Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who covers the Raptors better ... TSN or 590 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who covers the Raptors better ... TSN or 590 ?

Got to give props to TSN radio who actually went to media day and had one of their shows live from there ... Do you think there will ever be a time when Sportsnet and or TSN will have a segment dedicated to the NBA / Raptors ie Hockey Central ( 590 ) Baseball central ( 590 ) Leaf lunch ( TSN ) etc ..

guyroch wrote: View Post
    Got to give props to TSN radio who actually went to media day and had one of their shows live from there ... Do you think there will ever be a time when Sportsnet and or TSN have a segment dedicated to the NBA / Raptors ie Hockey Central ( 590 ) Baseball central ( 590 ) Leaf lunch etc
    Maybe TSN. They'll need to fill programming with something since Rogers owns the hockey rights in Canada. I'd be thrilled if they tried to really up their coverage of NBA.

Comment

On TSN Jack does the commentary. On Sportsnet Leo does. This is clearly not a debate.

In seriousness, neither are great, but both have improved. I agree with wmcj, with TSN losing a lot of hockey, they are primed to take over Raptors coverage big time.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If the discussion is limited to radio only, then we have to acknowledge that Sportsnet actually broadcasts the games.

Comment

As for the dedicated radio show, Sportsnet does have "Hoops", usually hosted by Eric Smith. Basically a 1 hour call-in show.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            As for the dedicated radio show, Sportsnet does have "Hoops", usually hosted by Eric Smith. Basically a 1 hour call-in show.
            Yea baried on a Thursday night ... I am talking about a day time slot ie between 10 to 4 .. I have to tune into ESPN podcasts during the playoffs cause it is like pulling out a tooth to get those two stations to talk hoops ..

590 morning show is dedicating a segment to talk about 2 NHL teams a day prior to the season ... Really we need to know about Nashville and Columbus ???
            Last edited by guyroch; Tue Sep 30, 2014, 04:03 PM.

Comment

May be it's because I have been listening toSportsnet (590) for so long the personalities have got stale. TSN seems to be much better these days. Sportsnet are going to be even more hockey centric this season with the big tv deal with the NHL.

Comment

With TSN's new website, it's hard to say they cover anything well... what garbage!

It's awful how pre-season hockey completely takes over the national sports networks, considering that MLB playoffs are coming up, NFL is kicking off, CFL is in the playoff push, PGA season just wrapped up with the Ryder Cup, etc...

I'd love to see one of the networks take that first step to really push the NBA in Canada. With the Raptors poised to be a top team over the next couple seasons, their 20th anniversary being celebrated, and the NBA all-star game just around the corner, now is the time to step out on that limb.

Comment

Logically one would think since TSN lost the hockey rights to Rogers they would be inclined to show and cover more Raptors related but knowing the idiots at TSN they will still no give a shit about the Raps
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Man I miss court surfing on the score
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                      One of the best shows ever IMO
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        One of the best shows ever IMO
                        Agree, such a sweet way to stay in tune with the league. I don't really wanna watch a Hawks-Kings game unless it's gearing up for a wild finish. How am I supposed to know which games are good now without Court surfing?
                        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Even better than Court Surfing, was Court Cuts

Comment

So many great NBA stories this year ... Wiggins and Bennet playing for Wolves , Lebron going home , Nik starting his pro career started with Kings etc ., I am so starved for NBA talk ...

It seems finding a U.S podcast that isn't talking about the NFL is as hard as finding TSN and sportsnet segment on the NBA ...

Bill Simmions suspension better end soon ...
                            Last edited by guyroch; Wed Oct 1, 2014, 10:04 AM.

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                              I just miss theScore in general. They generally did waaay more NBA stuff than everyone else, especially when Tim and Sid were there.

F---kin Rogers taking away my happiness again and again.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                              X