No announcement yet.

Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the idea of a sublimated back design.. and that looks fantastic. I don't like the front and center logo though.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Interesting.....

So awesome. I wanted to say something along these lines at some point, but this says it way better than I ever could.

Comment

• Gold is basically the only colour not being used in the NBA by another team ... besides Pink ...

Nevermind.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Gold is basically the only colour not being used in the NBA by another team ...
          But the Lakers call this gold

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I would love those jerseys with just "Toronto" on the front
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

some guy from Reddit posted this. Have you guys seen this jersey?
              I want this

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                So awesome. I wanted to say something along these lines at some point, but this says it way better than I ever could.
                That's not really a fair comparison. In that graphic, there are only two logos that look really similar, and that's Toronto and Brooklyn. No one has an issue with the logo being a circle. It's the entire look of the logo with the ball and the black border and the lettering.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  That's not really a fair comparison. In that graphic, there are only two logos that look really similar, and that's Toronto and Brooklyn. No one has an issue with the logo being a circle. It's the entire look of the logo with the ball and the black border and the lettering.

thats just a piss poor critique if the big concern is both used a fucking basketball as part of the logo. the lettering? the typeface could be better, but the way it's laid out is like EVERY OTHER logo on there. its the only way it makes sense to surround a circle.

how could you possibly think that the raptors and nets logos are the only ones that look alike on that list???

pretty much all the logos with baseballs do the exact same thing. same baseball, but with a giant letter (or letters in front of it). rangers. expos. royals.

then there are the ones without using a ball but just use letters in the middle. padres. panthers. nationals. angels. pirates. oakland a's.

these are all clearly extremely similar. if anything, the pacers and brooklyn logo look WAY more similar than the raptors one does. similar thin typeface. same ball. usage of a single letter. black circle. whoop dee do.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

thats just a piss poor critique if the big concern is both used a fucking basketball as part of the logo. the lettering? the typeface could be better, but the way it's laid out is like EVERY OTHER logo on there. its the only way it makes sense to surround a circle.

how could you possibly think that the raptors and nets logos are the only ones that look alike on that list???

pretty much all the logos with baseballs do the exact same thing. same baseball, but with a giant letter (or letters in front of it). rangers. expos. royals.

then there are the ones without using a ball but just use letters in the middle. padres. panthers. nationals. angels. pirates. oakland a's.

these are all clearly extremely similar. if anything, the pacers and brooklyn logo look WAY more similar than the raptors one does. similar thin typeface. same ball. usage of a single letter. black circle. whoop dee do.
                    Like I said, it's the entire look of the logo. The others have distinguishing features or fonts; the only thing that separates ours and Brooklyn is the B and the tearing. Most of the other logos in this graphic dont look anything alike other than that they are circles, save for the Texas Rangers and Expos.

And even if your argument were to hold, what does it say about this logo that is resembles so many other logos? It's simply the most unoriginal, generic design they could have come up with.

I am starting to like the gold version, but the grey version is a clusterfuck. Either way we should have kept the claw as our primary.

Comment

• Minny Wild logo kinda looks like UFO lmao
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Like I said, it's the entire look of the logo. The others have distinguishing features or fonts; the only thing that separates ours and Brooklyn is the B and the tearing. Most of the other logos in this graphic dont look anything alike other than that they are circles, save for the Texas Rangers and Expos.

And even if your argument were to hold, what does it say about this logo that is resembles so many other logos? It's simply the most unoriginal, generic design they could have come up with.

I am starting to like the gold version, but the grey version is a clusterfuck. Either way we should have kept the claw as our primary.
                        I believe that your opinion of the logo is being skewed by the poor release.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

"Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Minny Wild logo kinda looks like UFO lmao
                            The logo is supposed to be a bear and a forest at the same time... which is why it made me laugh when Bryz went there last year. Remember what he said he was scared of?
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                              Do you mean by the white logo being released first? Because I assure you that's not the case. The grey on black has been derided by pretty much every design person who's weighed in so far. Every poll I've seen, the dislikes outweigh the likes, and I haven't seen any Raptors players rep or speak positively of the new logo.

If it was just the botched release that was the issue, the reaction wouldn't have been so severely negative. If they had released the grey-on-black first, people might not have made the Brooklyn comparison (which I personally think is the weakest argument against the logo), but they still would have reacted negatively to the logo's colours and general lack of character.

Comment

• the problem with polls is that they reflect what people think, however people are dumb and love a good bandwagon
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X