think Demar helps them with that, then he'll make it.
            It isn't Team USA. Thats the Olympic team. Cuban dislikes the FIBA World Cup because it really isn't like the Olympic games. Its a profit driven organization that promotes FIBA.

Comment

According to Schumann it will come down to: Irving vs Lillard. DeRozan vs Hayward. Drummond vs Plumlee vs Cousins.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                According to Schumann it will come down to: Irving vs Lillard. DeRozan vs Hayward. Drummond vs Plumlee vs Cousins.
                And Derozan is much better than Hayward so he should make it. Hayward is so extremely overrated. I know he's the better defender but come on.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                  And Derozan is much better than Hayward so he should make it. Hayward is so extremely overrated. I know he's the better defender but come on.
                  And tbh i think derozan improved his D a bit
                  so
                  DeRozan>>>Hayward

any day of the week
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                    yeah but the question isn't who is better in a vacuum, which i agree with you is (probably currently) derozan.

it's who will contribute more of what team USA needs? hayward's the better playmaker and defender. everything DD excels at (volume scoring, getting to the line) durant and harden do X 1000, and one of them should be the first option offensively at all times (which is why i like harden as 6th man).

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
                      yeah but the question isn't who is better in a vacuum, which i agree with you is (probably currently) derozan.

it's who will contribute more of what team USA needs? hayward's the better playmaker and defender. everything DD excels at (volume scoring, getting to the line) durant and harden do X 1000, and one of them should be the first option offensively at all times (which is why i like harden as 6th man).
                      Agreed. But this is where I think Hayward is overrated. To me he isn't THAT good of a playmaker or defender to be ahead of Demar. Stats might say otherwise but I think Hayward's only better than Demar at playmaking and defense by a small margin. Whereas Demar is better than him at probably everything else at a much greater margin.

Comment

If Demar is cut from Team USA and they say his 3 point shooting ability is what cost him the chance, then you can almost guarantee he comes back next season and shoot 40%+ from three. oooh, and his hashtag would have an addition of #Motivation along with his current #ProveEm for all posts during summer on Instagram and twitter.

Comment

Sadly, FIBA didn't care about appealing to Canada when they gave Finland a wildcard spot.

It isn't Team USA. Thats the Olympic team. Cuban dislikes the FIBA World Cup because it really isn't like the Olympic games. Its a profit driven organization that promotes FIBA.
                          Hate to break it to you, but the Olympics (specifically, the International Olympic Committee) is a profit driven organization, too.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                            If Demar is cut from Team USA and they say his 3 point shooting ability is what cost him the chance, then you can almost guarantee he comes back next season and shoot 40%+ from three. oooh, and his hashtag would have an addition of #Motivation along with his current #ProveEm for all posts during summer on Instagram and twitter.
                            Lol very true

Comment

I would like to see Hayward making it as opposed to DeRozan. I know the FIBA experience would be crucial to DeRozan but we can't afford to see him getting injured. I think he needs to be well rested since he played in the Drew League in the summer and that's good enough. He needs to be rested and play some summer pickup games with Ross and the new rookies in Bruno and exchange what need to be addressed with Lowry and the Team Staff to make to the playoff again next year and prove to the league that the Raptors wasn't a fluke of making in the playoff last year. What if and the chances of that is probably slim that DeRozan gets injured like Paul George, what would happen next.

Comment

Jack_Bauer wrote: View Post
                                Sadly, FIBA didn't care about appealing to Canada when they gave Finland a wildcard spot.

Hate to break it to you, but the Olympics (specifically, the International Olympic Committee) is a profit driven organization, too.
                                But Canada is a part of the Olympics without DeRozan FIBA has no Canadian content.

Comment

Working...
                                X