No announcement yet.

Overrated/Underrated teams for upcoming season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underrated: anthony Bennet and Tyrone Wiggans!

Overrated: Tom Leiweke

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Well, it's largely the same team as last year, where they won 25 games. Don't know if they're being underrated. At best if everything falls into place for them, maybe they compete for the playoffs. I see them as a 25-35 win team.
      Same team but with Tyler Zeller, Evan Turner, Marcus Thornton and Marcus Smart. Older Sullinger, Olynyk, Bradley.

Healthier Rondo and Green, probably even Wallace.

Comment

Bulls are overrated as hell.
        "Masai WILL win us a championship"
        - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          Boston Celtics are really underrated IMO. Everybody see them in the 12-15 rank, but their team is pretty deep.

Rondo/Smart/Pressey
          Bradley/Thornton/Bogans
          Green/Turner/Wallace
          Sullinger/Bass/Olynyk
          Zeller/Faverani/Anthony

DOPE TEAM

I see the Celtics in the 12-15 range because thats as low as we can rate them. They are only better than the Sixer's who really aren't trying this year... again. The league should fine Hinkie for conduct unbecoming a professional sports franchise.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
            Underrated: Phoenix Suns

This is the one team that no one is talking about. I feel the Blazers are going to drop, as are the Mavs (Too many old guys and losing Jose will hurt big time) and the Rockets (Losing Lin is like us w/o GV). The Suns may have lost Frye, but Dragic is highly underrated as a PG, and adding Ennis will only help this team grow.

Overrated: Houston Rockets

Harden and D12. Besides those 2 guys, who does this team have? Do you really expect Beverely to take a giant leap forward? I don't think so.

Underrated: Minnesota Timberwolves

Yes, folks. This is my sleeper team of the West. Why? They have a young core all around, and this team may mesh rather quickly. I know that Bennet struggles lat season, but giving him time with Young will strengthen his game. Rubio is a assist machine, and having both Wiggins and Gorgui Dieng running the floor together will give this team a bigger lift than people think. I believe they won the Love trade, not Cleveland.

I agree overall, but for the T'Wolves, everything depends on the type of production they get from their core of young players. I think that Thad Young is a terrific player who can (to an extent) play in Kevin Love's shoes, and they are indeed still deep at the 5 spot with Pekovic and Dieng.

If Rubio can raise his shooting % to a more efficient number (~45%), he can help create better looks for his corps of young shooters surrounding him. Him and Wiggins+ Lavine will be tremendous on the defensive end, and will be a nuisance for opposing guards.

Overall, I would love to see the T'Wolves earn a playoff berth.
            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

I pretty strongly disagree with the T'Wolves being underrated. They're in the West, just got a lot younger and lost their best player. It took 49 wins just to make the playoffs in the West last year. They're not going anywhere.

Comment

I pretty strongly disagree with the T'Wolves being underrated. They're in the West, just got a lot younger and lost their best player. It took 49 wins just to make the playoffs in the West last year. They're not going anywhere.
                they are not going anything this season but their future is as bright as any team in the league. I see them becoming somewhat of an OKC style team foundation very soon.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                  they are not going anything this season but their future is as bright as any team in the league. I see them becoming somewhat of an OKC style team foundation very soon.
                  But that's irrelevant in this conversation. Can't starting rating teams by where we think they'll be in a few years when every team will experience lots of change in that time. The thread was created to focus on this upcoming season, so that's what I'll focus on.

I fully agree the Wolves have a bright future. Think they still need to figure some things out, but they have lots of youth and athleticism, and that's never a bad start.

Comment

But that's irrelevant in this conversation. Can't starting rating teams by where we think they'll be in a few years when every team will experience lots of change in that time. The thread was created to focus on this upcoming season, so that's what I'll focus on.

I fully agree the Wolves have a bright future. Think they still need to figure some things out, but they have lots of youth and athleticism, and that's never a bad start.
                    Alright, ill take my irrelevant 2 cents back. LOL

Comment

They definitely have the pieces and the potential to become a great team in the West. It remains to be seen how long it will take for them to figure everything out. They might break out next season like the Suns did this past season, thus accelerating their growth.

Phx started last year with everyone anticipating that they would be a bottom feeder team. Its amazing how quickly that changed in one year.
                      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...40781&start=40

Look at the Horncats realgm board LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

They are some cocky SOB's

Can't wait till these guys win 40 games and get beat in the 1st round,
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...40781&start=40

Look at the Horncats realgm board LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

They are some cocky SOB's

Can't wait till these guys win 40 games and get beat in the 1st round,
                          One posted said he hops the Hornets meet the Raps in the first round and that we're delusional and cocky and that he wants us knocked off our pedestal... Hahaha
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Underrated

Raptors = Underrated by outsides, overrated by some local/loyal fans. This team is a top 4 team at best, however, still not at the stage where they're looking ahead to the Eastern conference finals.

Indiana = No Paul George, no Lance Stephenson. But they still have a very smart, tough-minded head coach, and a solid defensive centre who made the All-Star team thanks to his defensive prowess. Be careful what you think of this team, this is still a team that destroyed half the teams for 3/4 of the season, and still made it to the Eastern Conference finals playing incredibly shitty.

Atlanta = They got Al Horford back, and added depth defensively Sefolosha.

PG: Teague
                            SG: Sefolosha
                            SF: Korver
                            PF: Millsap
                            C: Horford.

Seriously, that looks awfully nice.

Heat = Lots of people think they're barely better than half the teams in the league.

Adding Deng, McRoberts, Granger, Shannon Brown is some solid depth to replace one guy who did everything (don't get me wrong, that's like equal to LeBron's leg). Still counting in Chris Bosh who is no longer the pawn, and Wade who is still a threat despite playing on two 80-year old knees. Chalmers and Cole stay put, but Napier was also a solid pick-up.

Overrated

Cleveland = LeBron, Kyrie both need the ball, a lot. Love needs his touches, and two of the big three don't play a slick of defence. I like how much talent they have, but listen to me for a sick.

LeBron needs the ball. Irving needs the ball. Love needs his touches. Waiters can't do anything without the ball. The difference with the Heat, was Wade is a terrific play-maker and player without the ball. Bosh has always been a player that excelled in the pick-&-roll/pop. His style suited everything Wade and LeBron did.

Spurs = They're so overrated at being underrated. They're my bet to win the chip.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                              One posted said he hops the Hornets meet the Raps in the first round and that we're delusional and cocky and that he wants us knocked off our pedestal... Hahaha
                              The Horncats caught us a bad time last season but I wanna beat the crap outta these guys more than any other team

These guys are relying on Al Jefferson who is injury prone and will eventually start to fade in the coming years and once he does it's over for them because nobody can score
                              MKG is still uselss on offense
                              Kemba shoots less then 40% from the field
                              Lance is a good player but he's a head case
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                The Horncats caught us a bad time last season but I wanna beat the crap outta these guys more than any other team

These guys are relying on Al Jefferson who is injury prone and will eventually start to fade in the coming years and once he does it's over for them because nobody can score
                                MKG is still uselss on offense
                                Kemba shoots less then 40% from the field
                                Lance is a good player but he's a head case
                                Oh me too, I'm so not cool with the fact that they swept us last years lol
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X