Chuck Hayes + Landry Fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    As I've said, for one reason or the other, it has not been apparent in Toronto but Landry IMO has earned the reputation of being a reliable defender and a decent scorer who when/if necessary can also play at PF.
    Everything to do with Landry Fields depends on whether or not he has made any progress with his shooting. Has the extra time since last March/April allowed rehabilitation and improved shooting? If yes. then he is definitely a trade chip...but if his shooting has improved, then maybe the Raps want him on the floor. If his shootingnhas improved and the injury healed, or at least improved, he could possibly be resigned for a lot less than his current salary, and probably at less than market value because of concerns.

Under that scenario (improved shooting and under market value) I want him on the team. The Raps need several "under market value" players so they can afford to pay more for all-stars, to get to where they want to be.

Comment

Trade Landry, but keep Hayes. Hayes has a good repoir with Lowry, and provides a good, veteran presence for young bigs like JV and Bebe. Plus, there are going to be times where JV's inexperience is being exploited by opposing vet bigs and Hayes is handy at times like that.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        Everything to do with Landry Fields depends on whether or not he has made any progress with his shooting. Has the extra time since last March/April allowed rehabilitation and improved shooting? If yes. then he is definitely a trade chip...but if his shooting has improved, then maybe the Raps want him on the floor. If his shootingnhas improved and the injury healed, or at least improved, he could possibly be resigned for a lot less than his current salary, and probably at less than market value because of concerns.

Under that scenario (improved shooting and under market value) I want him on the team. The Raps need several "under market value" players so they can afford to pay more for all-stars, to get to where they want to be.
        If he's made progress and returns to form he will be good but at this point, Raps. will be better off trading him. Considering he is in the final year of his contract and teams will most probably show interest, Raps. should take advantage.

I agree that "under value" players are good to have so cap room is created and Masai has shown the inclination and ability to sign such players or even trade for them.
        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
        X