No announcement yet.

Raptors to honour Jalen Rose & others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors to honour Jalen Rose & others?

Clip from a Jalen & Jacoby podcast. Skip to 7:40.

He mentions something about "top 10". Anyone heard anything about this yet?
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Interesting.

Comment

Honour him for what? lol.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Honour him for what? lol.
        Helping let Kobe get 81?

Comment

Seriously though, honour Rose for what? nothing against him, but what has he accomplished here??

I know, i read somewhere last year that the Raps were planning to honour or recognize their past this coming season. I could easily think of 10 former/retired Raps that are more worthy than Rose.

Not in order:

1. Damon
          2. Oakley
          3. Davis
          4. T-Mac
          5. Alvin
          6. JYD
          7. MoPete
          8. Christie
          9. Parker
          10. Ford
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Alvin williams deserves to get honored for sure

Comment

Who we playing after thanksgiving, if it's Memphis, I'd expect vince to be honoured as well. But honestly, j rose shouldn't be in the top 10 anything really. If he's in the top ten raptors ever, that just means we've been pretty bad for the past 20 years.

Which when I think about it, it's sadly true.
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                Seriously though, honour Rose for what? nothing against him, but what has he accomplished here??

I know, i read somewhere last year that the Raps were planning to honour or recognize their past this coming season. I could easily think of 10 former/retired Raps that are more worthy than Rose.

Not in order:

1. Damon
                2. Oakley
                3. Davis
                4. T-Mac
                5. Alvin
                6. JYD
                7. MoPete
                8. Christie
                9. Parker
                10. Ford
                Why McGrady instead of Vince? Is it because Carter is still active?

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
                  Why McGrady instead of Vince? Is it because Carter is still active?
                  Yup.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

I guess he means american thanksgiving which would start thurs nov 27th. We're home against Dallas on the 28th but that's still in the middle of the long weekend. The next home game after that would be December 5th agains the Cavs

Comment

No, Olaujowon? Well this top 10 list is bogus. Also, this is a silly idea to begin with. Why is a franchise which has only won one playoff series in 20 years, honouring anyone.
                      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                        Clip from a Jalen & Jacoby podcast. Skip to 7:40.

He mentions something about "top 10". Anyone heard anything about this yet?
                        Jalen and Jacoby did their own top 10 back courts in the NBA -- Demar and Kyle came 4th: Ahead of Wall n Beal(5th), and the Cavs back court. Splash brothers beat them(I think they had them 3rd?). Manu and Tony Parker were their #1 back court.

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                        No, Olaujowon? Well this top 10 list is bogus. Also, this is a silly idea to begin with. Why is a franchise which has only won one playoff series in 20 years, honouring anyone.
                        You probably just answered your own question 20 years...so it's probably a top 20 list. With 20 former players visiting throughout the year -- pretty similar to something the Jays occasionally do.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                          Jalen and Jacoby did their own top 10 back courts in the NBA -- Demar and Kyle came 4th: Ahead of Wall n Beal(5th), and the Cavs back court. Splash brothers beat them(I think they had them 3rd?). Manu and Tony Parker were their #1 back court.

You probably just answered your own question 20 years...so it's probably a top 20 list. With 20 former players visiting throughout the year -- pretty similar to something the Jays occasionally do.
                          I was thinking the same thing about the 20y/20p thing. Wonder if Donyell makes the list. I remember that night he tied Kobe's record for 3's in a game. A good night in a long season.
                          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post

The Jays won two World Series, they get a pass.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                              The Jays won two World Series, they get a pass.
                              Sigh. So true...so true...

Comment

Working...
                              X