• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah Saric dropped 16 points, 9 rebounds and 6 teeth

Poor guy

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
      When was the continental shift when Turkey became part of Europe?
      Officially, the border of Europe is the Bosphorus. Turkey straddles the straits, so it is in both Europe (where the capital, Istanbul is) and Asia (where the bulk of the landmass is). Turkey has lots of mountains and deserts on its borders with its Asian neighbours, so its natural trade links and relationships are with Europe.

Comment

• I see the FIBA World Cup has an 'efficiency' measure in their stats. I'm not sure exactly how it is calculated.
        http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/2014/playerstats

Jonas Valanciunas is currently sitting #10 in this list. People like Anthony Davis, Faried, Blatche, Deng and Scola are ahead of him. Jonas is also shooting at an 80% clip (12 for 15). One should expect domination like this from an NBA player against teams like Mexico and Angola ... and still ... not bad start.

Comment

• Kuh wrote: View Post
          I see the FIBA World Cup has an 'efficiency' measure in their stats. I'm not sure exactly how it is calculated.
          http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/2014/playerstats

Jonas Valanciunas is currently sitting #10 in this list. People like Anthony Davis, Faried, Blatche, Deng and Scola are ahead of him. Jonas is also shooting at an 80% clip (12 for 15). One should expect domination like this from an NBA player against teams like Mexico and Angola ... and still ... not bad start.
          (points + assists + blocks + steals + fouls on + rebounds) – (turnovers + blocks received + fouls + tech fouls + (2PA - 2PM) + (3PA - 3PM))

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            (points + assists + blocks + steals + fouls on + rebounds) – (turnovers + blocks received + fouls + tech fouls + (2PA - 2PM) + (3PA - 3PM))
            Seems weird that you would lose a point for getting blocked and also for the missed field goal is results in.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Puerto Rico about to lose to Greece

That would make them 0-3
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Spain looks really good..

Comment

no words needed
                  And he was referred to as the "leader" of that team...?

Comment

• We Tha North wrote: View Post
                    Yup.. He also said that his role in this team is to be defensive stopper.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                      Seems weird that you would lose a point for getting blocked and also for the missed field goal is results in.
                      Also: losing a point for committing a foul. Possibly the single stupidest sports-stat-related thing I've seen in my life.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        Also: losing a point for committing a foul. Possibly the single stupidest sports-stat-related thing I've seen in my life.
                        Well, this formula is used as default in FIBA Organizer. I've heard that few foreign leagues use a bit different formulas.
                        Last edited by rocwell; Mon Sep 1, 2014, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Yup.. He also said that his role in this team is to be defensive stopper.
                          Oh yeah, he sure is stopping alright...

Comment

• We Tha North wrote: View Post
                            I like how only after the pass is made he realizes his mistake and starts moving
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I'll take Demar over Harden any day of the week.

Comment

• I dont think Derozan is gonna get serious burn on this squad, but maybe against Spain to get the big in foul trouble and get to the line if Harden is having a bad day
                                Tbh USA practices will be a greater learning experience and will make Demar more mature as a franchise player going forward

Comment

Working...
                                X