New Website Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beagle wrote: View Post
    That's not what I see. I get no sidebar at all, just gigantic photos that must be scrolled down through until I finally see some headlines and links. (I'm using Firefox 32.0.1 with Windows 7. )

I am no fan of the latest trend in Websites using lots of backdrop photos. Functionality is more important. I visit sites for information, not scenery. I like menus and links above the fold on the top page. The old RR design was fine. The new one seems gratuitously opaque to me. I can access the hidden dropdown menu above the fold, but then would need to click on each section and return to the top page to look for new content - or else do a lot of scrolling down through photos that are actually bigger than my screen.

Maybe the results are different on different browsers. Wait a minute - it's true. The site looks much better when I use Chrome to view it. I can see some actual layout! And it looks very nice. I hope you can make it work the same for all browsers.
    I had the same issue.. my personal desktop PC shows the mobile version of the site on my Firefox browser.. and I really didn't like it.. until I realized that my work PC doesn't have that problem (and I use that way more when on RR so I'm fine with it).

Probably some caching issue that is causing the mobile version to show up. I wish there was a link that you could use to get the 'full site'. But at home I'll just use Chrome so it's not a big deal.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      I had the same issue.. my personal desktop PC shows the mobile version of the site on my Firefox browser.. and I really didn't like it.. until I realized that my work PC doesn't have that problem (and I use that way more when on RR so I'm fine with it).

Probably some caching issue that is causing the mobile version to show up. I wish there was a link that you could use to get the 'full site'. But at home I'll just use Chrome so it's not a big deal.
      OK, this issue has been fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Comment

Yeah, it's better for me today too. Whatever was done helped a lot. A lot less scrolling now (though I still liked having the options at the right side of the old front page). And really now the only part that confuses me is the "features" part...seems to take up way too much space for so little content (especially since at least some of the stories will be in the above section as well).

Comment

Great upgrade, really liking it! One thing though ... whenever I try to access the website I have to enter a captcha which is annoying me like crazy to put it nicely ... think anything could be done about that?

PS: If you peronally made the new webpage design Arse, great job and thanks!

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            I'll fix this at some point and go back to the older font.
            I think it'd be cool to use the new font on the baseline. Or even the 'We The North' font.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
              I think it'd be cool to use the new font on the baseline. Or even the 'We The North' font.

Chinese Rocks (or at least that's what a brief google wander says). Get it done! Or, if there is a licensing issue, we could go with the less sexy, Cleveland Rocks.

Comment

Working...
              X