Rudy Golbert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy Golbert

Rudy Golbert is an amazing young prospect center, wondering what does it take to acquire him from the Jazz. Expiring + future 1st, the Jazz are high on Golbert but with Favors and Kanter, I only see Golbert being a career backup; however with Golbert here, even if Valanciunas is injured, he can step up immediately. And possibly in the future, we can acquire Tony Parker when Duncan retires.

MOAR ARMS!!!l!!!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Gobert had 20 rebounds in 22 minutes against the Clippers tonight. His stock just went up.

Last edited by stretch; Mon Oct 13, 2014, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Love how Tony Parker just got thrown in there at the end! haha "Career backup", little early to judge that, no?

Comment

Gobert is essentially like Bebe to me except with longer arms and no injury problems so I'm not really that fussed about getting him.

Comment

He will get solid playing time in Utah, with Favors due to break out and Kanter starting alongside him, Gobert will get a chance to see solid minutes and produce. He is in a great place for his development.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Gobert is not available.

With his upside and 3 more years of a rookie contract that was a 27th pick? No way, no how, no sir.

You'd get Kanter before him I think considering Kanter is coming off his rookie deal after this season.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                Rudy Golbert is an amazing young prospect center, wondering what does it take to acquire him from the Jazz. Expiring + future 1st, the Jazz are high on Golbert but with Favors and Kanter, I only see Golbert being a career backup; however with Golbert here, even if Valanciunas is injured, he can step up immediately. And possibly in the future, we can acquire Tony Parker when Duncan retires.
                That escalated quickly...even for TFTW.
                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  Gobert is not available.

With his upside and 3 more years of a rookie contract that was a 27th pick? No way, no how, no sir.

You'd get Kanter before him I think considering Kanter is coming off his rookie deal after this season.
                  yeah, The Jazz saw that game, their not going to be stupid. They now they're rebuilding and he might be a really good piece.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

We all know Masai is a wizard but there's no way Utah is letting Gobert go
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      We all know Masai is a wizard but there's no way Utah is letting Gobert go
                      I can see them letting him go for the right price. That price will be too steep for us and I don't think it'll be worth it, it won't put us over the top
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

When will Bebe play and we get to see his production, let's hope he won't be our Solomon Alabi or Jerome Moiso

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                          When will Bebe play and we get to see his production, let's hope he won't be our Solomon Alabi or Jerome Moiso
                          He is injured. Groin strain.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Gobert single handedly crushed both Gasol Bros @FIBA WC when France stunned Spain. And I read somewhere that the Jazz full staff was attending this game and was really really happy about what he showed. This was his breakout game, Clips was only a confirmation of his potential.

I say Kanter is out by trade deadline.

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
                              Gobert single handedly crushed both Gasol Bros @FIBA WC when France stunned Spain. And I read somewhere that the Jazz full staff was attending this game and was really really happy about what he showed. This was his breakout game, Clips was only a confirmation of his potential.

I say Kanter is out by trade deadline.
                              That is a bit of a stretch. Yes, Gobert had 13 rebounds against Spain including 4 offensive boards, but 5 points and 1 block with two turnovers and 4 personal fouls does not amount to single handedly crushing the Gasol brothers. Pau had 17 points in that game on 7 of 12 from the field and 8 rebounds. Rudy was coming off the bench for France for the tournament averaging 4.1 ppg, 4.7 rpg, and and 0.9 blocks.

http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldc...ore_statistics
                              Last edited by stretch; Thu Oct 16, 2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X