Raptors Rebrand Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    SI grades the 4 new NBA logos. Raps included.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/04/24/cli...y-color-mascot
    The Bucks is my favorite of the new logos, and this guy shit on it. Just goes to show how incredibly subjective feelings towards logo's are. Fashion is the same way, so I'm not surprised.

Comment

• fan made
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

fan made
        That's tight

Comment

fan made
          I like the idea of it saying TORONTORAPTORS in white and red on the end lines, as well our much maligned clawed basketball logo is PERFECT for center court. Make it happen!
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

fan made
            I could really watch that for 82+ games a year. This has to be a thing. Please

Comment

• ^that avatar tho. LOL
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                ^that avatar tho. LOL
                Its ok, I know

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                  Wow disagree with that guy on the Clippers logo. That thing is awful.

It's not even a logo, it's what you'd see on screen at the start of an NBA tv show before the host walks out.
                  Yeah, I can understand the Clippers desire to rebrand after 30 years of Sterling led crap. TV backdrop is a pretty good analogy.

Primer wrote: View Post
                  The Bucks is my favorite of the new logos, and this guy shit on it. Just goes to show how incredibly subjective feelings towards logo's are. Fashion is the same way, so I'm not surprised.
                  yeah, I really like the new Bucks logo too. Maybe not as awesome as the '68 one (drugs!), but very solid. Like the new colour scheme too.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I like how they played with the logo for the Raps Twitter avatar, playing up the We the North (*Edit - or is it a nod to the NBA's cocaine era?):

Last edited by S.R.; Fri May 1, 2015, 10:19 AM.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

SI grades the 4 new NBA logos. Raps included.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/04/24/cli...y-color-mascot
                      Letter N wrote: View Post
                      Wow disagree with that guy on the Clippers logo. That thing is awful.

It's not even a logo, it's what you'd see on screen at the start of an NBA tv show before the host walks out.
                      Primer wrote: View Post
                      I agree with him 100% on the Raps new logo - on its own, it goes beyond minimal/modern into plain/uninspiring/unemotional territory for me.

Honestly after 20 years I had finally started liking the original logo and the purple. It's been long enough for it to final start hitting the classic/vintage stage. I hope they keep trotting out the purples a few times a year.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        I agree with him 100% on the Raps new logo - on its own, it goes beyond minimal/modern into plain/uninspiring/unemotional territory for me.

Honestly after 20 years I had finally started liking the original logo and the purple. It's been long enough for it to final start hitting the classic/vintage stage. I hope they keep trotting out the purples a few times a year.
                        Agreed. Not a fan of the Raps rebrand at all to be honest. Think more retro nights and use of the claw logo with purple would have been a good way to go.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

fan made
                          SiCK!
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Agreed. Not a fan of the Raps rebrand at all to be honest. Think more retro nights and use of the claw logo with purple would have been a good way to go.
                            BUT LOOK AT THAT COURT... Something like that has to happen.

I agree the logo isn't anything special, but most aren't until they have meaning attached to them really.

Can someone forward that court to the right people?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Our original logo could be around for 100 years and it would still be silly and stupid looking. It wasn't even a good design by early 90's standards. Our new logo isn't amazing, but it's a hell of a lot better than an anthropomorphic velociraptor wearing a basketball jersey and basketball shorts dribbling a basketball. Reminds me of those early 90's shirts with anthropomorphic dogs that said "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                Our original logo could be around for 100 years and it would still be silly and stupid looking. It wasn't even a good design by early 90's standards. Our new logo isn't amazing, but it's a hell of a lot better than an anthropomorphic velociraptor wearing a basketball jersey and basketball shorts dribbling a basketball. Reminds me of those early 90's shirts with anthropomorphic dogs that said "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
                                Maybe he meant the claw. I think the claw was reaching classic levels. Most of the Raptors fans reddit flairs are claws, most of the merchandise was claws... it's a simple, effective, and unique look.

The new logo is so generic and forgettable. The latest thing it reminds me of is a Hawaiian shirt, I'm not even sure why.

Comment

Working...
                                X