Raptors have signed Greg Stiemsma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    No? How exactly did we trade Novak then?
    Novak has value. He can shoot threes. Fields has very little value. Salmons was signed for 2 mil because of defence and shooting. Aminu is worth 1 mil and Fields is worth less. A 8mil
    non-shooter will cost a first.

Comment

why would we trade a 2nd round pick just to move Fields when he has an expiring contract?

made sense with novak since he has multiple years left. Even if we did move Fields it's not like it gives us cap space. If we want him off the roster that badly we should just waive him but id rather keep the expiring to use in a trade later on maybe.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Novak has value. He can shoot threes. Fields has very little value. Salmons was signed for 2 mil because of defence and shooting. Aminu is worth 1 mil and Fields is worth less. A 8mil
        His contract is not 8 it is 6.2

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
          If you think for a second that Utah actually wanted Novak for his shooting, you are delusional.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            His contract is not 8 it is 6.2
            His cap hit is $6.25m

He will be paid $8.75m

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
              Does this guy have mental health issues?

LOL Im curious to see what happens when him and Hansbrough will share the floor together.
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
                why would we trade a 2nd round pick just to move Fields when he has an expiring contract?

made sense with novak since he has multiple years left. Even if we did move Fields it's not like it gives us cap space. If we want him off the roster that badly we should just waive him but id rather keep the expiring to use in a trade later on maybe.
                I agree with this. Fields' contract expires this year. If anything, the Raptors can retain it for the season then let him walk in the offseason. He makes an intriguing and solid trade piece as well, mostly due to his expiring contract and also partially due to his defensive prowess and him being a smart player overall.

We don't have any second round picks until 2017 anyways.
                Last edited by YoungGunRaptor; Sun Sep 7, 2014, 01:14 PM.
                I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

I am quite excited for the James Johnson, Tyler Hansbrough, Greg Stiemsa lineup. There will be no
                  survivors

edit: Add Lowry to the mix and Fields just for his pesky defense...not a single basket will be scored on either end
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    His cap hit is $6.25m

He will be paid $8.75m
                    Yes.

Almost. $8.525M.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hey if Fields shows an improving jump shot (even a mid-range here there), ability to shoot free throws, I will keep him on the team, let his shot develop just to re-sign him for a really cheap deal

Then, he can become our 4th wingman on the depth chart

Comment

• Our bench looks nasty guys:

GV
                        Lou Williams/Landry Fields
                        James Johnson/Bruno
                        Tyler Hansbrough
                        Greg Steisma/Bebe

That gives us a 13 man roster for the season, which is perfect IMO. Can't wait for the season to start badly.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          Our bench looks nasty guys:

GV
                          Lou Williams/Landry Fields
                          James Johnson/Bruno
                          Tyler Hansbrough
                          Greg Steisma/Bebe

That gives us a 13 man roster for the season, which is perfect IMO. Can't wait for the season to start badly.
                          You forgot Will Cherry and Chuck Hayes
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• I think they'll get cut sadly...... and I don't think we need them to be honest. Unless you want a 15 man roster..... which would be the max but would be difficult to place out minutes for players.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• You forgot Patrick Patterson, unless I missed something.

Comment

• Yeah, and Amir...... my bad.
                                Axel wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Working...
                                X