Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will casey play as tight a rotation as last year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

007 wrote: View Post
    I don't think he'll get all of Salmons minutes, I think JJ will get some of them.
    Six of one and a half dozen of the other.

I allocated minutes in previous post based on 240 minutes per game to go around.

Williams, in my opinion, will play about 20 minutes per game on average.

JJ shouldn't be playing more than 15 minutes per game unless it to neutralize a specific match up such as a large SG/SF. He'll play most at SF but some should come at PF too.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      The rotation should not be too tight for two reasons:

1) Depth: the team has it.
      2) Less competitive games: if the Raps really are going to take a step up, they need to stop playing down to their opponent.

Lowry and DeRozan need their minutes lowered. Last year's per game totals are too much in my opinion. It is only asking for trouble come playoff time and as their careers progress.

If the above 1) and 2) is done, I'd like to see something like this:

PG: Lowry 31, GV 22
      SG: DeRozan 33, Williams 20
      SF: Ross 28, JJ 10

PF: Amir 26, PP 26, JJ 5
      C: JV 30, Bebe/Hayes* <10

*Stiemsma is not guaranteed

Obviously injuries, fouls, and matchups would make game to game different but above is on average for core guys. Fields/Bro/Bruno/Cherry-Hamilton/one of Bebe-Hayes unlikely to get much burn with out blowouts or injuries.

Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out. Every year the roster is getting more and more tailored to the "players" Casey consistently asks for.

**EDIT: FOrgot about the SMALL BALL!**
      I like the way you distributed minutes. That's more or less how I would expect it. It'll basically be a rotation where most nights 9 guys will get 15+ minutes, with the 9th usually being JJ. There might be some nights where a 4th big does instead.

Still expect another year of JV/Amir/Pat as a mostly 3 big rotation. There might be a small amount of minutes there for one of Bebe/Hayes/Hansbrough, but that's about it. Matchups will probably determine which one. And it may take a while for Bebe to earn Casey's confidence. Not knocking on Casey, just mean because any rookie can struggle to figure things out, and we have no clue what Bebe's learning curve will look like. That could work out though, if Hansbrough thus gets more minutes in the first half of the season to showcase him for potential trades.

*I also really like that no one in there is averaging more than 33 mpg. Guys are hopefully healthy and fresher for the playoffs. And it helps with general style of play. If we want to be a team that outworks and outhustles the opponent, helps if legs are always fresher.
      Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Sep 9, 2014, 05:32 PM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I like the way you distributed minutes. That's more or less how I would expect it. It'll basically be a rotation where most nights 9 guys will get 15+ minutes, with the 9th usually being JJ. There might be some nights where a 4th big does instead.

Still expect another year of JV/Amir/Pat as a mostly 3 big rotation. There might be a small amount of minutes there for one of Bebe/Hayes/Hansbrough, but that's about it. Matchups will probably determine which one. And it may take a while for Bebe to earn Casey's confidence. Not knocking on Casey, just mean because any rookie can struggle to figure things out, and we have no clue what Bebe's learning curve will look like. That could work out though, if Hansbrough thus gets more minutes in the first half of the season to showcase him for potential trades.

*I also really like that no one in there is averaging more than 33 mpg. Guys are hopefully healthy and fresher for the playoffs. And it helps with general style of play. If we want to be a team that outworks and outhustles the opponent, helps if legs are always fresher.
        Good point.

Said it before but I think he is most likely to be traded and has the most value (unfortunately the most is still not too much).

Comment

I think Coach listens to his assistants so, who plays and sits will be based on between game/in-game match ups and also who the assistants believe should be rewarded/demoted.

Comment

Having Loulou and JJ to take some pressure off Ross and Demar is going to loosen up the rotations for the guards, and has officially made Landry the towel boy. Not sure what's gonna happen with the bigs rotation, though.
            Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

ScottBaird wrote: View Post
              Having Loulou and JJ to take some pressure off Ross and Demar is going to loosen up the rotations for the guards, and has officially made Landry the towel boy. Not sure what's gonna happen with the bigs rotation, though.
              Nobody knows what happens with Landry until they see what has happened with his rehab. Everything is speculation until then. If he comes bask "cured" then he is contesting for starter minutes.

Comment

Dont fool youselves guys, DD will play at least 35 MPG.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                  Dont fool youselves guys, DD will play at least 35 MPG.
                  He probably will.

Last season he played 38 per game.

But with such a deep bench and aspirations beyond mid-April, he shouldn't.

Comment

if LouLou is back to resembling a weapon off the bench, I could see Vasquez's minutes dropping.

Vasquez was used in both backup PG and SG minutes last year (thus the dreaded Lowry/Vasquez backcourt). But he could be reduced to just backup PG minutes this time.

Comment

Honestly, even getting DD down to 34-35 MPG would be a big step in the right direction. Nevermind the 32-33 he should be playing on a deep team (until the playoffs hit).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DD is gonna play at least 35MPG next year
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Casey will still drive everyone crazy with his substitution patterns that I guarantee it.

Comment

Guys, especially with all the articles about sleep issues, and more back-to-backs expect and respect the fact that the team will rest DD, Lowry, Amir and Jonas a lot next season. It might cost us some games, but we were ridiculously healthy last year and it would be foolish to expect the same next season. We are playing for a long play-off run not a regular season championship. DD needs the rest, so that he can exert more energy on defense and so that he makes less mental mistakes on offense. Amir and Lowry are warriors who play with banged-up bodies that we need to have healthy for the post-season. Val plays a lot in the off-season and he needs to have his legs under him, to get down the court and move his feet on defense.

I expect Amir and Jonas to average under 30 minutes a game. And Lowry's and DD's minutes are heavily dependant on Ross's development. The more Ross can play with Vazquez, the more needed rest DD and Lowry can get.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                              ...Lowry's and DD's minutes are heavily dependent on Ross's development. The more Ross can play with Vazquez, the more needed rest DD and Lowry can get.
                              Agree with this. I think Williams might have an impact as well. Can Williams and Vasques play together? For short minutes? Can JJ play at the three for short minutes? There are a lot of (relatively) interchangeable parts on the Raptors this year.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                if LouLou is back to resembling a weapon off the bench, I could see Vasquez's minutes dropping.

Vasquez was used in both backup PG and SG minutes last year (thus the dreaded Lowry/Vasquez backcourt). But he could be reduced to just backup PG minutes this time.
                                Yep, tie Lou's level of play to DeMar's minutes as well. Hopefully a decrease in DeRozan's minutes leads to a bump in FG%.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X