No announcement yet.

Thon Maker might become a Canadian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#MakeitMaker2016 #TankForMaker #KickUSAsAss2024FIBA #HashtagsAreLame #WhyAmIEvenDoingThis
    Last edited by mike, prague; Fri Sep 5, 2014, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Another great prospect (though very far away). Cool
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
        Never heard of the Athlete Institute before today though Jamal Murray is familiar to me.

http://www.athleteinstitute.ca/basketballacademy
        I know there small forward, he's a good friend
        I use to play ball with him like everyday and he's amazing
        This team with him Marker and Jamal will be a crazy good team, might even give some american teams a challenge
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
          I don't know what this means. I don't actually think he's being anti-Canada.
          Chris Mannix is an idiot. Durant and Garnett both switched high schools numerous times. It's completely normal.
          Not at all sure how its "bad" for him.

Comment

Dude wants a Canadian citizenship. and make it three Canadians in a row for #1 draft pick, I'm cool with that.

Comment

Man this guy can do everything, When he reaches his potential he's going to be scary.

Comment

If he's trying to bypass the NCAA route, then I say good for him. NCAA is second only to FIFA in sports scumbaggery.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                  Dude wants a Canadian citizenship. and make it three Canadians in a row for #1 draft pick, I'm cool with that.
                  If Thon reclassifies to graduate with the class of 2015, then he would not be eligible until the 2016 NBA draft. It takes 3 years of being a permanent resident to apply for citizenship.

Comment

If Thon reclassifies to graduate with the class of 2015, then he would not be eligible until the 2016 NBA draft. It takes 3 years of being a permanent resident to apply for citizenship.
                    But I think you only need 2 years of international High School ball to be considered "International". I believe. Or maybe its 2-or-less in USA... Not sure.

Comment

If this kid became a Canadian we would probably have the brightest future out of any non-US international team. We'd be like the OKC of young international talent (before they traded Harden).

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        If this kid became a Canadian we would probably have the brightest future out of any non-US international team. We'd be like the OKC of young international talent (before they traded Harden).
                        Imagine if countries were allowed to trade players :-)

Comment

It's a puzzle why Thon would want Canadian citizenship. Maybe it's because Canadians don't pay much attention to FIBA tournaments and he would be able to duck those off season commitments without much notice as a Canuck.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                            Imagine if countries were allowed to trade players :-)
                            Just players? I'd love to trade Obama for Putin and Harper for Kim Jong.

It's a puzzle why Thon would want Canadian citizenship. Maybe it's because Canadians don't pay much attention to FIBA tournaments and he would be able to duck those off season commitments without much notice as a Canuck.
                            Do we actually have different citizenship laws for sport stars? Can Harper expedite application due applicant value to Canada?

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Just players? I'd love to trade Obama for Putin and Harper for Kim Jong.

Do we actually have different citizenship laws for sport stars? Can Harper expedite application due applicant value to Canada?
                              One can fast track to Canadian citizenship as a member of the Canadian Armed Forces. That's it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizen...med-forces.asp

Comment

Found this in Citizenship Act:

(4) Despite any other provision of this Act, the Minister may, in his or her discretion, grant citizenship to any person to alleviate cases of special and unusual hardship or to reward services of an exceptional value to Canada.

Comment

Working...
                                X