Trade Market is God Awful - One Piece Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    I've said it from day one,this team is David West away from competing for championship. Can they win it NO,but compete for it,Yes.
    No David West, the dude is getting old, how about Al Hoford, what does it take of our roster to land Hoford without loosing Ross, DeRozan, Lowry, Val, and Bruno. Anyone else is packed along with Amir Johnson + 1st rounder. However, we can pray that Lamarcus Aldridge have a season ending career so his stock will go down, a possible trade with Portland. We are 1 PF away from being a contender in the East or we wait until Bruno develops into a decent SF then we can trade Ross + Amir for a better PF

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Considering I brought up what to do next year as an alternative to a discussion on making a trade now, I would think you'd be on my side, given your desire to let them play this season first.
      I'm always on your side Dan

Comment

The more I watch Lou Williams, the more I enjoy him coming off the bench for instant offense. GV moves to the 2 - due to slow feet for defensive purposes. Resign Lou for two plus an option- getting 10 points off the bench a game for the man who will accept that role must be rewarded.

Hansborough is an enforcer, he is a solid 9th man. He will force Steemer off the team and allow Jordan Hamilton to make this team and give JJ a more defined role on this team- instead of 18 minutes to maybe half. Passion is his curse.

GV plus Amir will be trade bait plus first round pick can be offered up as well for Horford
        Last edited by Heatdreamer; Sat Oct 18, 2014, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Really good read - make the click.

The Hawks have been at the periphery of trade talks since Ferry took over and started to gut the one-and-done team built around Joe Johnson, Horford, and Josh Smith. He opted for draft picks, flexibility, and value contracts. They've managed to put together a playoff team anyway, having the best of both worlds. Yet Atlanta has consistently been mentioned as "looking to make a move" or "could potentially blow things up" talks, as if the entire time management was holding it's thumb sideways like Joaquin Phoenix in "Gladiator."
          So if you can't trade Horford for what you need, it doesn't help you to trade him for what you can, and you can't use him to sign a major upgrade. So yeah, Horford will likely continue to be involved in trade talks, because trying to figure out how to work him into a championship picture is one of the more complicated issues in basketball.
          http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...ade-al-horford

I think a healthy Horford puts Toronto in the championship picture next year assuming JV continues with his development this year and next. Lowry, DD, Horford, JV then throw in Ross, a bench with GV, PP, Amir and the potential of Bruno..... could be a contender for quite some time.

Comment

"The league is changing so much and we are playing at a faster pace," Horford said. "In this offense, the way I look at it, the 4 and the 5 are very interchangeable. Paul (Millsap) and I can both play inside and out. It works here. Before it might not have worked but here it works."
            http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2014/1...-power-forward

Maybe Al is cool with C afterall?

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Maybe he is....would still wonder if he'd prefer PF though. I want Al Horford....

Comment

How about Tristan Thompson? He seem like a younger version of Amir, who can be a beast on the boards. He can complement Jonas inside as well. He deserves to be a starter imo, but is relegated to the bench due to Kevin Love. He'll probably be cheaper than a Horford or an Aldridge (I'll give him Patterson's contract). Plus he's Canadian, and I'm sure he'll love to come home a la Lebron, esp now that the Raps are the best team in TO atm.

Anthony Bennett can be an option too if Minny won't have plans for him. He has potential and can be a Paul Millsap/David West/Larry Johnson type of player.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                  How about Tristan Thompson? He seem like a younger version of Amir, who can be a beast on the boards. He can complement Jonas inside as well. He deserves to be a starter imo, but is relegated to the bench due to Kevin Love. He'll probably be cheaper than a Horford or an Aldridge (I'll give him Patterson's contract). Plus he's Canadian, and I'm sure he'll love to come home a la Lebron, esp now that the Raps are the best team in TO atm.

Anthony Bennett can be an option too if Minny won't have plans for him. He has potential and can be a Paul Millsap/David West/Larry Johnson type of player.
                  Thompson is not a dynamic player. I don't see the fit.

Bennett does intrigue.

Comment

Wasn't Atlanta interested in Monroe? I could see a Detroit/Atlanta swap such that Monroe gets moved to Atlanta.. Toronto could fit in nicely as a third team.

Something like:

Atlanta gets Monroe and Fields (or Hayes)
                    Toronto gets Horford
                    Detroit gets Ross, Bro, first from Toronto

Can't make the deal until after December 15 and only if Monroe agrees.

Comment

Bennett is gonna be a decent rotational player on a good team in his career.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Wasn't Atlanta interested in Monroe? I could see a Detroit/Atlanta swap such that Monroe gets moved to Atlanta.. Toronto could fit in nicely as a third team.

Something like:

Toronto gets Horford

That is an interesting idea.

Atlanta also has the cap space necessary to keep Monroe as I don't believe his Bird Rights are tradable on a QO.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Something like:

Toronto gets Horford

Maybe I'm missing something, but if Atlanta wants Monroe, why wouldn't they just sign him outright after this season as an unrestricted FA?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                            Maybe I'm missing something, but if Atlanta wants Monroe, why wouldn't they just sign him outright after this season as an unrestricted FA?
                            A trial run before committing millions.

Also I think in this scenario they get more than Monroe and Fields.

Comment

Tricky part about giving up assets for Monroe is that they would not have a competitive advantage in signing him. Can only offer 4 years just like anyone else, need cap room to sign him (if they want to offer any raise at all).

Throw in Monroe needing to agree to the trade, and I think it very unlikely he gets moved.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                That is an interesting idea.

Atlanta also has the cap space necessary to keep Monroe as I don't believe his Bird Rights are tradable on a QO.
                                DanH wrote: View Post
                                Tricky part about giving up assets for Monroe is that they would not have a competitive advantage in signing him. Can only offer 4 years just like anyone else, need cap room to sign him (if they want to offer any raise at all).

Throw in Monroe needing to agree to the trade, and I think it very unlikely he gets moved.
                                The cap space is not an issue. They've only $36m committed with Horford for next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X