Preseason Game #2: Toronto Raptors 106 - Sacramento Kings 113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caccia wrote: View Post
    Jordan Hamilton had a nice line: 6-10 with a rebound and an assist. I was not really watching his defence, since the Kings move around like Mad Ants.
    Played the best of the three today, but he's unnecessary.

Comment

• holy midseason jumper batman! 18 pages and counting for a preseason game not even on TV? y'all is crazy

Only take away is DeMar and Kyle are gonna do DeMar and Kyle things. Nick Stauskas is what Jimmer and Adam Morrison were supposed to be and Bruno, holyfuckinshit, he made my mouth water based on his length alone and I ate a steak for dinner. dude looks like a prototype of what a basketball player should be. And he looks like he may just be coordinated enough to walk and chew gum at the same time.
      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• Hamilton's defence was pretty shoddy.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Where's that guy from Sunday's gamethread telling everyone Will Cherry is gonna make this team?

Will Cherry......

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Hamilton's offense means nothing in my book. We all knew coming in he's a pretty good offensive player. I wanted to see if he could defend and he's probably the worst on the team right now from what I've seen. Probably only Vasquez is worse and Vasquez problem is more physical than anything else. Also we don't need him at all so yea.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
              Where's that guy from Sunday's gamethread telling everyone Will Cherry is gonna make this team?

Will Cherry......

LMAO right!. Let's just look at it this way. Even with Lou's inability to run a team himself, he's still going to be much better than any third string level player we could bring in. I take Lou playing point guard any day over a guy like Cherry or someone on his level.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                Lol nothing. That's why I don't understand why people are so confident our offensive sets will look any better than it did last year lol. The only reason why it might be better is because of the improvements DD, JV and hopefully Terrence have made. Casey's offensive sets are horrible and this ball movement our coaching staff has been preaching since last season still hasn't improved.
                Love it when peeps are calling for heads the SECOND GAME OF PRESEASON! you know what we just watched? A scrimmage. This is still training camp, it's not a video game where you sit down and say "I'm a run the triangle in Brooklyn" and BAM! it's done. Nor are any of the top 8-9 guys really ballin out.

You still see the same weakness' in mid December I'll give you some props and admit there's a real problem.
                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• minks77 wrote: View Post
                  Love it when peeps are calling for heads the SECOND GAME OF PRESEASON! you know what we just watched? A scrimmage. This is still training camp, it's not a video game where you sit down and say "I'm a run the triangle in Brooklyn" and BAM! it's done. Nor are any of the top 8-9 guys really ballin out.

You still see the same weakness' in mid December I'll give you some props and admit there's a real problem.
                  The reason some of us are frustrated with Casey is because this is the same shit he did last season absolutely nothing has changed
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Didn't even understand the point of giving Landry fields any playtime at all. He's clearly not going to be a raptor relatively soon.

Comment

• minks77 wrote: View Post

I know it's still too early to be worrying about offense and defense. I have more faith that the defense will get better, but offense I don't know man. I was hoping to see more ball movement like what Sac showed. That's not necessarily set plays, it's just guys playing the game the right way. We NEVER move the ball like that and I just feel it really shouldn't be that hard. Why can't our coaching staff get it ingrained into our guys heads like a lot of other coaches are able to? We've been preaching it since last year but it still looks just as bad as it did last year.

Comment

• Sadly Landry should be in Germany getting some semi-illegal surgery in an attempt to save his career.

I actually liked the half-court trap that the 3rd unit run -- I'm not gonna hate too much on Casey. Also, really enjoyed when the Kings TV guys tried to say Bruno's last name...hilarious...they didn't even try with Jonas, what made them think they could say Caboclo...jokes.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          The reason some of us are frustrated with Casey is because this is the same shit he did last season absolutely nothing has changed
                          EXACTLY! I see NO difference in the offense from last year. It's the same shit. Like I'm not saying he has to bring out his best sets for preseason but I should I least be able to see some change in the way the offense flows. It's still as stagnant as ever.

Comment

EXACTLY! I see NO difference in the offense from last year. It's the same shit. Like I'm not saying he has to bring out his best sets for preseason but I should I least be able to see some change in the way the offense flows. It's still as stagnant as ever.
                            Again...it's way too early to freak out. Like, beyond way too early. If this is how it looks 15 games into the season, then you can call for Casey's head if you like. For now, chill out. It shouldn't look any different. It shouldn't look like anything. This was the 2nd preseason game, and we had 2 key guys sitting out. There's really no reason to do anything in terms of running offensive system/sets. These are nothing games in terms of tactics. Mostly evaluating fringe players, while giving the regulars at least some minutes and reps (mostly on stuff they've been working on individually).

Comment

So nothing has changed? I don't remember Will Cherry putting in 20 minutes of work last season. 2 of our top 7 are out with injury. Of our top (healthy) 5 DeMar and Klow played less than half the game and KILLED it when they were in there while looking only half assed about it. Kings best player not named DMC and most involved in the passing game was Ramon "mercenary" sessions. Followed by Omri "Oh fuck I'm almost outta the L" Casspi. NS will see short minutes when the games really count cuz he can't defend me, JThom will get frustrated and go back to being invisible and last but not least is Shaq-lemore. You really think he'll even be at Ross' 13-14 level?

IT'S PRESEASON. unless you are on the coaching staff there are ZERO takeaways.
                              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• *takes a deep whiff*

Ahh... it's good to have basketball back.
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X