FIBA World Cup 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
    I dont think Derozan is gonna get serious burn on this squad, but maybe against Spain to get the big in foul trouble and get to the line if Harden is having a bad day
    Tbh USA practices will be a greater learning experience and will make Demar more mature as a franchise player going forward
    Forsure. He can learn a lot just from going to practices and being around these great players. Also being coached by some of the best coaches in the world doesn't hurt either.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Because Demar isn't going to get much burn in the tournament.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        Forsure. He can learn a lot just from going to practices and being around these great players. Also being coached by some of the best coaches in the world doesn't hurt either.
        I'm hoping the biggest impact from this tournament is being around Thibodeau. Maybe a fresh voice will energize him into giving more work on the defensive end.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I'm hoping the biggest impact from this tournament is being around Thibodeau. Maybe a fresh voice will energize him into giving more work on the defensive end.
          I've noticed that he is giving much more effort on the defensive end in these games than I've seen from him on the Raptors so that's good. Hopefully it carries over because a big part of being a good defender is giving effort.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            I've noticed that he is giving much more effort on the defensive end in these games than I've seen from him on the Raptors so that's good. Hopefully it carries over because a big part of being a good defender is giving effort.
            Is he so bad defensively cos he sucks at that end of because he plays 38 minutes a game?

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
              Is he so bad defensively cos he sucks at that end of because he plays 38 minutes a game?
              I wonder. It could also be because on our team he's the focus on offense so he exerts so much energy there that he takes plays off defensively. I don't know. Cause it seems like when he gives effort he's much better defensively.

Comment

• Turkey's effective use of the zone defense will mean that the USA will be seeing more of that and could have a potential negative effect on Demar's playing time. The nature of DD's game being an iso and slashing game that will have to adapt to the zone.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                  Turkey's effective use of the zone defense will mean that the USA will be seeing more of that and could have a potential negative effect on Demar's playing time. The nature of DD's game being an iso and slashing game that will have to adapt to the zone.
                  USA missed their 3-pointers. It doesn't happen often vs zone defense.

Comment

• Canada is going to be screwed when it comes to qualifying for the 2019 FIBA World Cup.

From Jason Concepcion of Grantland:

As such, the field for the FIBA Basketball World Cup has been increased from 24 to 32. Just like the real World Cup! And in coming years, qualifying windows — in November 2017, February 2018, June 2018, September 2018, November 2018, and February 2019 — will be used to determine which countries get to play in the World Cup and the Olympics. Just like international breaks in soccer in the run-up to the real World Cup!

But wait, don’t all of those dates except for September 2018 fall within the NBA season?

They sure do!

So, how will NBA or college players play in these qualifying tournaments?

Ha-ha, good question!

Does this screw Team USA?

Not at all! As long as Team USA wins the FIBA Basketball World Cup, it qualifies for the Olympics. And as long as Team USA wins the Olympics, it qualifies for the FIBA Basketball World Cup. It’s the circle of winning!
                    Last edited by stretch; Tue Sep 2, 2014, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Canada is going to be screwed when it comes to qualifying for the 2019 FIBA World Cup.

We shouldn't judge this. It's just too early. As long as NBA and FIBA continue to work hand in hand, I believe we'll be just fine.

Comment

Canada is going to be screwed when it comes to qualifying for the 2019 FIBA World Cup.

It's kinda lose lose situation. If the US loses in the Worlds then Canada has to play them in the qualifying tournament.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                          It's kinda lose lose situation. If the US loses in the Worlds then Canada has to play them in the qualifying tournament.
                          It could be worse than that, potentially. Canada with a team of Canadian University players versus the USA which will be a D League all star team. Good luck!

Comment

• What time is the Lithuania game today?
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                              What time is the Lithuania game today?
                              11:30 am, usa game also 11 30

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                11:30 am, usa game also 11 30
                                Thanks
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...