X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck guys.

Comment

Skywalker in both Finals! Damn. Good luck fellas!

Comment

One idea I think should be considered is changing the draft from auction to standard.

This would effectively differentiate this league from Dynasty. I feel they are currently too similar, which is my this league is viewed as a minor league.

A standard free agent draft would allow teams to trade multiple draft picks.

I also propose changing the keeper rules to three players, with a limite of three consecutive years, for a max total of four years (1+3).

I also propose making this league a money league. A vested financial interest would be a positive factor in keeping managers engaged throughout the regular season.

For those teams out of the playoffs, selling off hired guns to playoff teams preparing to make title runs in exchange for any number of high, top round picks gives them better odds of being top contenders next season, while diminishing the odds of current contenders repeating as such next season.

Finally, I want to offer my services to assist in making this league as good as it can be. I see a wealth of existing potential for this to be as good and better than Dynasty is today.
        RR OG

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
          One idea I think should be considered is changing the draft from auction to standard.

This would effectively differentiate this league from Dynasty. I feel they are currently too similar, which is my this league is viewed as a minor league.

I also propose changing the keeper rules to three players, with a limite of three consecutive years, for a max total of four years (1+3).

I also propose making this league a money league. A vested financial interest would be a positive factor in keeping managers engaged throughout the regular season.

For those teams out of the playoffs, selling off hired guns to playoff teams preparing to make title runs in exchange for any number of high, top round picks gives them better odds of being top contenders next season, while diminishing the odds of current contenders repeating as such next season.

Finally, I want to offer my services to assist in making this league as good as it can be. I see a wealth of existing potential for this to be as good and better than Dynasty is today.
          Thanks for starting this conversation Ballswin. I'm not opposed to shaking things up here to make things more exciting and enticing. It's definitely a conversation worth having. Here are my thoughts about the points that you make.

1.) I like the thought of having a standard draft for the reasons that you mention. That being said, the fact that this is an auction draft is sentimental to me in that this was literally my first league that used an auction.

Further thoughts - If we changed to standard draft, wouldn't we have to have new keeper rules? Currently we use a money system so a keeper costs $30, and a franchise player costs $50. Take that away, and the rules have to be reinvented. Do we just keep any 5? Are the keepers attached to the round we first picked them in as long as we have them? So if someone picked Elfrid Payton in round 15, they can keep him for 4 years and that counts as their 15th round pick as long as they have him? Or will keepers merely be populated in a draft with in the last few rounds? or first few rounds? Just a few thoughts...

2.) I don't see any issue in changing the number of years a team can keep a keeper, as long as the league is in agreement.

3.) I am against making this a money league. I can see the point that you make. In theory the investment of money (and the prospect of winning) should cause people to be more active. That being said, I think that it would be true for at least the first portion of the season, but as the year wears on, and it becomes apparent that a team isn't going anywhere, the possibility that the manager loses interest is still just as possible.

I think the key is to simply get committed members who are active. Maybe we can clone a few McHappys? HAHA

4.) Thank you for offering your services to assist in making this league as good as it can be! And I agree that there is a wealth of potential for this to be a fantastic league!

I'd be interested in hearing the thoughts of the other members, especially Mack, Drizz, and Apollo. We are the only 4 left from when the league started 5 years ago.

In other news, Championship game 4-4!! 3RD place game 4-4!!! It's going to be a fantastic finish! Down to the WIRE!

Comment

Would love to discuss all this and more later .. just busy right now with Easter Junk, sorry guys. Thanks for starting up this conversation though!

Comment

I have no issues whatsoever making some changes to this league. I will freely admit that I don't give this league nearly the attention I wish to. I don't have a money league with my "real life" boys anymore, so I would really love it if either this Keeper league or Dynasty(preferably both) were money leagues. I just happen to be doing a lot better in the Dynasty league than this one, so I pay more attention to that. lol But I have Wiggins, Val, Boogie and Bledsoe over here, so I do have vested interest long-term!

I'm in favor of making this a standard draft as well, to set it apart from Dynasty.

I wonder how many of the managers in this league are actually active though?

If Ballswin or anyone else wants to put in some formal rule changes to go up for vote after the season and with the permission of the commissioners, I'm down. I'm a committed owner and I love the competition these leagues bring!

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post

Personally I'm up for all proposed changes except changing from Auction Draft to Standard. I love the Auction Draft format, and considering Keeper was the original Exciting Auction, and still can be with the right moves made toward restricting Keeper statuses, I think its a good format. But I'll go where the owners go on this one. Thanks for doing this, and for the offer of assistance! Will certainly let you know!

Comment

Well hello there #RINGS.

Comment

Congrats Skywalker and well deserved. The Lowry injury killed me. But you were the best team all year. Well done!

Comment

pakdawgie wrote: View Post
                      Congrats Skywalker and well deserved. The Lowry injury killed me. But you were the best team all year. Well done!
                      Thanks Pakdawgie!

Comment

Congrats again over here, Skywalker. You are officially a marked man!! Two leagues are now out to get you.

Comment

Personally I love the auction format for fantasy basketball and my vote is for keeping it.

What I recommend is a FAAB waiver wire. Let's add strategy, not take it way.

What is FAAB? It stands for free-agent acquisition budget, a stash of imaginary cash that every team in your league is given to do free-agent auction bidding. Simply put, FAAB is an in-season salary cap that covers all your free-agent needs.
                          http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/ba...2k11faabprimer

Basically instead of a ranking system for determination of claims you place hidden bids on players and the highest bid wins. You have a limited budget for the year and there is no carry over to future seasons.

With Yahoo it's all handled automatically, you just pick the budget amount and so there is no manual upkeep.

In other news, congrats to Skywalker.

Comment

Congrats Skywalker!! Also Co-Commissioner Apollo

First off, CONGRATS SKYWALKER! Dynasty across multiple leagues. Epic! Haha

New Format will place the Name of the Season Winner in the thread name for that Season. A little extra recognition.

Oh, right, so I wanted to wait for the season to close up before announcing, but Apollo will be coming back on as Co-Commissioner for the Keeper League to offer all of his Expertise in Managing this fine League.

As the Founding Father of Keeper, I figure who better to get back into the Mix when the League could be going through its biggest changes to date.
                            Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 6, 2015, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks Joey, happy to be back!

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just to further my case on the FAAB system, we've been using is since season 1 in the NFL dynasty and it's been a success there. Maybe people in that league can add their two cents?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X