No announcement yet.

Overrated/Underrated teams for upcoming season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if the bulls are overrated per say in just don't know how long it will take them to gel.

D-Rose can't hit a shot against lesser talent at FIBA and is turning the ball over as frequently as JV. What exactly is he going to do against average to good NBA defences? Not to mention the question marks about his health, I don't know what to make of that sitch. For bball quality I hope he's back to MvP form, but as a raps fan I hope he stays healthy but shits the bed mightily.

Pau, as mentioned previously is about as injury prone as they get and with the way Thibs plays his guys, does anyone think he has a chance of playing more than 60 games? If I'm Thibs I start Taj and bring Pau in off the bench, or at the very least make Pau the first sub if he starts.

Mirotic and McBuckets could be good, I don't know. Never seen them play an NBA game so they're no upgrade to anything until I see them play.

And if u look at (what most people would assume to be) their starting line up:

Rose - Hasn't played in 2 years
    Butler - great defender, can't shoot
    McBuckets? - Rookie, maybe good spacer/scorer but how many opportunities will he really get
    Pau - injury prone, seems like a good fit
    Noah - looks like a dirty caveman, but everyone knows what he's about.

Those are some major question marks in the starting line up. But having Thibs as the coach and some good depth I guess should make them EC champs but I don't see it being set in stone like some media say.

The East is wide open this year, tons of change, so it's a great year to see if continuity means anything. Can't wait for the season to start.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
      They definitely have the pieces and the potential to become a great team in the West. It remains to be seen how long it will take for them to figure everything out. They might break out next season like the Suns did this past season, thus accelerating their growth.

Phx started last year with everyone anticipating that they would be a bottom feeder team. Its amazing how quickly that changed in one year.
      Which is why I also thin the Suns are underrated, and I know two teams that will drop immensely in the West thanks not only to them losing players but also due to injuries..... hopefully .
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
        http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...40781&start=40

Look at the Horncats realgm board LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

They are some cocky SOB's

Can't wait till these guys win 40 games and get beat in the 1st round,
        man........................ i crie. SSSooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo COOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKYYYYYYY

now i actually hope we play them in playoffs although they have to be 6th seed unfortunately they deserve 8th seed and 4-0 sweeping from the cavs or bulls for there hurtful comments
        Last edited by .I Can Smell You.; Wed Sep 3, 2014, 08:14 PM.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
          Underrated

Raptors = Underrated by outsides, overrated by some local/loyal fans. This team is a top 4 team at best, however, still not at the stage where they're looking ahead to the Eastern conference finals.

Indiana = No Paul George, no Lance Stephenson. But they still have a very smart, tough-minded head coach, and a solid defensive centre who made the All-Star team thanks to his defensive prowess. Be careful what you think of this team, this is still a team that destroyed half the teams for 3/4 of the season, and still made it to the Eastern Conference finals playing incredibly shitty.

Atlanta = They got Al Horford back, and added depth defensively Sefolosha.

PG: Teague
          SG: Sefolosha
          SF: Korver
          PF: Millsap
          C: Horford.

Seriously, that looks awfully nice.

Heat = Lots of people think they're barely better than half the teams in the league.

Adding Deng, McRoberts, Granger, Shannon Brown is some solid depth to replace one guy who did everything (don't get me wrong, that's like equal to LeBron's leg). Still counting in Chris Bosh who is no longer the pawn, and Wade who is still a threat despite playing on two 80-year old knees. Chalmers and Cole stay put, but Napier was also a solid pick-up.

Overrated

Cleveland = LeBron, Kyrie both need the ball, a lot. Love needs his touches, and two of the big three don't play a slick of defence. I like how much talent they have, but listen to me for a sick.

LeBron needs the ball. Irving needs the ball. Love needs his touches. Waiters can't do anything without the ball. The difference with the Heat, was Wade is a terrific play-maker and player without the ball. Bosh has always been a player that excelled in the pick-&-roll/pop. His style suited everything Wade and LeBron did.

Spurs = They're so overrated at being underrated. They're my bet to win the chip.
          i wouldnt recommend putting the raps on the list of underrated simpily cause it makes it seem like homerism (just reliezed your a mod plz no ban i crie )

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
            Underrated

Raptors = Underrated by outsides, overrated by some local/loyal fans. This team is a top 4 team at best, however, still not at the stage where they're looking ahead to the Eastern conference finals.

Indiana = No Paul George, no Lance Stephenson. But they still have a very smart, tough-minded head coach, and a solid defensive centre who made the All-Star team thanks to his defensive prowess. Be careful what you think of this team, this is still a team that destroyed half the teams for 3/4 of the season, and still made it to the Eastern Conference finals playing incredibly shitty.

Atlanta = They got Al Horford back, and added depth defensively Sefolosha.

PG: Teague
            SG: Sefolosha
            SF: Korver
            PF: Millsap
            C: Horford.

Seriously, that looks awfully nice.

Heat = Lots of people think they're barely better than half the teams in the league.

Adding Deng, McRoberts, Granger, Shannon Brown is some solid depth to replace one guy who did everything (don't get me wrong, that's like equal to LeBron's leg). Still counting in Chris Bosh who is no longer the pawn, and Wade who is still a threat despite playing on two 80-year old knees. Chalmers and Cole stay put, but Napier was also a solid pick-up.

Overrated

Cleveland = LeBron, Kyrie both need the ball, a lot. Love needs his touches, and two of the big three don't play a slick of defence. I like how much talent they have, but listen to me for a sick.

LeBron needs the ball. Irving needs the ball. Love needs his touches. Waiters can't do anything without the ball. The difference with the Heat, was Wade is a terrific play-maker and player without the ball. Bosh has always been a player that excelled in the pick-&-roll/pop. His style suited everything Wade and LeBron did.

Spurs = They're so overrated at being underrated. They're my bet to win the chip.

I agree with you overall.

But with the Pacers, they have lost Stephenson and George. Stephenson was such an important piece in their offence last year, he made everything flow by creating shots for others. Paul George was their leading scorer, and without him, they will be lacking on the offensive end. They haven't really found any replacements for either of the two aforementioned players.

I agree with you about their team defence. I think that they will be fighting for a lower tier playoff spot, so long as their players step up and play with the same level of consistency with which they played at last season. (Especially like the pre-trade deadline Pacers, they looked like they were undoubtably heading to the Finals)

Agreed about the Hawks, definitely a top 4 seed if healthy. We're all looking at Al Horford.

The Heat are definitely still quite deep and have added some great pieces in the wake of losing Lebron.
            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Underrated:

Raptors
              Hornets
              Pelicans
              Nuggets

Overrated:

Heat
              Rockets
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Eastern Conference
                Atlanta Hawks - Overrated - The Hawks will mostly likely remain at where they are last year, not much change other than adding Thabo + rookie Adriean Payne. Playoff bound though.

Boston Celtics - Underrated - The Celtics added Evan Turner + rookie Marcus Smart. I see them as an interesting team to watch beside another year of Avery Bradley + Sullinger + Rondo should make this team a darkhorse when playoff comes along

Brooklyn Nets - ? - Doesnt matter if they are overrated or underrated, I see the team on a big decline since last year by loosing Paul Pierce and backup PG in Livingston. Garnett is a year older and close to retirement. Deron and JJ are the last two pieces of this franchise that's worth watching for.

Charlotte Bobcats - Underrated - The Bobcats got better by adding Lance Stephenson + rookie Noah Vonleh + PJ Hairston.

Chicago Bulls - Underrated - The Bulls with a healthy Rose is dangerous and getting rid Boozer for Gasol instantly make this team better. Rookie Doug McDermott will showcase the team that he should've been a top 4 pick.

Cleveland Cavs - Overrated - Why I say the Cavs is overrated is because of the hype of LBJ + Love. Their chemistry need to be tested and with Irving running in one leg, the Cavs do have multiple scoring threats but how well will the team checkout or balance out with the rest of the teams in the Eastern Conference, only time will tell.

Detroit Pistons - Overrated - The hype of Andre Drummond says he will make this team a playoff team by the end of upcoming season is too much. They will be back in the lottery, heck even win the 1st overall pick by next year so they can grab one of E.Mudiay or Okafor

Indiana Pacers - ? - Underrated or Overrated, doesn't matter. With Paul George injured before FIBA and the uncertainty of the team direction, I see the Pacers to be slightly underrated team and will hit the lottery.

Miami Heat - Overrated - Even LBJ gone, many have circulated that the Heat will form a new trio in Wade-Deng-Bosh. Deng is no LBJ and I don't see how Bosh himself will make this team any better while Wade, let's hope he stays healthy for a 82 game season. At least, they got an interesting rookie in S.Napier

Milwaukee Bucks - Underrated - Giannis Adetoukompo is good so is rookie Jabari Parker, both have demonstrated their abilities in the summer league. The Bucks will be a slightly better team than last year.

New York Knicks - Overrated - The Knicks haven't add that much pieces in the offseason other than Calderon and Dalembart. Carmelo Anthony by getting a big fat paycheck doesn't mean much.

Orlando Magic -Underrated - This team would be fun to watch with E.Payton running the show (possibly winning ROY) while dishing assists to Aaron Gordan and Victor Oladipo. The team is already underrated from last year as we see a glimpse of rising in Oladipo and Vucevic.

Philly 76ers - Overrated - MCW is good but not that good, a healthy Nerlens Noel should make this team interesting to watch but loosing Thad Young will hurt this team, they are the real 2 years from being 2 years away from contention in the East

Toronto Raptors - Underrated - The Raptors are sincerely underrated by many ESPN forecasters us being 4th or 5th seed in this upcoming season. I see the Raptors making a 2nd or 3rd spot and win the Atlantic Division again this year. By adding some key arsenals like Lou Williams and James Johnson shall make this team a force to be recon with. Our backup Center is addressed by adding Greg Stiesma.

Washington Wizards - Overrated - Oh they got Paul Pierce, an aging Pierce running on one leg won't do much damage to other team. They will still utilize more on John Wall and Bradley Beal.

Western Conference
                Dallas Mavs - Underrated - They got Chandler Parson who will replace Matrix and become their go-to-scorer along with Nowitzki. The Mavs got slightly better defensively by adding Tyson Chandler. The only question is who will run the point, Devin Harris, ugh. Raymond Felton, yucky or their rookie PG whoever he is.

Denver Nuggets - Underrated - One word, The Manimal. Kenneth Faried is a beast in FIBA and each year he will improve. By adding rookie Gary Harris and Aaron Affalo, this team just got better and better.

Golden State Warriors - Overrated - The team hasn't changed much and Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson may be the best dynamic backcourt in the NBA but the West just keep on getting better, I see the Warriors remain the same like last year.

Houston Rockets - Underrated - This is Harden-DH12 team, all others are supporting casts. Loosing Jeremy Lin and Chandler Parson may hurt this team on the short run but adding Trevor Ariza helps this team defensively.

LA Clippers - Underrated - The Clippers got better by adding backup C Spencer Hawes and Udoh

LA Lakers - Overrated - The Lakers are all hype with returning of Kobe and signing of Jeremy Lin. Loosing Gasol will hurt this team by a large margin. Julius Randle need at least three years before he become a superstar of a PF which means Boozer will get the starting PF for a few years to come.

Memphis Grizzlies - Underrated - Many have shunned this team as they haven't improve that much since last year. Randolph is still a forceful PF and Gasol is just that good, adding Vince really helps this team.

Minnesota Timberwolves - Underrated - This team will be fun to watch with both Wiggins and LaVine at the 2-3 spot while Bennnet and Young will compete for the starting PF spot. Night in Night out, we will see Rubio handling the rock to LaVine and Wiggins, omg!

New Orleans Hornets - Underrated - Anthony Davis is the next MVP in line and he has proven on and off the court along with FIBA 2014. They also acquired Asik who would provide that interior D for the team.

Oklahoma City Thunder - Overrated - Kevin Durant is good but the rest of the team is on a decline

Portland Trailblazers - Overrated - LMA is great but the rest of the team is on a decline

Phoenix Suns - Underrated - If the Suns managed to resign Eric Bledsoe, the team would be so much better than last year beside they just acquired Isaiah Thomas.

Sacramento Kings - Overrated - Ben McLemore or Nik Stauskas, both are too good to not start for an NBA team let alone a bad NBA team like the Kings.

San Antonio Spurs - ? - Meh, not much change since last year, a very capable of a team winning another championship

Utah Jazz - Underrated - The Jazz are moving up the conference year after year, Derrick Favors is a beast down low, Kanter improves year after year and by acquiring Dante Exum, this team should be fun to watch.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  Underrated:

Raptors
                  Hornets
                  Pelicans
                  Nuggets

Overrated:

Heat
                  Rockets
                  People are overrating the Heat? Lol
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Overrated:

Hawks - Atlanta is one of those teams that got listed as underrated so often that they eventually become overrated. Yes, they were third in the East last season before Horford went down but they were never more than 3 games over .500 at any point. Don't get me wrong, I think they're a solid back end playoff seed but that's no different than what they've been the last few years.

Suns - The team played way over it's head last season from beginning to end, and I think they'd have a hard time replicating the success this upcoming season regardless of whether they brought back the same team or not. Throw in the uncertainty of the Bledsoe situation hanging over the team's head - and the chance that they might lose him altogether before the season begins - and I don't think they sniff the playoffs this year.

Rockets - Lost some key depth in Lin and Asik, and replaced Parsons with Ariza which I consider a step backwards as well. Team chemistry can also be questioned after Howard and Harden had a few sound bites over the summer that rubbed teammates the wrong way.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      Same team but with Tyler Zeller, Evan Turner, Marcus Thornton and Marcus Smart. Older Sullinger, Olynyk, Bradley.

Healthier Rondo and Green, probably even Wallace.
                      You're really overrating them. Zeller is awful, Turner has no identity in this league, Thornton is a move-across league scorer, and Smart is still a question mark. Rondo and Green are the only guys I will identify as proven talent on the Celtics.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                      X