Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Raptors will improve the most {2014-2015} (poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Raptors will improve the most {2014-2015} (poll)

I say Demar because of the Team USA experience but a close second will be JV and Tross
    Demar DeRozan
    12.00%
    Jonas V.
    44.00%
    Terrence Ross
    36.00%
    OTHER (Comment Below)
    8.00%
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

It looks as if right now it is JV, that no hesitation move and bigger frame should help him to reach the next level.

Demar looks like he figured things out how to maximize his potential. I am actually not worrying about him.

With Ross its a toss up because he got the skills but the rest is all in his head.

Comment

I have a feeling Ross is really going to get his shit together next season. Offensively and Defensively.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Landry Fields. I don't have a reason to, but I'm just hopeful for the guy. He was a great player in his rookie season and it wasn't for tyreke evans reasons ..... If he did comeback to a little bit of a usable state he's better than JJ.

But otherwise it has to be TRoss ... really have high hopes for him this year as comparison to last year when I thought he was a total fluke

Comment

I want to vote for Fields as well. He really has no where to go but up.

I love Ross, but I will be surprised if he makes that leap this year. He doesn't appear to me to have that killer instinct. What does that mean? Nothing really.. It's just my gut telling me things. For what it's worth, I hope I'm embarrassingly wrong about him.

Comment

Garbo wrote: View Post
            I want to vote for Fields as well. He really has no where to go but up.

I love Ross, but I will be surprised if he makes that leap this year. He doesn't appear to me to have that killer instinct. What does that mean? Nothing really.. It's just my gut telling me things. For what it's worth, I hope I'm embarrassingly wrong about him.
            Don't worry I'm very skeptical about Ross as well. He has all the tools but it's his heart and his mind that worry me. I don't see the killer instinct in Ross either but I'm hoping I end up being wrong as well. He just seems to be very mentally weak and that needs to improve.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I know it's a bit of a bias, but my expectation of an athlete really drops when I find out that their biggest hobby is video games. I think I remember hearing that about Ross one time, and that's likely when I started doubting his potential. I just can't imagine Kobe, MJ or Magic sitting on their couch and mindlessly escaping into some fantasy world for hours at a time.

Again, I know it's a huge bias, and I've heard there are studies that show how video games can positively impact your motor skills, but to me it just reminds me of escapism. The truly mentally strong people in this world don't have to escape. They dig in.

I know this is nonsense by the way, but I'm calling my bias what it is, and I'm explaining why I'm stuck with it.

Comment

Realistically I think it will be DeRozan. His improvements may not be as evident from an individual statistics perspective, but I think the exposure of last year's playoffs and Allstar game, paired with his selection to the USA FIBA squad will really help him assume his role as the alpha dog on the squad. From what I've seen in his limited minutes so far for team USA, he's improved his handle a bit and his ability to distribute.

I have high hopes for T-Ross, but I tend to agree with other people's assessment that he lacks the "killer instinct". Is this necessarily a negative thing? Not really. He seems to know his role with the team, and has been working hard this summer to improve. Saw a few clips of him on Gilbert Arenas' instagram, and, for what its worth, Terrence seemed to be driving hard at the basket, taking advantage of guys playin close on him because of his shot.

Obviously JV will have improved significantly as well, but I think his improvements will go unnoticed as long as the Raptors continue to run their offense from the perimeter. Hopefully the offense consists of more dump in's to JV this year, letting the big man do some work!

Comment

Rank by improvement from last year.

1) JV - look for him to turn into dominant status
                  2) TBoss - Adding drives to his arsenal will help improve his scoring.
                  3) DD - huge season last year, look to improve and be consistent (not a knock on him at all, but it's hard to make a huge jump from an all star season)

On a more serious note, the most improved will be the mascot. Looking forward to more highlights from him after an injury plagued season.
                  Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
                  Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
                  Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

Comment

Working...
                  X